Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

$ 2.41 a gallon...............

Pete

Ok, someone here is getting rich, it certainly its not the comsumer, Is it the Saudi's ?. I received an e-mail about 2 months ago to stop going to mobil/exxon because they were the biggest chain so that we could force them to lower their prices and we would see the other companies follow. However that did not work.

$2.39, stafford 2 days ago that I filled up.

Originally posted by Pete

I feel bad for those large vehicle owners.

Why? I'd like an suv but didn't want to pay for the gas. It's not like those who own a suv is unaware of the fuel costs associated with ownership.

That being said, this is not going to change. You can drill Alaska all you want, you will see little relief. We can't even import more cause we don't have the refineries.

Know the feeling it pays to have best friends on most of the bases here who "borrow" the Navigator now and then and happen to have gas cards.

But hey whats the big deal?

I always heard liberals say how unfair it is that we pay so little compared to Europe.

Unless we start drilling offshore and in alaska as well as get serious about oil from other resources, building more refineries and yeah put pressure on automakers to make fuel efficient cars so you guys can leave more inexpensive gas for the SUV brotherhood, it going to get worse.

Well we could force China and India to not buy cars and become as industrial as the west is. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pete

I feel bad for those large vehicle owners.

I don't. What did these people expect?

Also, I'm so glad we gave the oil companies tax breaks in the latest energy bill. They really needed it. :rolleyes: Along with the fact that it will do nothing to decrease prices or increase CAFE standards.

You can place wagers on if gas will top $3 by the end of the year.

http://www1.pinnaclesports.com/guestcontestLines.asp?redirected=yes&ContestType=Gas%20Prices

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Maybe if it keeps going up, our government and American car makers will get serious about looking into alternate sources to fuel motor vehicles.

$2.55 here for the "cheap stuff"

Only problem is car companies are making out well car are being sold higher every year...GM and ford have seen increases as well...It may be too late for alternative sources now because we have become so damn dependent, it will take decades maybe even half a century for us to feel the effect...i may be dead by then lol.

-Grant

Originally posted by chomerics

Great rant and spot on. Just to add more "fuel to the fire" pardon the pun . . .

So WHY is the output lower??? Read between the lines and see what is going on.

This is reality. We are being porked by the people in power. Does it suprise anyone that Bush and Co.'s largest supporters are making money hand over fist? $7Billion in the first quarter of 05', while we are paying through the a$$ :wtf:

This is a LARGE scale porking of the American people, similar to the Enron-Claifornia screwing a few years ago. You only have to open your eyes and be aware of the situation, know the personalities of the people in power, know their track record, watch what they have done previously and make an educated judgement. This is what is going on, IMHO.

At the local Phillips 66 89 oct mid-grade went up 2 cents a gallon on Tuesday to 2.459. Friday it went up 8 cents more to 2.539. Exxon mid-grade (don't know the oct rating) is at 2.579.

I'd expect nothing less from the oil-drenched Grand Oil Party?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CAV111A.html

The Bush administration's ties to oil and gas are as deep as an offshore well. President George W. Bush's family has been running oil companies since 1950. Vice President Dick Cheney spent the late '90s as CEO of Halliburton, the world's largest oil services company. National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice sat on the board of Chevron, which graced a tanker with her name (she was also a director of Exxon). Commerce Secretary Donald Evans was the CEO of Tom Brown Inc. -- a natural gas company with fields in Texas, Colorado and Wyoming -- for more than a decade.

The links don't end with personnel. The bin Laden family and other members of Saudi Arabia's oil-wealthy elite have contributed mightily to several Bush family ventures, even as the American energy industry helped put Bush in office. Of the top 10 lifetime contributors to George W.'s war chests, six either come from the oil business or have ties to it, according the Center for Public Integrity.

"There's no denying that this is an oil administration," says Peter Eisner, managing director of the nonprofit, nonpartisan watchdog group that conducted the study of Bush's campaign finances. "You can't talk about the career of any George Bush -- father or son -- without talking about oil."

The fusion of oil and politics is a Bush family tradition. For generations, the Bushes and their friends have been shuttling back and forth between energy industry boardrooms and Washington's hallowed halls.

Over here in Oz, we use the metric system, and therefore have litres as opposed to gallons.

Roughly, 1 gallon = 4 litres (convert gallon to litre - multiply by 4.5), and as we are paying $1.20 per LITRE, that roughs out to approx $4.80 per GALLON.

However, AU$1.00 is approx US$0.76.

Up to $2.68 for the cheap stuff now....ugh. I kind of have a system set to where if I only drive to work/class on the weekdays, I have enough gas to go 1 or 2 places on the weekend(the first being the sportsbar today to watch the Skins game), and end up only having to fill up ONCE a week, but that means sticking to a tight system.

Originally posted by hokie4redskins

I thought the war was for oil..........

:rolleyes:

Just because oil companies get more of it doesn't mean they are going to lower the price. If market value says a certain price, they aren't going to just lower it for the good of the people. Didn't we all learn anything from those snakes at Enron?

I'd like to see more drilling, more refineries, and fewer gasoline formulas.

All that mindlessness about going to war for oil -- you'd think if we did that, we'd be getting cheaper oil. Well, perhaps it's time we made it about oil. Any thoughts?

(edit) Oh yes, in San Angelo TX I'm paying about $2.40 for premium, and about the same for diesel.

Archived