Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good is Rabach?

skinshog

Originally posted by skinshog

I was wondering what everyone thought of this guy and if they think he can honestly make a big impact this year. I don't know much about him myself, so any insight would be appreciated.

We'll see after he's tutored by Bugel !!!

i was wondering the same thing. Seemed like only last season was his first as a full time starter. He also played guard a lot. That is a good thing and a bad thing, he can add versatility, but also is not as experienced at center. I am hoping he pans out for us, but with his versatility, that shouldnt be a problem.

Usually a good indicator is how the other team's fans feel about losing him. For example, we lose Pierce and Smooth and people here are not please. We cut Morton and nobody is upset.

From what I remember, a majority of Ravens fans were upset that they let him go. I've never really watched him play, myself.

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

I have our game against B'more on tape, and have watched it over, and over again, and I think this guy is the real deal. All I can say is, when this guy gets his hands on you, he is not letting go.

Thats good to hear, because if he pans out, this could be our biggest pick up of the off season IMO

Originally posted by zoony

Good enough for Joe Bugel to arrange for him to be contacted at 12:01 a.m. the day free agency started.

Good enough for Buges... good enough for me. :)

wow, i didn't know they were so prompt.

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

I have our game against B'more on tape, and have watched it over, and over again, and I think this guy is the real deal. All I can say is, when this guy gets his hands on you, he is not letting go.

I hope that's not the case, because that's illegal for an offensive lineman to do...... ;)

Casey Rabach is pretty much the best center ever made. He's got a lot of skills....karate skills, numchuck skills, bo-staff skills....girls like a guy who has a lot of skills.

Jamal Lewis: G GS att yds avg lng TD 20+

2004 Baltimore Ravens 12 12 235 1006 4.3 75 7 5

1000 yards in 12 games? He must have been doing something right; center is the anchor of an o-line. If he was playing weak, Lewis' stats would have definitely suffered.

Leonard Washington: i think he'll be better than raymer, friedman, or moore. we need a center who not only can make all the calls, but actually block somebody--which was the other three's weakness.

ding ding ding!!! exactly and hold his ground and not have the dt in the qb or rb chest as soon as the ball is hiked unlike the last 3-4 centers

I'll say this... I've never watched the Ravens play last year.

But, when the Skins needed to pickup a player in free agency.... the VERY FIRST player they signed was a CENTER.

And I don't believe they've picked up a GUARD this offseason (despite some of the criticism of Dockery during the season).

That, to me, should really tell you what Gibbs and Co. thought was the weakness of the 0-line last year.

Is Rabach THE guy? I don't know. I'm going to remain reserved about the guy until I see him with my own eyes.

But I'd love to see it work out. We could definitely use an anchor in there.

Archived