Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will there be a divided Locker Room?

NoCalMike

I don't believe the locker room will be divided. In fact my speculation is the team has more confidence in a Brunell over Ramsey (now if Brunell looks like last year...). If you kind of read between the lines, the gushing praise of Ramsey in the pre/offseason (I didn't see anything special) and some of the comments that have been said about him in by teammates in the past, his teammates didn't seem to know what to make of him. I saw someone post a question who would Parcells start. My question would be, who would Gregg Williams start.

so you dismiss the comment from one of the best players that was on this team, wow you are brilliant :doh:

you do know what comment Pierce said right or do you just listen to the wind :laugh:

I really don't know why Pierce said that or what he was talking about. Tim was signed what? A week or so before he played? Then he played basically the rest of the season.

Is he talking about last year?

I guess defensive players no more about an offense than a HOF coach, right?

Well there are rumors that the team themselves do not care for Ramsey to much because he blames everyone for his mistakes.

Can you please give us a source or actual quote on these rumors?

(I doubt it)

so you dismiss the comment from one of the best players that was on this team, wow you are brilliant :doh:

you do know what comment Pierce said right or do you just listen to the wind :laugh:

Relax 318...The article jb is talking about is here

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110931

I guess here first :laugh:

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110596

It won't divide the locker room. I heard from a player EXACTLY what JBooma wrote in his posts--that Ramsey is not the most popular guy in the locker room (to put it mildly) and often blames others for his mistakes. Brunell in the other hand is widely respected and well liked. And, if PR did request a trade, it would validate that sentiment in my mind.

I wasn't going to post this, but I thought it might add to the conversation. In any event, take it any way you want.

:doh:

Ummm...check the post count...Jbooma's far from a troll, he's one of the most respected posters on here. And he may have a point...Mitchell even said on the radio today that the players wanted the change, as did some of the coaches. Liking a guy and thinking that a change might be needed are completely different things. Ramsey's acted like a class act on the outside, but we have no clue if who he blames for the interceptions in the locker room. That's a rumour I tend not to believe based on what I know of Ramsey, but not believing it doesn't make the turnovers go away either.

Post count means nothing to me - Look at what he suggested - The team itself my not like Ramsey (he blames others). When has he ever blamed anyone. This is a very serious claim. It's one thing to say he is not a good QB, but another thing to say he is not a good teammate. You better be sure before you question his character. Like I said, mentioned this to Rabach, Cooley, Jansen and see what type of response you get.

I don't think the lockerroom is divided. People on this team are waiting for a QB to come in and inspire confidence. They want someone to grab the offense, command the huddle, etc.

If that man turns out to be MB, they will be fine. I don't think they really care who it is. Both QBs are likeable guys so it's not like we're starting Jeff George or someone like that.

Post count means nothing to me - Look at what he suggested - The team itself my not like Ramsey (he blames others). When has he ever blamed anyone. This is a very serious claim. It's one thing to say he is not a good QB, but another thing to say he is not a good teammate. You better be sure before you question his character. Like I said, mentioned this to Rabach, Cooley, Jansen and see what type of response you get.

I don't think Ramsey blames others. I just don't think the other players will care who is out there if it's working.

I think what Gibbs did was something the team can respect. It's not fair to a good OL, RB, and WRs to have a QB turning the ball over.

Look, you're obviously a Ramsey fan. He's a great guy and has some talent, but he's made far more mistakes and he has to be accountable for that. If he's the #2, his job is to do his best as the #2. Brunell was always there greeting him off the field, etc. Ramsey owes that much to Mark.

Pierce said that all the defensive players wanted Tim as the qb when he was here not Ramsey. Everyone on this board lashed out on this article, however now he might have been correct.

Peirce only said that because Timmy was starting a preseason game and was trying to build little Zero rating Timmys confidence :cool:

Said they preferred Hasselback as the QB - Never said they didn't like PR - thats a big stretch.....

You're right.

However, like I've said before, all 3 QBs here are likeable so I don't know why anyone would care that much. The only ones who would care are immature ones that are friends with Patrick. If that's the case, they have bigger issues.

I've got to jump in here in support of Jbooma and Posse81's comments. I've heard the same statement about Ramsey from sources very close to the team. I'm not trying to start anything here, but I hope everyone realizes that just because someone acts one way in front of the camera doesn't mean he is liked and respected by the team. And surely you can understand that coaches would be aware of the sentiments of the players, and that that information could very well be a big part of the decision Gibbs made yesterday.

Archived