Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wrong with Alex Smith?

NoVaSkins21

56 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Serious question.  Is there any outcome today that would not result in the trashing of Alex Smith by our usual suspects?

By usual suspects, you mean literally everyone outside of you, bobandweave, and maybe a half dozen others on earth?

This Bucs defense is attrocious and their offense let’s it fly.  If winning doesn’t require throwing the ball a lot, I’ll be shocked.  

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dalton went 21-34 for 280 and 2 tds against the Bucs. If Alex can get close to that with all the new faces, it would be a superb performance.

That would be ok. I'd like for him to have a slightly higher completion % (because that is what he's known for), but that would be fine. I don't think he has that kind of day, however.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

By usual suspects, you mean literally everyone outside of you, bobandweave, and maybe a half dozen others on earth?

This Bucs defense is attrocious and their offense let’s it fly.  If winning doesn’t require throwing the ball a lot, I’ll be shocked.  

More atrocious than the probably voodoo-cursed Vikings defense that sacked Matt Stafford last week?!?

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

More atrocious than the probably voodoo-cursed Vikings defense that sacked Matt Stafford last week?!?

Actually that Vikings D is coming around, along with the running game.  Which sucks for those of you that all the sudden have angst for them.  Although their schedule is a B, you’ve always got that to look forward to.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Serious question.  Is there any outcome today that would not result in the trashing of Alex Smith by our usual suspects?

Serious answer is No. when you look behind the curtain to see why so many fans are down on the guy you will undoubtedly find that the majority is still pissed about losing the previous QB. One game won’t change that hell one season isn’t gonna change that for most of them.

No reason to point out things like lack of turnovers, the false sense that the last guy hadn’t done things Alex did, the comparison between stats, the draft pick coming back, the massive injuries on that side of the ball, the lack of playmakers on that side of the ball or anything. Minds have been made up about this that won’t change. No matter what happens today.

4 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Try and keep it in perspective today.

@adamlevitan: Redskins without their starting LT, LG, RG, outside WR, slot WR and pass-catching RB today.

m.twitter.com/adamlevitan

How many NFL QBs dealing with this could be successful?

Yes with that amount of injuries to key people and positions, any QB and offense would have their backs against the wall.

Though, sometimes, when you expect the least, that is when you get the most.

And sometimes expectations are met and you do get the least. :)

We'll see what happens today. Hopefully the former and not the latter.

Always get a chuckle out of folks firmly entrenched in their position that have the audacity to call out the opposition for being firm in theirs.  

Also, serious question:

Is there anything Alex can do today that will make the few suspects cave and admit deep down, they know dude stinks, but just won’t admit it publicly?

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Always get a chuckle out of folks firmly entrenched in their position that have the audacity to call out the opposition for being firm in theirs.  

Also, serious question:

Is there anything Alex can do today that will make the few suspects cave and admit deep down, they know dude stinks, but just won’t admit it publicly?

Hey kettle I’m black. Chuckles or are my eyes not opened enough today in this 30 degree Texas weather to see you post my name above calling me out first?

Anyway I will play with you. Yes if Alex goes out there and throws a bunch of picks and loses the game for them then I will admit that. Shouldn’t come off as a surprise to anyone because since day one I’ve said if I was wrong I would admit it

So far with the change there are positives to take away from Alex vs the last guy

1. Less turnovers from the position

2. More wins over NFC East teams

3. Teams in first place

4. More cohesive side of the ball

5. No drama about what happens next season

I could go on but we both know you ain’t listening

Also, I’d just like to say that given everything I’ve seen of the Bucs D & heard from the team and beat reporters, I believe the Redskins can win today, by passing it.  I’m starting Jordan Reed for the final time this season before I call it quits.  I think we’ll be able to run it okay, enough to open up playaction.  However I don’t see any opportunities this juicy left on the schedule, as far as having succes through the air.

26 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

35-48 with 425 yards, 4 td's and a pick.

36-50 with 422 yards, 3 td's and no picks

In other words, he could look like a good NFL QB having a good day.

Spoiler: Those are Kirk's statlines from his tie against the Packers and loss to the Rams this year.

15 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

@adamlevitan: Redskins without their starting LT, LG, RG, outside WR, slot WR and pass-catching RB today.

m.twitter.com/adamlevitan

How many NFL QBs dealing with this could be successful?

Certainly not Alex Smith.

7 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Serious answer is No. when you look behind the curtain to see why so many fans are down on the guy you will undoubtedly find that the majority is still pissed about losing the previous QB. One game won’t change that hell one season isn’t gonna change that for most of them.

No reason to point out things like lack of turnovers, the false sense that the last guy hadn’t done things Alex did, the comparison between stats, the draft pick coming back, the massive injuries on that side of the ball, the lack of playmakers on that side of the ball or anything. Minds have been made up about this that won’t change. No matter what happens today.

At least Morneblade had the fortitude to answer the question.  Although, 425 yds and 4 tds seems a bit silly. 

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Anyway I will play with you. Yes if Alex goes out there and throws a bunch of picks and loses the game for them then I will admit that. Shouldn’t come off as a surprise to anyone because since day one I’ve said if I was wrong I would admit it

So if he simply doesn’t create offense against this porous defense, that’s still okay with you. ? 

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Hey kettle I’m black. Chuckles or are my eyes not opened enough today in this 30 degree Texas weather to see you post my name above calling me out first?

Saying and doing are 2 different things. Most of us would be surprised.

4 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

The "last guy" had less play makers on that side of the ball and more injuries on the entire team, including his only two play makers (Reed and CT) out most of the year, never mind a worse MASH unit protecting him up front, yet still put up better numbers than Alex when he had a full healthy squad, and you have the audacity to try to call out others for having "false sense" and "having their minds made up"?  Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Although, 425 yds and 4 tds seems a bit silly. 

Considering that in 171 NFL games (counting playoffs) Alex Smith has never thrown for 400 yards, yes it would be silly to expect him to do it today.

Kirk has done it five times.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Also, I’d just like to say that given everything I’ve seen of the Bucs D & heard from the team and beat reporters, I believe the Redskins can win today, by passing it.  I’m starting Jordan Reed for the final time this season before I call it quits.  I think we’ll be able to run it okay, enough to open up playaction.  However I don’t see any opportunities this juicy left on the schedule, as far as having succes through the air.

Couple of DFS plays for me

1. Tampa D is cheap AF

2. Mo Harris is cheap AF

I wouldn’t start Reed dude doesn’t look right this year but considering your options at TE could definitely do worse

1 minute ago, Taylor 36 said:

The "last guy" had less play makers on that side of the ball and more injuries on the entire team, including his only two play makers (Reed and CT) out most of the year, never mind a worse MASH unit protecting him up front, yet still put up better numbers than Alex when he had a full healthy squad, and you have the audacity to try to call out others for having "false sense" and "having their minds made up"?  Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. 

Add to that a worse defense and zero running game. B&W is so far from being objective, I don't even bother with him anymore.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m starting Jordan Reed for the final time this season before I call it quits. 

That's funny. I already called it quits on Reed. :ols:

I dropped him this week and picked up Kittle.

So naturally, this will be the week Reed goes off (hopefully).

Archived