Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks

nelms

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.

The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice. :laugh: Smoke another one Spicoli.

Yeah, trying to get a photo-op. That didn't turn out so well either.

I mean, was it really necessary to bring along the posse and the personal photographer.

Again, I'm not defending Penn, he's an idiot, but what's the difference in his photo op and Bush's (or any other politican), besides the fact that he's sinking... :laugh:

I gotta ask...wtf kinda boat is it? The dudes got money, not even the crappy launch my crew coach used had holes in it.

Anyone seen that tampon commercial with the guy and the chick in the row boat and theres a hole in it? So the guys scrambling to plug it with something and she whips out a tampon and sticks it in the hole? Maybe someone should send Spicoli a box of tampons...

pr-Over-the-Counter_Medicine-Tampax_Tampons_With_Biodegradable_Applicator_Super_Plus_Absorbency_Super_Plus-resized200.jpg

That being said, at least he's trying. Many of the conservatives on the board were wondering about hollywood's silence, considering all of the other efforts from so many other hollywood liberals, I guess they got their answer.

Yeah... it's quite evident what Hollywood liberals are doing..... using the tragedy for a photo-op so they can go back to their hills and claim they did something to help and Bush did nothing. A boat with an entourage? How about Penn and a NO guide and no cameras? Naww.... then who would know he did it or where would the physical record of his efforts be? :doh:

Yeah... it's quite evident what Hollywood liberals are doing..... using the tragedy for a photo-op so they can go back to their hills and claim they did something to help and Bush did nothing. A boat with an entourage? How about Penn and a NO guide and no cameras? Naww.... then who would know he did it or where would the physical record of his efforts be? :doh:

I remember reading a thread where people jumped on the case of a liberal poster for saying the same thing about Trent Lott.

To all of you making fun of him, yes, it is all in good fun and it is kind of ironic, I got a good chuckle out of it, but he is at least doing something, just as code said.

For the life of me, I really find it disheartening that people who are sitting back behind their computers are poking fun at people who actually help, and saying it is just a photo-op. Yes, it works both ways too.

Archived