Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh I have plans...just wait... 

The Yankees pitching has been pretty great all postseason save for a couple blips. The bats are there and go off eventually it’s just a matter of if their pitching could keep it close until then. 

Still, the entire team is playing above themselves right now though so I hope they don’t come back to reality for about another week and half 

That's the thing about the MLB playoffs.  It's not necessarily the best team that wins, it's the team that can get hot at the right time.  If the World Series was a couple months back, the Indians would skate right through it.  Now they don't even get out of the first round.

19 hours ago, DM72 said:

I just read something I totally agree with. These last few games at Yankee Stadium, the Astros hitters have looked very Oriole-esque. Impatient at-bats and continually coming up small in big moments.

****ing Orioles.  I love em, but they just kill me.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'll say it every year. MLB needs a hard salary cap like the NFL.

Opening day payrolls 2017.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/heres-every-mlb-teams-opening-day-payroll-for-2017/

Hmm who are the top 2 again? Oh and the Dodgers started with a 20% higher payroll than the #2 highest team? Ridiculous.

That Yankees salary includes $21 mil still being paid to Arod and about another $15 mil to other players not even on the team. 

Also, how did 4-7 do on that list? It really doesn’t mean much. Yankees have exactly 1 WS since they started “buying championships” after the 01 WS loss. 

Cleveland was the best team in baseball and they are 17th. 

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'll say it every year. MLB needs a hard salary cap like the NFL.

Opening day payrolls 2017.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/heres-every-mlb-teams-opening-day-payroll-for-2017/

Hmm who are the top 2 again? Oh and the Dodgers started with a 20% higher payroll than the #2 highest team? Ridiculous.

Everyone wants to point at how the Dodgers and Yankees are winning with low-paid players like Ballinger, Judge,  etc.

However, they also swallow contracts like Arod, Gonzalez, Crawford, and are able to go out and still add like they did at the trade deadline.

Those contracts alone cripple thr vast majority of teams.

Alex Cora to manage the Sox.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21116419/boston-red-sox-tab-alex-cora-47th-manager-club-history

Now that the Yankees are out of the Series, I don't care who wins but I hope this doesn't prove to be a distraction for the Astros.  Doesn't seem like it will be.  

Alex Cora seems like a good guy.  That said, I hope he fails miserably.  **** the Sox.

Who's left for the Nats?

Archived