Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the number one E.S. Ramsey Fan?

footballhenry

After reading some posts from some who claim to be the number one Ramsey fan, I object. I mean, how can we determine whose the number one Ramsey fan here? His pic is my signature and I do think he is going to be a probowler. In fact I would even dare to say the man has serious potential to be the next Brett Favre, all in due time of course. Come on, anyway to settle it?:)

I still consider myself a big Ramsey fan. I wouldn't go so far as being a "supporter" though... in arguing he should play no matter what. Right now, I still believe he gives us the best chance to win.... and I think he will improve. In fact, I think he should have 2 FULL YEARS (including this year) to see what he can do with this offence. And luckily, his contract will allow him to do so.

Ramsey is a decent quarterback right now. He has room to improve though.

I don't like writing off players after 8 games. I like to give them around 37 games before I write a quarterback off. They say it takes a QB 3 years on average to master an offence. Heck, McNair was a late bloomer. McNabb was horrible in the West Coast and made plays from nothing before he became comfortable last year.

Vick, a former #1 overall, is STILL learning the quarterback position as opposed to his athleticism.

Drew Brees took 3 years to develop. Chad Pennington took 3-4 years to develop.

How many teams did Delhomme play for before getting his chance in Carolina?

Carson Palmer was Ramsey-like in his 2nd season last year. Another former 1st overall.

The Peyton Mannings don't come every day.

too much homeism in this site, gettin me to get pissed at redskins. how can anyone be a ramsey fan with all the great QBs in the league? what he he done for u? lead u to a best record of 6-10? even the ****ty kyle boller got 9-7 without jamal lewis and no ones pretending hes all great. I dont like Boller or Ramsy, they are both pieces of ****. If Ramsy was a rookie i could understand but hes been playin for a couple years, both are the 2 worst QBs in the NFL

too much homeism in this site, gettin me to get pissed at redskins. how can anyone be a ramsey fan with all the great QBs in the league? what he he done for u? lead u to a best record of 6-10? even the ****ty kyle boller got 9-7 without jamal lewis and no ones pretending hes all great. I dont like Boller or Ramsy, they are both pieces of ****. If Ramsy was a rookie i could understand but hes been playin for a couple years, both are the 2 worst QBs in the NFL

your kidding right , your DEFENSE !!! got your team to 9 and 7 ,not Boller !!! :rolleyes:

How 'bout penciling in Brunell for a lion's share of those losses please??

I still consider myself a big Ramsey fan. I wouldn't go so far as being a "supporter" though... in arguing he should play no matter what. Right now, I still believe he gives us the best chance to win.... and I think he will improve. In fact, I think he should have 2 FULL YEARS (including this year) to see what he can do with this offence. And luckily, his contract will allow him to do so.

Ramsey is a decent quarterback right now. He has room to improve though.

I don't like writing off players after 8 games. I like to give them around 37 games before I write a quarterback off. They say it takes a QB 3 years on average to master an offence. Heck, McNair was a late bloomer. McNabb was horrible in the West Coast and made plays from nothing before he became comfortable last year.

Vick, a former #1 overall, is STILL learning the quarterback position as opposed to his athleticism.

Drew Brees took 3 years to develop. Chad Pennington took 3-4 years to develop.

How many teams did Delhomme play for before getting his chance in Carolina?

Carson Palmer was Ramsey-like in his 2nd season last year. Another former 1st overall.

The Peyton Mannings don't come every day.

Couldn't have said it any better than what DieHard did in this post. There are alot of armchair coaches/GM's here with itchy trigger fingers. Let's wait until the "bullets start flying" and then see if Ramsey continues to progress or regress.

I myself will be pulling for Pat. I still think the guy can prove his worth as a starter in this league.:2cents:

I've always been a big Ramsey fan because he has a big heart and an even bigger arm. I think if he can get his mind right, he can be a very good QB. He has to prove that Gibbs suspicisions were wrong....

If Ramsey throws for 29 Touchdowns and 15 Interceptions, he'll be the Golden Boy of Washington Redskins Football, and I bet he'll stay around for another year or two.

If he throws 20 Touchdowns and 17 Interceptions, he's pretty average, and might stick around.

If he throws throws more interceptions than TD's, we're going to be waiting on J.Campbell to come off the bench.

I believe Ramsey is very capable of the first scenario if he's stays ON the whole time. :helmet:

Hard to beat my signature... ;)

If you took his last 9 games and matched them to other good QB's starting stats you'll see he's doing better or as well.. People just like to pick during preseason do the microwave style patience and ignorance of history.

jbooma. He's just in the closet.

:laugh:

I agree with what DH said, however I feel we have to count what he has already done in part of his first 37 games. I understand how QB's need to learn the system and it takes time, but Ramsey still is making the same mistakes he was early on, and that is what scares me.

As for biggest fan I would have to say Ghost as well, they way he talks about Ramsey you would think he was his agent :D

Well, although I have predicted that Patrick will have a Pro Bowl year, I don't know if that makes me a f-a-n. I am more inclined to agree with Die Hard and the reasoning behind his post.

I love Patrick Ramsey's attitude. He is always positive. And always eager to learn more.

For many of you, your mistake is to compare Patrick....right now...to Brett Favre or Peyton Manning or someone else going to the H.O.F.

Patrick is getting BETTER...not WORSE. When I evaluate him, I look at the limited experience he has, his track record of playing with crappy receivers, and crappy offensive lines and crappy systems....all combined with a very limited number of fully played games. Heck, even this pre season, Patrick has only played 2 first halves....and already he should be benched according to some of you experts.

Ramsey is a slow learner...but a good student. If Gibbs will stick with him then we will have a QB who is MORE than average...perhaps even the poor man's Brett Favre. But only after he gets another years experience. Even after 3 years, his total on field experience may only be worth about ONE full year of starter experience after having been confused by Spurrier and that college mumbo jumbo, and after having been sacked and hit and jolted about 70 times.

Plus, the Skins aren't going to throw, throw, throw in regular season. Gibbs is forcing Patrick to throw much more now. They are just trying to let Patrick get use to his new receivers. When Portis is healthy and the regular season starts, I expect Portis and Betts to combine for about 35 carries per game. And then when the defenses creep up, Patrick will have his shots downfield. When the Skins get ahead.... ball control and running will be the game plan....every time.

Lets give Patrick more than 4 quarters...FOUR quarters....1 single game.... of playing with his new receivers before we execute him.

I loved the look on his face after making that TD to James Thrash against the Bengals last pre-season game, kinda like gettting the monkey off his back. He has a long way to go, he's been in the system for a while now, and has been a QB in the NFL longer. No excuses now, but I believe he has the potential to be a really good QB in the NFL, unfortunately I don't see him with us next year.

Archived