Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

COD WW2 - Its happening!!!

Springfield

I think they should go more minimalist for this iteration. The formulas has become extremely convoluted with all the pick systems, perks, bonuses, jetpacks, etc. They need to simplify things. CoD WaW was great, and I think they should adopt a similar formula. I haven't played CoD in 4 years though, so they better nail this if they want to reel me back in.

5 hours ago, codeorama said:

So not true... There's the lay prone on the ground strategy and the crouch around a corner strategy...

World At War and Black Ops 1 are my 2 favorite CoD games.  I still play WaW on Xbox one from time to time. The weapons are classic, there's no crazy sights etc.. 

Because of Destiny, (and my scuf controller), I"m actually enjoying infinite warfare a little more than I did when it first came out.  I like the jumping around and what not.  

I will definitely give WW2 a try.  I really wanted to like Battlefield 1 more, but while its a beautiful game, I just can't get into it as much as I want to for whatever reason.  

You need to play BF1 with a crew that knows what they are doing.  And pretty much play Conquest.  Otherwise it's boring or frustrating.  Chew and his wife usually run every MWF at 9:00 pm EST.  That's who you need to roll with as all of us (by us I mean entire crew that runs with them in whatever combination) are objective whores and we usually win the match along with our squad being 1-5 (or close to it) ranked when we finish the game.

32 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You need to play BF1 with a crew that knows what they are doing.  And pretty much play Conquest.  Otherwise it's boring or frustrating.  Chew and his wife usually run every MWF at 9:00 pm EST.  That's who you need to roll with as all of us (by us I mean entire crew that runs with them in whatever combination) are objective whores and we usually win the match along with our squad being 1-5 (or close to it) ranked when we finish the game.

I'd be down to play anytime. you guys can help me to appreciate the game.  Its beautiful for sure, I just haven't enjoyed playing alone.

About to watch the reveal. Evidently, the hype is real, so many people are saying this game will be huge because there is no jumping around and jet packs etc...

I bet it sells huge, but I bet it won't be as popular with the younger gamers.  Most of my students were not impressed with Modern Warfare remastered. Said it was boring. They like the jumping, jet pack stuff. 

I'm happy, I like the jumping and all, but I also like more realistic games.  We shall see what happens.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:30 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

As a Medic, Your Boy Chew is currently 4th in the United States out of 2.6 million on Battlefield 1, but only self-absorbed, attention whores keep track of stuff like that.... ;)

cfead469_Screenshot_20170426-123333.jpeg

That trailer is gorgeous, but I need to see multiplayer footage.  Either way, back to boots on the ground has me excited.  

9 minutes ago, youngchew said:

As a Medic, Your Boy Chew is currently 4th in the United States out of 2.6 million on Battlefield 1, but only self-absorbed, attention whores keep track of stuff like that.... ;)

cfead469_Screenshot_20170426-123333.jpeg

That trailer is gorgeous, but I need to see multiplayer footage.  Either way, back to boots on the ground has me excited.  

That's awesome. I need you to give me some lessons...!

19 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I was mostly joking, but, it seems as if most people never bother with the campaign... I loved BO1 and WaW's campaign as well as Modern Warfare.  They were great.

Same here.  I still enjoy a good campaign story.  BO1 was a blast, so was MW2.

So, a couple things I've read re: multiplayer.

There will be an HQ where up to 48 players can interact before matches.

Its supposed to be true to period, so no more stupid camos, etc.

There will apparently be 3 classes, infantry, airborne and heavy.

Multiplayer is supposed to appear at this years E3.

9 hours ago, codeorama said:

I knew they'd hype up the reveal and not even show any multiplayer... who actually plays a CoD campaign anyway...

CoD 1 and 2 has some of the best single player campaigns for their time.  Still worth a play if you can get them cheap.  I picked up MW2 and the campaign sucked.  Haven't played CoD since.  Though admittedly, I haven't been really been into MP for a while.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:20 PM, codeorama said:

I knew they'd hype up the reveal and not even show any multiplayer... who actually plays a CoD campaign anyway...

I play it once.  Maybe twice, just to get a feel for the controls, the weapons and how spot things.

That said, this trailer looks awesome despite the fact that it's cut scenes.  

Doesn't look like they're gonna mess this up.

And I agree.  Boots on the ground, real weapons.  Some decent perks but nothing too ridiculous.  

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Boots on the ground, real weapons.  Some decent perks but nothing too ridiculous.  

Yep, the old school perks.  Simple stuff.  reload a little quicker, run a little faster, spring a little longer.  You know, human stuff LOL.  No more playing as robots with jetpacks and invisibility cloaks.  :rolleyes:

COD is coming home.  :beavisnbutthead:

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

My prediction:

Game is going to be slower (compared to the jet pack bs) and people will complain.  Because people complain.  About everything.

I"ve said this as well... 99% of my students hate MW remastered. Too boring and slow. They want to jump around and all.

There was an easy solution I think Sledgehammer is missing.

Have a boots on the ground WaW type of game with updated graphics, new maps etc... 

Have a Nazi Wunderwaffe mode where you have reimagined Nazi Wonder Weapons, jet packs, double jump etc... 

You please both sets of fans.  Options are always best.

Yeah there is a real chance this backfires for them because people have gotten so used to the faster paced, wall running etc of recent games. This didn't impact Battlefield when it went to WW1 because the gameplay didn't dramatically slow down from BF 3-4. 

The same thing happened with Halo. Modern shooters became faster paced so Halo had to adapt as well. Going back and playing Halo 2-3 multiplayer now feels like you are crawling uphill in through quicksand. 

I'm curious to see how this goes. 

Archived