Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just STOP

Spaceman Spiff

Christ fellas, can we give it a break already? I understand everyones all fired up about the hurricane, but seriously. It's like every thread in here is about who to put the blame on. I've touched on it in a couple other threads, but whatever, it's really getting old now.

So seriously, answer me guys, what good is this blame placing doing? Is it helping the people who have lost their homes? Is it saving lives? Rebuilding the city? Helping get rid of the water? Stopping looters? Is Bush running again in 2008? Well?

I understand the want to place blame. A lot of people dropped the ball on this one, the president, the govenor, the mayor, everyone involved. But seriously guys, people are just arguing the same points over and over. Liberals want to blame Bush the most, conservatives want to blame the mayor and the govenor the most.

But what good is it doing? Just chest thumping and fingerpointing from both sides is all I see. It's easy to criticize in hindsight, but it's not helping the people who need help.

I'm just tired of it. Sorry if i pissed anyone off, but I needed to vent.

:2cents: , HTTR.

Christ fellas, can we give it a break already? I understand everyones all fired up about the hurricane, but seriously. It's like every thread in here is about who to put the blame on. I've touched on it in a couple other threads, but whatever, it's really getting old now.

So seriously, answer me guys, what good is this blame placing doing? Is it helping the people who have lost their homes? Is it saving lives? Rebuilding the city? Helping get rid of the water? Stopping looters? Is Bush running again in 2008? Well?

I understand the want to place blame. A lot of people dropped the ball on this one, the president, the govenor, the mayor, everyone involved. But seriously guys, people are just arguing the same points over and over. Liberals want to blame Bush the most, conservatives want to blame the mayor and the govenor the most.

But what good is it doing? Just chest thumping and fingerpointing from both sides is all I see. It's easy to criticize in hindsight, but it's not helping the people who need help.

I'm just tired of it. Sorry if i pissed anyone off, but I needed to vent.

:2cents: , HTTR.

:cheers:

:notworthy :notworthy

....yea, so what do you expect us to do if we don't talk about the hurricane and whose fault it is...I mean, like, what else is going on in the world....

...other than OPENING DAY being less than THREE DAYS AWAY NOW and we're about to open up the season by kicking the Bears' ass :)

No fun in talking about that....

from me in another thread to Try and give a little perspective...

Go to the basement of the Pentagon where the Army operations Center has been tracking the storm from before it hit Florida ( a storm on the coast of Africa) and ask the 15 officers and 2 Enlisted personnel that are keeping track what is going on?

They are the ones on the phone with Fema the Gov and the Army Corp of Engineers doing 12 hour shifts everyday from the time it became a hurricane that "could" have hit Florida.

go to the Joint Chiefs of staff that get the information from the above and ask them what is going on?

3 star Generals showing up at all times in the War Room going over what could be/should be/ is happening.. in Jeans and boots and an aura of authority that nobody misses...

I will never watch the weather channel again.... ever.... it's on 24x7 for years....

In my lil opinion this was worse than Andrew in the ability to react...

Edit: This is not a game, this is not something people don't stake their careers and lives on.. These are OUR people white/black/yellow/green doesnt matter: there are preset orders to folllow and every event/hour has a designated setup... There are tough hours that you get screamed at and there is nothing you can do... Give it time and you will see that There were things in the background waiting that may/maynot have gotten screwed up, but there were people PUSHING from all sides... None of them caring about race... As the Command and Control room that calls the shots and coordinates the communication as much as possible is Black/White/yellow/green also....

Run the rhetoric over and over and over and over again with this soundbite from this show and that interview from that person: (i have) but when it comes down to the live or die.... There are people that work day/night to try.

....yea, so what do you expect us to do if we don't talk about the hurricane and whose fault it is...I mean, like, what else is going on in the world....

How about this?Fossils reveal flying prehistoric giants

By Paul Hoskins

Thu Sep 8,12:42 PM ET

DUBLIN (Reuters) - The giant reptiles that flew above the earth until about 65 million years ago could have grown to twice the size originally thought with wingspans of at least 18 meters, a paleontologist said on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

That would be almost the same width as the 64 foot fully extended wingspan of an F-14 Tomcat fighter aircraft and roughly five times bigger than an albatross, which ranks among the birds with the largest wingspans in the modern world.

Dr David Martill of the University of Portsmouth in southern England, said his research on pterosaur wings appeared to solve the problem of how such enormous creatures managed to take to the skies and stay there.

Recent fossil finds in Mexico and Israel added weight to the theory that this prehistoric, flying reptile, which became extinct at the same time as the dinosaurs, could have been much bigger than many had realized.

"We haven't officially announced this yet but it might have been two times bigger," he told journalists at the British Association for the Advancement of Science's annual festival in the Irish capital.

"BIG FRAGMENTS"

Martill said fellow academic and collaborator Dr Eberhard "Dino" Frey of the Natural History museum in Karlsruhe, Germany, had recently found distinctive fossilized footprints in Mexico pointing to a creature with a wingspan "in excess of 18 meters (60 ft)."

"Even though they are just fragments they are bloody big fragments," he said of the fossils. "We also have finger bones with really rather magnificent diameters."

Despite its size, Martill believes his studies of the bone structure and tissue of a pterosaur wing show it could have flown "really rather elegantly."

"The wing membrane is really very, very thin," he said, adding that the samples were about half a millimeter thick. "One of the other things we found out that was excitingly new was a very different shoulder joint."

The elaborate structure of the wing, more like that of a bat than a bird, combined with hollow bones and a body not much bigger than a human torso would have kept weight to a minimum.

"One imagines that the take off problems were less ... particularly if you add the fact that they were very, very lightly constructed to this enormous wing membrane area."

Martill said he had established that the wing was locked into the bottom of the body rather than the top, providing a greater surface area to benefit from the thermal air currents that give lift during flight.

More cumbersome would have been the neck, stretching to three meters in length and attached to a skull that could have added an additional two meters. Although not very aerodynamic, it might have allowed the pterosaur to pick up prey from the sea without flying dangerously close, Martill suggested.

As for why they grew so big, it could have been a function of age: "One of the reasons might be that they just kept on growing," rather than reaching an adult size when growth stops.

Archived