Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's organize a protest at/near Redskins Park - I mean, we have nothing to lose!

kgor93

Protesting the team, because of media reports before free agency has officially started?

Because we didn't resign expensive wide receivers? Because we drafted their replacements already?

Sounds reasonable.

Common sense and simple math. Use it.

We aren't trading Cousins.

Pierre Garcon isn't worth 16 million dollars next year. Not to us.

Desean Jackson isn't worth 12 million dollars next year. Not to us.

Was Chris Baker even that good? Not to us, apparently.

You can't fix our defense when you pay 80% of your salary cap to offense.

Back to my simple math statement.

$16 million plus $12 million is $28 million. That would give us umm.... about $7 million to sign every other player we plan to sign.

But you guys are right. Let's protest the team, because they didn't sign two over 30 wide receivers for $28 million next year.

Let's protest the team, based on conflicting media reports during the time that news stories are intentionally leaked to misdirect everyone.

All you "fans" threatening to turn your fan cards in, based on hearsay and conjecture, turn them in.

You won't be missed and my season tickets will get closer to the 50!

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I'm all for voicing displeasure to the powers that be about current events, but expending the effort to stand out there physically protesting the football team is where I draw the line on "how much do I REALLY care".

Absolutely this. All the serious **** going on and I'm spending time and resources protesting a ****ing sports team? Never that son. I plan on having kids one day. I'd like to be able to look them in the eyes and not feel like an asshole. And to top it off we're talking about the DC area, where there's a never ending list of ways to get involved in other matters. Yeah...no. And to be honest, I almost want to say shame on you to anyone who does choose to make THIS their protest. Perspective please. 

17 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

$16 million plus $12 million is $28 million. That would give us umm.... about $7 million to sign every other player we plan to sign.

What's up with Redskins fans not understanding NFL contracts?

Garcon will get $16M cash up front, but not $16M AAV.  We could have given him that same $16M up front and had 1/3 or less of it count against the cap this year.

Jackson... we could give him $12M AAV and still have less than $12M count against the cap this year.

If Pierre Garcon is getting paid $16 million his first year, where do you think that money comes from? Half from the salary cap and half "under the table"?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pierre-garcon-expected-to-sign-with-49ers-will-reportedly-make-16-million-in-year-1/amp/

I guess you're right, and I don't understand what "front loading contracts, because you have a lot of cap space" means.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

This is the best way to get your message to Dan.

I was one of the guys still in the stadium! That was an epic day

40 minutes ago, ChampSkinsFan said:

Not to get off subject but going to that game was one of the worst decisions I've ever made lol. I will be boycotting the team no next season. No Games No Merchandise.

eegads, it's like a disease today.  Please remove the pic from the quote! It's against the rules, and it's a good rule!

12 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

I guess you're right, and I don't understand what "front loading contracts, because you have a lot of cap space" means.

Did you even read the entire article you linked to?

"That first-year salary is likely a bit misleading, though. Garcon almost certainly will not approach a $16 million average annual value. The 49ers can afford to front-load the contract because they have a ton of cap space."

The 49ers cap situation lets them count all $16M as salary if they want to.  We could give Garcon the same amount immediately, except most of it would be signing bonus, where we can spread the cap hit over several years.  From the player's point of view, there is no difference between the year 1 salary and the signing bonus.

3 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Protesting the team, because of media reports before free agency has officially started?

Because we didn't resign expensive wide receivers? Because we drafted their replacements already?

Sounds reasonable.

But you guys are right. Let's protest the team, because they didn't sign two over 30 wide receivers for $28 million next year.

Let's protest the team, based on conflicting media reports during the time that news stories are intentionally leaked to misdirect everyone.

All you "fans" threatening to turn your fan cards in, based on hearsay and conjecture, turn them in.

I totally agree, everyone is going overboard with this.

I'm fine with getting rid of Djax and Garcon based on the contracts they signed with their new teams.

I think San Fran made a horribly stupid decision giving Garcon that much money, wait until next season and we will see how happy he is.

I think the Bucs overpaying makes more sense since they have a true #1 WR who will carry the load so all Djax will need to do is catch a few balls a game and be the deep threat, he's a side piece not a main attraction.

45 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Sounds reasonable.

You are missing the main plot of the movie.  It's not about Desean Jackson and Garcon -- that's just an annoying sidebar for the moment but agree that part could easily be offset in the near future.   The main plot for most is returning to the old days where a non personnel/non scouting guy (who coincidentally is considered by many as the yes man to Danny) is running personnel.   That hasn't worked well during the Danny regime.  In 2015, we were told that is finally changing and here comes a new era...

Rich Tandler Retweeted Eric Bickel

Yep. With Vinny, there was never any hope. Giving fans hope in Scot and then yanking it away is far, far worse.

Rich Tandler added,

Eric BickelVerified account @EBJunkies
dont think ive ever seen the fan base this riled up this might be rock bottom

Maybe the media reports are wrong about Scot and Bruce.  They really like each other and everything is fine.  Kirk is very happy and poised to sign a contract any day.   There is plenty of smoke on the Scot and Kirk front to be concerned.  If worse case people are jumping the gun and Scot is back at the helm and everything is great and Kirk signs a long term contract on Sunday -- cool but what is there to lose?    

