Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 1, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins released the following players:

RB Kapri Bibbs

DL Phil Taylor, Sr.

WR Brian Quick

C Demetrius Rhaney

The Redskins waived the following players:

DB Fish Smithson

DB Kenny Ladler

DB Prince Charles Iworah

DB Quin Blanding

DB Ranthony Texada

T John Kling

T Kendall Calhoun

T Timon Parris

T T.J. Clemmings

WR Daniel Williams III

WR Darvin Kidsey

WR Simmie Cobbs, Jr.

WR Shay Fields

LB Cassanova McKinzy

LB Dadi Nicolas

LB Jerod Fernandez

LB Martrell Spaight

LB Pete Robertson

LB Vontae Diggs

QB Connor Jessop

QB Kevin Hogan

TE J.P. Holtz

TE Garrett Hudson

TE Matt Flanagan

G Isaiah Williams

G Kyle Kalis

NT Ondre Pipkins

DE Dante Sawyer

RB De'Veon Smith

DT JoJo Wicker

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

G Tyler Catalina`

The Redskins placed the following player on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list:

DE Stacy McGee

The Redskins placed the following player on the Active/Non-Football Injury list:

DB Joshua Holsey

With the moves, the Redskins’ active roster now stands at 53 players.

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

So at this point they have 5 rbs, so I'm assuming they thought marshall would get scooped and/or he is close to returning.  Also only four safeties, 4 olb, and 2 QBs.  I think only 6 dlinemen?  I was happy to see sdh make it.  Hopefully we add a solid guard soon

All those numbers are pretty much expected except for the five RB.  They never really acquired anyone besides those 4 OLB, they only dress five DL and frequently put some LBs hands in the dirt, CB is far more important numbers wise for the various specialty formations on DB

3 minutes ago, carex said:

All those numbers are pretty much expected except for the five RB.  They never really acquired anyone besides those 4 OLB, they only dress five DL and frequently put some LBs hands in the dirt, CB is far more important numbers wise for the various specialty formations on DB

I'm not surprised and I agree with most of the decisions, but you never know with this team. I still don't understand Kelley over Bibbs, but I'm not surprised either. 

Not only is cb a premium position, but our current roster makeup had a lot to do with it.  3 rookie cbs, all late round or udfa, and it would be hard to give up on any of those individuals so soon.

Casey Dunn has been my guy since we signed him. I referenced watching Daron Payne vs Auburn game. 

He he showed very well. He’s a little older for a rookie (soon to be 24) but he is sneaky strong and will surprise. 

If if we claim a inside line I’m guessing Bergstrom is gone. At least I’m hoping ?

Hail

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

They've probably got more than a few waiver claims submitted, so when they get one of those, it's going to change this roster slightly.  

it's.... possible.  But the guys they might cut loose either played REALLY well or are in positions they don't want to let go of.  At CB from the way people are talking I'm figuring Danny Johnson is the fourth CB.  That leaves two draft picks, one a supplemental pick who  didn't have much camp time.  Guys the Skins want to develop

I have a feeling that unless there is a big upgrade in some of these spot things aren't changing.  Maybe Casey Dunn loses his spot

UPDATED

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 1, 2018

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins released the following players:

RB Kapri Bibbs

DE Phil Taylor, Sr.

WR Brian Quick

C Demetrius Rhaney

The Redskins waived the following players:

DB Quin Blanding

T Kendall Calhoun

T T.J. Clemmings

WR Simmie Cobbs, Jr.

LB Vontae Diggs

LB Jerod Fernandez

WR Shay Fields

TE Matt Flanagan

QB Kevin Hogan

TE J.P. Holtz

TE Garrett Hudson

DB Prince Charles Iworah

QB Connor Jessop

G Kyle Kalis

WR Darvin Kidsey

T John Kling

DB Kenny Ladler

LB Cassanova McKinzy

LB Dadi Nicolas

T Timon Parris

NT Ondre Pipkins

LB Pete Robertson

DE Dante Sawyer

RB De'Veon Smith

DB Fish Smithson

LB Martrell Spaight

DB Ranthony Texada

DT JoJo Wicker

WR Daniel Williams III

G Isaiah Williams

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

G Tyler Catalina`

The Redskins placed the following player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

DE Stacy McGee

The Redskins placed the following player on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list:

cleardot.gif

DB Joshua Holsey

With the moves, the Redskins’ active roster now stands at 53 players.

Anyone know the maths well enough to state where we are on the 53 count? 

49 minutes ago, superozman said:

My hopeful was Robert Davis.  I think uninjured, he would have made the team.  However, hoping these guys can step it up!

The one silver lining here is, the injury to Davis gives a spot to Cam Sims that he otherwise wouldn't have received. 

32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw on twitter that Gruden spoke tonight for 5 minutes and said Marshall is heading to IR. 

So i guess no backup to Thompson at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'd rather have him on the 53 than the PS.

AP has 2 backups.

CT has no backups.

They've never carried a backup for CT. Don't expect them to start now. 

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'd rather have him on the 53 than the PS.

AP has 2 backups.

CT has no backups.

and next season I don't see us carrying Guise, Kelley and Perine, so Kelley an Perine are basically getting a one year reprieve and we can do it all again

13 minutes ago, carex said:

Gruden had actually said they'd like to so it seemed reasonable

I think it's really possible that they get Bibbs on the PS, and then elevate him to the 53 almost immediately after they IR Marshall.  I don't know if they can do both of those things at the same time.  They can't outright say this, but they could have told Bibbs, "we're waiving you now so we can get Marshall to IR, then we'll re-sign you." 

Though, honestly, if I was Bibbs, I would consider all other options, because you could pull somebody off of IR, or he'd definitely be in competition next year with Marshall. 

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Though, honestly, if I was Bibbs, I would consider all other options, because you could pull somebody off of IR, or he'd definitely be in competition next year with Marshall. 

I don’t know...being one snap away from PT behind an injury prone player like CT isn’t that bad of a spot to be in. No better way to prove your worth to your current team (or potential future team) then to get regular season PT. 

Archived