Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

guy advice needed....sorry its long

MissU28

Cskin is right on, dks isn't too far off the mark either.

Unfortuantely, relationships are wacked. If you are overly-agressive, people will be turned off but if you act like he's no big deal, he will pursue you as it will be a challange. You also have to be carefull, as sometimes, once that "challange" is obtained, a guy will move off to the next "challange". Every guy who is actually honest can attest that this is true over 95% of the time.

The key to building a relationship is actually getting to know the person better, but not allowing yourself to become to emotionally attached at the beginning. If you become emotionally atttached to quick, you'll endup with heartache all the time. If you are a little stand-offish, you can protect yourself as well as "lure him in". Use this time to get to know him, and who knows what the future will bring. It will probably be nothing special, but it just might. There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping all of your options open, and nothing wrong with having a long distance relationship to build on. Just keep emotionally detached from him for now, and the future may bring better things. If not, no loss, there are millions of young guys out there.

BTW, a little bit of advice, stay away from Cskin, after all who wants a rich successful man as a boyfriend . . . well, maybe NavyDave with his hidden homosexual tendencies :jk: Cskin & ND, couldn't pass up the oppertunity ;)

I'm kinda in the same situation that you are ... only met him on different terms ....

I never call him. I make him call me. I figure that if he's genuinely interested then he won't be afraid to pick up the phone and call. Sure enough - he's calling, emailing, sending text messages, sending flowers.

I'd recommend backing off of him and making him initiate communication with you for once! It definitely works!

Women are so devious.......I LOVE IT!

Thanks for all of your input, even those of u telling me i'm basically dumb for this whole situation. I think BlueTalon read a tad too much into it :silly:

What can I say. I have a degree in Counseling Pshychology, and you didn't give enough information to be very beneficial. I simply assumed you wanted a healthy relationship of some sort -- silly me.

If you aren't obsessed with the guy, or looking for an intense long-distance relationship, then I would slow down a little bit. If, in the short term, you're only looking for a hookup buddy whenever you guys are within striking distance of each other, then trust me, you don't need to be calling him and texting him multiple times a day! You might want to save some stuff to talk about until he gets out of the Marines, when a relationship may come into play. He's not playing you if you're not looking for love, so just wait it out and see how he reacts.

IMO though, I would drop it. Flings with sibling's friends almost never have happy endings.

Don't let other people's advice pressure you or discourage you. I know you asked for it, but that doesn't mean you have to turn away from yourself due to the responses.

First, he is not gay because he talks on the phone for five hours. There are many women who could not stand to talk that long on the phone, just as there are many heterosexual men who actually enjoy having conversations with people they find interesting, even if they last longer than 10 minutes. Honestly, some people just lack the mental capacity to hold a conversation for that length of time.

What you really need to do is ask yourself what you want out of this and where you may want this to go. If you are truly happy just chatting with him from time to time, hooking up when you are in the same cities, then go for it and be happy with it. Don't worry about calling him unless he gives you a reason to worry.

Otherwise, if you're not happy with that, discuss it with him.

What can I say. I have a degree in Counseling Pshychology, and you didn't give enough information to be very beneficial. I simply assumed you wanted a healthy relationship of some sort -- silly me.

if you have a degree in PSYCHOLOGY, you may want to get your master's in English...so you can learn how to spell it correctly

Don't let other people's advice pressure you or discourage you. I know you asked for it, but that doesn't mean you have to turn away from yourself due to the responses.

First, he is not gay because he talks on the phone for five hours. There are many women who could not stand to talk that long on the phone, just as there are many heterosexual men who actually enjoy having conversations with people they find interesting, even if they last longer than 10 minutes. Honestly, some people just lack the mental capacity to hold a conversation for that length of time.

What you really need to do is ask yourself what you want out of this and where you may want this to go. If you are truly happy just chatting with him from time to time, hooking up when you are in the same cities, then go for it and be happy with it. Don't worry about calling him unless he gives you a reason to worry.

Otherwise, if you're not happy with that, discuss it with him.

Give yourself a laugh like I did everyone. I read the posters name and then actually had the mental picture of the REAL Sean Taylor spouting this advice...."First, he is not gay because he talks on the phone for five hours." Thanks Sean! Now go hit someone and wave the gun around!

Take it from a dude, he wants to use you for a piece when yer up there and then not much more... He may think you're cool, or even think you're cool, but chances are that right now he's having these five hour convos to get into your pants... He's long distance, he knows he doesn't have to date you or anything...

I'd find a guy closer to home, if I were you...

• 3 years later...
So I want to bump this thread....because the guy I'm talking about in my OP....is my current live-in boyfriend of 2.5 years. So to all you naysayers....HA! ;)

Surprised you didn't bump this earlier.

But then again, what's with the live-in ish. If he likes it then he should put a ring on it!

:P

Maybe there's hope for some of us, after all.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I totally neglected my opportunity here. *sigh*

Surprised you didn't bump this earlier.

But then again, what's with the live-in ish. If he likes it then he should put a ring on it!

:P

Maybe there's hope for some of us, after all.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I totally neglected my opportunity here. *sigh*

Yes, this was also to bring some hope to some of you out there that keep getting told that "long distance never works" or "give up on him/her"....

And yes...the ring....will come:silly:

Archived