Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good is Rabach?

skinshog

Originally posted by Mufumonk

Good enough to keep Mike Flemming off the field when he came back from injury.

I think you mean Mike Flynn and I believe when Flynn got healthy last year he moved to guard and big fat Bennie Anderson went to the bench.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Rabach is a stud! He will make the pro-bowl this season, and due to him Portis will run for over 1,750 yds.

Rabach is not just a stud, he's a god! Now that we have him Portis will run for at least 2,600 yards and the team will have over 4,000 rushing yards this year, including 450 yards rushing in the Superbowl! All things are possible in the off-season.

Originally posted by jrockster77

I hope that's not the case, because that's illegal for an offensive lineman to do...... ;)

Only if caught !!

Casey Rabach is pretty much the best center ever made. He's got a lot of skills....karate skills, numchuck skills, bo-staff skills....girls like a guy who has a lot of skills.

And ironmic seems to like a guy with a lot of skills also. :laugh: :laugh:

I hope that's not the case, because that's illegal for an offensive lineman to do...... ;)

Casey Rabach is pretty much the best center ever made. He's got a lot of skills....karate skills, numchuck skills, bo-staff skills....girls like a guy who has a lot of skills.

:notworthy VERY NICE!

I just hope he doesn't continually get his large tallons caught in the LBs pads. If that happens, he will make all our dreams come true :D !

Originally posted by Sonny Joe Hog

Rabach is not just a stud, he's a god! Now that we have him Portis will run for at least 2,600 yards and the team will have over 4,000 rushing yards this year, including 450 yards rushing in the Superbowl! All things are possible in the off-season.

Except, the guy you're responding to had a very reasonable prediction of Portis for 1,750 yards and your reply is one that suggests that's an outrageously high number, impossible to achieve. Why do you think that?

Originally posted by Art

Except, the guy you're responding to had a very reasonable prediction of Portis for 1,750 yards and your reply is one that suggests that's an outrageously high number, impossible to achieve. Why do you think that?

It's not impossible but how can anyone judge how many yards the addition of one player to the starting lineup will add to a RB's total? Please don't bring up Jansen because the poster said it would happen because of Rabach. I realize that I was being a smart mouth. My real point (which I should have simply stated) is that we fans tend to be overly optimistic in the off-season which I find to be a bit naive. Let's see what happens.

Originally posted by Sonny Joe Hog

It's not impossible but how can anyone judge how many yards the addition of one player to the starting lineup will add to a RB's total? Please don't bring up Jansen because the poster said it would happen because of Rabach. I realize that I was being a smart mouth. My real point (which I should have simply stated) is that we fans tend to be overly optimistic in the off-season which I find to be a bit naive. Let's see what happens.

I agree that fans tend to be overly optimistic in the offseason, especially Redskin fans of late. However, Rabach is an experinced center, that has shown that he can anchor a line that has paved the way for a 2,000 yrd back. He is very intellagent, has great body control and footwork. Knows how to read defenses and can "slip" of one block to pick up a blitzter, or give help to another linemen in double team situations. He has decent speed (good enough to be a guard) so he can pull along the line as well.

Do I think that Portis will get 2,000 yards? No. I don't think that we will run the ball enough for that (unlike the Ravens, who have no choice but to run). But 1,750 yards? I see no reason why Portis and this offensive line can't accomplish this. Remember, Portis had like 1,600 yards last season.

Originally posted by cphil006

We could play with no guards and we wouldn't see a difference from last year. He is a beast. Fortunatley we will have a guard on both sides of him, so our line will be stout this year...

I think that with the help of Rabach, Dockery is going to have a very good year as well.

I agree that fans tend to be overly optimistic in the offseason, especially Redskin fans of late. However, Rabach is an experinced center, that has shown that he can anchor a line that has paved the way for a 2,000 yrd back. He is very intellagent, has great body control and footwork. Knows how to read defenses and can "slip" of one block to pick up a blitzter, or give help to another linemen in double team situations. He has decent speed (good enough to be a guard) so he can pull along the line as well.

Do I think that Portis will get 2,000 yards? No. I don't think that we will run the ball enough for that (unlike the Ravens, who have no choice but to run). But 1,750 yards? I see no reason why Portis and this offensive line can't accomplish this. Remember, Portis had like 1,600 yards last season.

1,600 yards? He would of been the first back in history to rush for 1,500+ in his first 3 season, which he did not accomplish. I don't think he would of done it even if he didn't get hurt. I think he got 1,315 yards last year and a little less than 250 yards receiving which still doesn't amass to 1,600 yards. Maybe he can acheive 1,750 like you predict.:logo:

Skins were 12th in the league in rushing attempts last season, Portis was 5th in the league in attempts. He had 343 attempts last season, with a 3.8 ypc average. If the new zone blocking scheme improves his ypc back to what he averaged in Denver (5.5) and he carries the ball the same amount of times, he'll have close to 1900 yards (1886.5). 343 is a lot, but assuming he remains healthy and we have more leads, he'll get more attempts. So 2000 yards is very realistic, in my opinion. In fact, if he kept up the pace he had all season, he would have rushed 355 times. If he averages 5.5 ypc, he would have 2,013 yards!

Originally posted by Skins4SB

1,600 yards? He would of been the first back in history to rush for 1,500+ in his first 3 season, which he did not accomplish. I don't think he would of done it even if he didn't get hurt. I think he got 1,315 yards last year and a little less than 250 yards receiving which still doesn't amass to 1,600 yards. Maybe he can acheive 1,750 like you predict.:logo:

You are correct! I'm sorry! My stats were obviously incorrect. However, my point remains that with a true anchor in the middle, and new play calling designed to maximize Portis's running potential I see no reason that Portis can't achieve a 1,750 yard season.

Originally posted by fish

:notworthy VERY NICE!

I just hope he doesn't continually get his large tallons caught in the LBs pads. If that happens, he will make all our dreams come true :D !

If Rabach truly dominates, I'm sure Bugel will catch him a delicious Bass as a reward.

You are correct! I'm sorry! My stats were obviously incorrect. However, my point remains that with a true anchor in the middle, and new play calling designed to maximize Portis's running potential I see no reason that Portis can't achieve a 1,750 yard season.

I agree. Another thing must happen for this to seem even more reasonable. The passing game needs to open up, and with Rabach anchoring the line, hopefully that will mean Ramsey will have more time to make smart choices.

Archived