Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will there be a divided Locker Room?

NoCalMike

Patrick being a whiney backup is the only thing that will create friction.

So if there is termoil in amongst the team it will be on Pat's shoulders.

Will that prove that Pat should not have been benched or that he should be the starter? Quite the opposite in fact, what it will provew is that Pat is a 'me" player and not one that has the best interest of the team at heart.

If there is discord in the locker room it will further diminish Pat's value as a person and team member.

I've got to jump in here in support of Jbooma and Posse81's comments. I've heard the same statement about Ramsey from sources very close to the team. I'm not trying to start anything here, but I hope everyone realizes that just because someone acts one way in front of the camera doesn't mean he is liked and respected by the team. And surely you can understand that coaches would be aware of the sentiments of the players, and that that information could very well be a big part of the decision Gibbs made yesterday.

OK, sources close to the team - I really hope that these are very real sources. Because the are serious acqusations. I know the relationship PR has with Jansen & Rabach and maybe that is just between those guys. However, I don't think he is unliked by a majority of the team and he certainly doesn't whine in front of his teammates about his situation. So please you may question his ability, but please don't question him a a person.

i think the team has more confidence when brunell is in.. of course they will say the right things with PR as QB.. but i remember even portis said something about brunell was not given a good chance early last year. but i think the team realizes that brunell has outplayed PR to this point... he doesn't have the huge stats but he doen't have TOs like PR either... i think brunell is better at maintaining the field position... for the D

I agree with an above post that only Ramsey can cause a problem.

When Brunell was demoted, he was there for Ramsey all the time on the sidelines. I noticed several times that he was the first to greet Ramsey off the field after big plays in the preseason. To the press, he downplayed his success. If Ramsey does anything less than this now, I will lose a ton of respect for him. His role for now is to be our backup. If he's a team player, he'll embrace that role. If not, he's just another whiney kid who wants a starting job handed to him.

I can't sit here and let this guy say such BS comments - He is a friggin idiot! Why don't you get the facts 1st. He has never ever made 1 derogitory statement about any of his teammates or coaches and he has never made 1 excuss. Now, given what he has been through I find that quite admirable. Now if you think there is merit to the comment about the team not really liking PR - make that statement to Jansen's or Cooleys face and see what kind of response you get! GO AWAY YOU TROLL!

LOL!!! now that made my day.. I don't agree with you name calling a long standing member of this community, but it was sure funny as hell

IMO, there won't be a divided locker room. Gibbs talked with Moss and Patten. Plus, Brunell never created a problem when we was the backup.

What Gibbs did was to prevent an internal problem. The fans and media

have their own opinions. Gibbs decision is based on information that

we may never know.

The one thing I can do (as a fan) is to cheer the Redskins on regardless

of who is QB or at any other position.

Archived