Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

^^ I'm excited about our young DBs, Danny Johnson and Adonis Alexander.  I think our DB unit could be surprising this year.

Have this funny feeling we are going to end up liking this secondary, and it won't be because of Josh Norman. Call it a hunch, but I think Gray is a special coach and some of these youngins are going to step up at corner. Far more concerned with the discipline of our safeties and the depth behind them if I had to pick something to worry about.

2 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Have this funny feeling we are going to end up liking this secondary, and it won't be because of Josh Norman. Call it a hunch, but I think Gray is a special coach and some of these youngins are going to step up at corner. Far more concerned with the discipline of our safeties and the depth behind them if I had to pick something to worry about.

I agree that Norman is past his prime but he's still a hard nosed defender who can be a playmaker.  I wouldn't want anyone else out there leading these younger guys, I think he's going to teach them a lot.

1 minute ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Call it a hunch, but I think Gray is a special coach

Is it premature to say he'll end up a DC soon.

I hope it ends up being here, because I think Manusky's ceiling is average or not much above average.

And that would hurt to see some other team benefit greatly, first from McVay, and then from Gray, while we remain average.

18 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Surprised we cut Martrell Spaight.  He played well with the seconds.

No more Martrell Spaight pregame speeches. :(

Seriously there was one I used to watch before Redskins regular season games to get me pumped.  Where he talks about the difference between war and peace.  Solid player too. smh

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

^^ I'm excited about our young DBs, Danny Johnson and Adonis Alexander.  I think our DB unit could be surprising this year.

I want to be excited about Adonis.  I just don't really have a reason to be excited about Adonis. :(

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Seriously there was one I used to watch before Redskins regular season games to get me pumped.  Where he talks about the difference between war and peace.  Solid player too. smh

I want to be excited about Adonis.  I just don't really have a reason to be excited about Adonis. :(

What you say about Adonis is EXACTLY how I felt about Spaight. Like he would occasionally show something like a POW tackle, but he looked lost last year. Interesting that he, Vigil, and JHC were playing LB last year for us down the stretch, and he's the one that got replaced. 

8 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Give him time. He's only been with the team since when? Mid-July?

He is kind of behind the rest of the team in a way. I think he'll come along.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You want a third QB on the roster?...

Yes to develop. Unless somehow we can sneak him on the PS. I think he’s worth a roster spot. 

Espically since we we already have Chris Thompson insurance on the PS already. Webb would be a weekly inactive but I think Gruden can work with him for sure. 

11 hours ago, Vanguard said:

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Same reason you and everyone got excited about Anthony Mix.

Found a clean highlight video. Kid has potential and I don't think I ever heard anyone call Mix anything other than tall...

3 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Give him time. He's only been with the team since when? Mid-July?

He is kind of behind the rest of the team in a way. I think he'll come along.

He was ranked really high. Corner is difficult to transition, He may end up as a Safety...He was a project, glad to see He made the first step. 

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm sorry. I assumed you were aware of that old joke.

Tall is not something that really gets me excited about corners. Don't really like them tiny (Green was an exception) but if I fall for any measurables in a corner, it would likely be speed.

10 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I wish I was as excited about the secondary as a lot of you folks are, but it looks pretty suspect to me. I would have gone after a FS and a starting CB in FA. We might be ok if the front 7 is lights out, but if it's not, I see that group being in trouble.

We did go after a CB in free agency (Scandrick). We cut him because the young guys gave the team confidence in their play in training camp.  As for the FS, yeah, I'm with you on that one. I think the front 7 will be ok.

6 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

We did go after a CB in free agency (Scandrick). We cut him because the young guys gave the team confidence in their play in training camp.  As for the FS, yeah, I'm with you on that one. I think the front 7 will be ok.

Ok, maybe I should have been more specific. When I said "starting" I meant "good". Because Scandick sucks. ;)

6 hours ago, Morneblade said:

I wish I was as excited about the secondary as a lot of you folks are, but it looks pretty suspect to me. I would have gone after a FS and a starting CB in FA. We might be ok if the front 7 is lights out, but if it's not, I see that group being in trouble.

The corners and safeties only as good as the DL. 

16 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

The corners and safeties only as good as the DL. 

Yep, if the DL is getting pressure and sacks, that helps the secondary do their job. Especially a young secondary.

However, if the DL can't get pressure, the opposing QB has time and eventually somebody is going to get open, no matter how good the secondary is.

Hopefully, the DL is as good as its promise.

Archived