Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Drivers?

Spaceman Spiff

Who are the worst drivers out there? I thought about this and I'm gonna have to go with Marylanders after seeing one stop at a green light for three seconds. I honked my horn after being patient, only to receive a middle finger, like it was my fault the moron didn't go after the light turned.

Thats just one of the many times I've seen a Marylander be a dunce on the road.

So have at it, who's the worst? I also included an "other" for all you people who aren't living in the area.

I've driven in a few states in my day, if they aren't the worst then they are trying to be here in this land of the Salt. I learned how to drive in D.C. and the surrounding area, where instead of defensive driving it was offensive driving. Here it's just, well, offensive. :)

Well as far as the DC Metro Area is concerned. Northern Va drivers are the worst.

Watch the news sometimes. There is an accident on 66, The Toll Road, or around Spaghetti Junction every single day, regardless of the weather.

The biggest problem I think is that NOVA has a few more decent communities than the MD suburbs within 20 Minutes.

Now let me explain.

A good amount of people that live in the DC area are transplants, same as other major cities, NY, Chicago, LA, Etc. Now with all of these transplants most people only know one or two routes to take to their destination, thus the same few roads are backed up day in and day out. Mixed in with the more aggresive Metro DC natives, makes it all the more dangerous.

Now I lived in Boston for 2 years, the only time there was major traffic on the highways...Friday Night. Crazy ? Well it is people coming into town from RI and CT to party in Boston, meaning they only know typically one route. Boston is one city where almost every other person you meet is FROM Boston. In Charlotte so many roads go to the same destination that you would be hard pressed to get lost going anywhere.

Worst State of Drivers...Florida. Just too many seniors.

Worst Drivers IMO, Women in a Truck/SUV or vehicle that costs more than 50k.

When my Mom drove a Chevette, Beetle, Golf, she was one of the best drivers. Now that she owns a 745...Terrible.

And I wont even get to the idiots on their cellphones.

cab drivers in dc. they take a should be illegal stimulant called "khat" (pronounced Cot) to work long hours... not a safe practice.

oh, and anyone driving out of adams morgan at 2:30am. It'sall drunk drivers.

And you got the finger b.c. its rude to blare on your horn. Why don't you flash your highs and not be a jerk?

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

cab drivers in dc. they take a should be illegal stimulant called "khat" (pronounced Cot) to work long hours... not a safe practice.

oh, and anyone driving out of adams morgan at 2:30am. It'sall drunk drivers.

And you got the finger b.c. its rude to blare on your horn. Why don't you flash your highs and not be a jerk?

Not being rude ran out after 3 seconds. Sometimes people are oblivious to high beams being flashed. The horn never fails.

I was able to completely remove my horn (just the relay actually) from my car down here (had to do it because my alarm drives me friggin NUTS - always goes off) because it is night and day different than driving in DC. There is no need for a horn down here. Seriously. People are polite and cautious about 85% of the time. Stark contrast to DC.

I grew up fairly close to downtown and experienced 20 years of retarded driving there. NYC, Boston and LA are horrible places to drive because people are a*sholes, but nothing compares to the sheer stupidity of drivers in the DC area. Blowing stop signs, slamming on their brakes for no reason, pulling into oncoming traffic.

Yeah. I had a problem with it. :paranoid:

By far NOVA drivers are the worst. I will concur with that.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Fine with me, I just think it's funny that they get all mad like I did something wrong.

Use your gun next time. ;)

But I agree with you here. I've had more than one conversation about Maryland drivers. A friend of mine proposed that they should have to pass a more advanced driver's test to be allowed into DC. I think it's a great idea.

If we're talking this area, then Maryland drivers by-far. I can't count how many times I've been on the Toll Road or the Beltway going 70 with the flow of traffic, only to see someone with MD plates going about 15-20mph faster, swerving in-and-out from lane-to-lane.

Nick

Virginia has a higher asian populations, so....Virginia.

If we're talking this area, then Maryland drivers by-far. I can't count how many times I've been on the Toll Road or the Beltway going 70 with the flow of traffic, only to see someone with MD plates going about 15-20mph faster, swerving in-and-out from lane-to-lane.

Trying to get away from you all as quickly as possible...

I knew this topic was familiar :)

One of my first polls

Originally posted by dviands

pennsylvania.

whenever i'm stuck behind someone going 57 in the fast lane of i-81 or i-70, it's almost always a keystone stater.

That's funny because here in Pa, I'm always stuck behind a Marylander, Virginian or West Virginian driving slow in the hammer lane. More Marylanders but I see all three states.

The worst drivers though are truckers. I HATE TRUCKERS!!!

Archived