Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come clean, who thought the Bears were going to drive for the game winning FG?

MikeB

Absolutely. When I saw the play calls on our side on offense prior to the Bears getting the ball back, I thought that Gibbs should have thrown it just once to get another 1st down if he had so much confidence in his boy, Mark/Scott Brunnel. But he didn't. So it seemed just so typical of our past, to see the little rookie march down the field and win by one for the Bears.

It very much seemed as though the Bears would drive into field goal range and pull out a squeaker. Our defense WAS fantastic yesterday, but on Chicago's last few drives, they were constantly able to convert on 3rd down. this was KILLING me.

We got the stop and got the win. Now we have to find a way into the end zone....... in Dallas.

Who, like me, thought the Bears were going to drive into FG range and kick the game winner with no time left?

I thought it was going to happen. The reason is, how many times did it happen to us last year? a couple times? When we get the ball with 5 minutes left in the game, we have to get FIRST DOWNS! It seemed like last year, we'd be up by 2 or 6 with 5 minutes left, go 3 and out and end up losing the game on the final play. I really was biting my nails when they got the ball back. Thank god our defense stepped it up and the crowd caused the bears to fall start a couple times.

Archived