Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the number one E.S. Ramsey Fan?

footballhenry

I am a fan of Ramsey's heart and the cannon arm that he possesses. He made an admirer out of me when he relieved Wuerffel and played admirably in his first NFL action against the Titans, a contest that I was priveliged to have attended. I was enthralled with his potential and within weeks, purchased my first of two Ramsey jerseys that I currently own.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I believe that if Ramsey is going to have success and reach his potential as a qb, it will be in another uniform.

I say this as a result of the short term investment Gibbs had made with the acquisition of Brunell, as well as the long term choice of drafting Campbell.

Fellow members, we all have our opinions on PR, however IMHO anyone that either doesn't remember the nasty pounding he took as a result of the ol ball coach and his lack of pass protection or chooses to not think that plays a part in his development doesn't know football. I would be willing to bet that even the GREAT PAYTON MANNING would be messed up if he took the beating that PR has taken. It is going to take some time to undo all that Spurrier did to PR. I think he will be a GREAT QB either here or somewhere else. GIVE HIM TIME, we all know he has the tools he just needs to get back the confidence he lost in those nasty beatings he took.

I'm the opposite of some people here...I'm not so much of a Ramsey "fan" (although I think he's certainly the type of individual you want on your team) as I am a Ramsey supporter. I have a pretty utilitarian approach to players, and I think you go with what will get the job done, not sentiment. On that level, right or wrong, I am a very strong Ramsey supporter. I think they should have never brought in Brunell last year, I think Ramsey should have started from day one, and I think he should be the unquestioned starter this season and next, at which point you evaluate signing him to a long term deal. The team invested a first-round draft pick in him, and so far his performance has been FAR FAR better than anyone seems to want to give him credit for, under the worst possible circumstances. He's shown he has the physical skills to be a top-5 QB easily, he is not easily rattled (although he's finally starting to get there after all the abuse he's absorbed from opposing teams and fans), and he apparently has a solid work ethic. So the only remaining possibility that could sink him is that he's flat-out DUMB. Considering he graduated from college with (I think) a double major in accounting and finance, with (I think) a high GPA, that can't be it. What it all tells me is he needs to be in a good system with a good coach, and have some time to really settle in, which is something he has not had YET in his career.

I give Gibbs a break on misreading the situation last year since it was his first year back, he didn't know what he had, and he wanted a proven veteran to put in there for the first year, but it was a mistake. Ramsey was already the starter, and he should have stayed there. Now we get into a second Gibbs season, and he still has to settle in and settle down. I still have NO IDEA why they made the move they did to draft Campbell.

As for the fans...unfortunately a large portion are totallly clueless when it comes to the game of football, and have taken on the personality of the owner...wild mood swings based on incomplete information and no sense of context. Demanding to win now while having no clue what a winning team actually looks like, and consequently shooting yourself in the foot over and over again.

I can't guarantee Ramsey will succeed, but if he doesn't, to put it bluntly, we're screwed. We'll have to hope there's a really good free agent available next year, or Gibbs II may end without ever having reached the playoffs.

too much homeism in this site, gettin me to get pissed at redskins. how can anyone be a ramsey fan with all the great QBs in the league? what he he done for u? lead u to a best record of 6-10? even the ****ty kyle boller got 9-7 without jamal lewis and no ones pretending hes all great. I dont like Boller or Ramsy, they are both pieces of ****. If Ramsy was a rookie i could understand but hes been playin for a couple years, both are the 2 worst QBs in the NFL

RayLewis, that's foolish. You can take your attempt to instigate elsewhere. Of course people can be a Ramsey fan with other great QBs in the league. That's why we're fans. Your statement is akin to saying, "damn, the Ravens were pretty bad this year, and there were so many other great teams in the league. I won't be a Ravens fan anymore on that basis."

It's hard to tell who's just one of the many blind homers who will support whoever Gibbs supports and who's actually a Ramsey fan.

Please lighten up, mookie, I grow tired of your schtick. I make it my plan to support whomever Gibbs supports. Are you calling me a blind homer, because if you are, you are wrong. Why? Because I know for a fact that Gibbs knows more about the game than I do, and more about the team than I do, and he'll make decisions accordingly. And -- since I assume you're still harping on the Brunell issue after 9 months -- I open my eyes enough to realize that there are more factors at work than just one player. The Coach of the team realizes that.

I'm probably a fan, but not just 'cuz I'm some kind of homer, but he caught my eye before we drafted him. So I hoped and screamed on KFFL at the time for us to draft him, in the hope that Snyder or some crony would read the posts.

Then he actually WAS drafted by the Skins. What's even cooler is that Dan Snyder was the one who went after him. Maybe he did see those posts ;) I just wanted him to get the opportunity that Harrington and Carr got. Now that he's in a real NFL system, I just want him to get that shot with Gibbs.

So, while others are more 'enthusiastic' I've been there since BEFORE he was drafted by us. Not because I think he's cool or smart or a good guy, but because I see something in him. Though they are different players, I got that same feeling about Tom Brady, watching him at Michigan.

You can be a great fan of PR and still be objective. Whoever wrote PR brought us to a 6-10 record has his facts way screwed up. Patrick did not even get on the field until the 8th game of the season right? Maybe it was the 9th. And he did very well when he came on the field. He had one INT in his first 3 starts, which actually is normal for a good QB. One INT every 3-4 games, from the stats I have reviewed.

If you are a Skins fan you can be objective about PR's performance thus far, and in so doing, be rightfully concerned. I am not sure we do him any good making excuses for him OR beating him up unmercifully. I think if Burnell were as super as everyone thinks Gibbs would have gone to him already this year. The bottom line is Burnell was and is a mistake IMO.

And the people on this board that want to just shove Jason Campbell in there are really not great fans IMO. You would want the guy groomed properly by one of the best coaches to ever hit a sideline, our one only JG. And you would care enough about Jason's development based upon what you saw happen to Ramsey, to want to protect our future.

So I am supporting PR now and until the end of the line. Whether that is 80 games or 8 games from now. But I will never support putting JC out on the field as a rookie to get the crap pounded out of him.

I'm not %100 thrilled with Ramsey, but at the moment he is our #1 Qb so he gets my full support. I will not boo any of our players no matter how much they suck. I was embarrassed as a fan of the Skins when that happened during the Bengals game.

too much homeism in this site, gettin me to get pissed at redskins. how can anyone be a ramsey fan with all the great QBs in the league? what he he done for u? lead u to a best record of 6-10? even the ****ty kyle boller got 9-7 without jamal lewis and no ones pretending hes all great. I dont like Boller or Ramsy, they are both pieces of ****. If Ramsy was a rookie i could understand but hes been playin for a couple years, both are the 2 worst QBs in the NFL

Ramsey has done about as much for us as your highschool english teacher has done for you.

holy cow...this may really be RayLewis...you need to chill before you have to endure another long trial :laugh:

Archived