I am going with hyperbole to make a point: if the idea is worse case let the Titanic crash into the iceberg before worrying about a crash that might never come -- I disagree.  There is plenty of smoke on Scot, plenty of smoke on Kirk.  Plenty to be worried about.   If some in your face prodding gets the point home that there is unrest with the fans -- and Bruce please resolve this-- I don't think it hurts.

1 hour ago, ChampSkinsFan said:

Not to get off subject but going to that game was one of the worst decisions I've ever made lol. I will be boycotting the team no next season. No Games No Merchandise.

Welcome. Ive been doing that since 2013. Griffin jersey was the last thing i bought (it was from China....but i still consider that contributing)

12 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

There is certainly a difference in getting $16 million that first year, and getting it spread out in three years.

He gets the full $16M the first year, cash.  We get to spread the cap impact over the entire life of the contract.

Every post you make is further proof of my claim that you, like most Redskins fans, are clueless about how NFL contracts work.

57 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Sounds reasonable.

No, it is because of the general ineptitude and chaos of what is going on in the front office. It, once again with the redskins, is not about football, but about drama and front office bull****. If i wanted to watch that garbage, I would turn on the ****ing Kardashians. Its free agency and we are all wondering wtf is going on with our GM, who is fighting with who, are we even trying to keep our QB? WTF is going on? Anyone that says they know is a liar because Snyder and Allen dont even know what the **** is happening, as usual.

have you been watching since Snyder took over? What is different today than back in 1999? Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder have definitely not earned the benefit of the doubt. There has been no stability since 1999. We finally have it after 2 years and what do they do? Play games with the first qb we have had since 1991 who has been worth a damn. Yet, we can pay Josh Norman a ton of money. We can pay so many other players a ton of money, but **** the most important position in sports. We dont want stability there because it will hurt our egos and have to admit we were wrong and the Shanahans were right. That is what it seems like now and that is why there is protesting. Fans want to watch football and talk about football. At least I do. Instead, we are back to bull**** drama and I am over it.

7 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

He gets the full $16M the first year, cash.  We get to spread the cap impact over the entire life of the contract.

Every post you make is further proof of my claim that you, like most Redskins fans, are clueless about how NFL contracts work.

I know how NFL contracts work. I also know how money works. I know Pierre Garcon was given $16 million cash, upfront and we cannot match it.

With Jordan Reed, Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan, Josh Norman, and possibly Kirk Cousins salary all having higher cap numbers, year after year, do you honestly think we were in a position to give two 30 year old receivers, back loaded contracts?

Maybe you are the greatest salary cap projector on this message board!

But with your terrible math, I seriously doubt it!

10 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

No, it is because of the general ineptitude and chaos of what is going on in the front office. It, once again with the redskins, is not about football, but about drama and front office bull****. If i wanted to watch that garbage, I would turn on the ****ing Kardashians. Its free agency and we are all wondering wtf is going on with our GM, who is fighting with who, are we even trying to keep our QB? WTF is going on? Anyone that says they know is a liar because Snyder and Allen dont even know what the **** is happening, as usual.

have you been watching since Snyder took over? What is different today than back in 1999? Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder have definitely not earned the benefit of the doubt. There has been no stability since 1999. We finally have it after 2 years and what do they do? Play games with the first qb we have had since 1991 who has been worth a damn. Yet, we can pay Josh Norman a ton of money. We can pay so many other players a ton of money, but **** the most important position in sports. We dont want stability there because it will hurt our egos and have to admit we were wrong and the Shanahans were right. That is what it seems like now and that is why there is protesting. Fans want to watch football and talk about football. At least I do. Instead, we are back to bull**** drama and I am over it.

And it's your right to protest. I don't think it's reasonable and I do the think you get past the guard at the gate tomorrow.

If you do, and you and 20-30 Redskins fans get on the property, don't you think your presence will put off potential free agent signings?

5 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

And it's your right to protest. I don't think it's reasonable and I do the think you get past the guard at the gate tomorrow.

If you do, and you and 20-30 Redskins fans get on the property, don't you think your presence will put off potential free agent signings?

Oh i would never waste my time physically protesting. I will just stop paying attention. I already stopped buying gear in 2013 and said I wouldnt again until i saw either a double digit winning season or back to back playoff appearances. Now, I will stop giving them ratings and not buy the NFL sunday ticket.

3 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

I know Pierre Garcon was given $16 million cash, upfront and we cannot match it.

Yes, we can.  At least our cap can handle it.  We give him a contract with $15M signing bonus and $1M first year salary.  That is just as good as $16M salary to the player, and our year one cap hit would only be $6M.

Unless you are saying that Snyder's mismanagement means the team doesn't have the cash reserves to pay out a $15M bonus? 

7 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

With Jordan Reed, Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan, Josh Norman, and possibly Kirk Cousins salary all having higher cap numbers, year after year, do you honestly think we were in a position to give two 30 year old receivers, back loaded contracts?

Yes. The cap goes up every year.  We would be fine.  Also, we didn't need to keep both Jackson and Garcon, just one.

Our cap could handle it, but at what cost?

Paying a 33 year old receiver back loaded money, when you have up and coming players that we need to secure, isn't good business.

Crowder. Scherff. Maybe Breeland? Maybe Cravens.

The proof is we didn't pay them. It didn't make sense. You can think it didn't. Our GM until he or she Redskins say he isn't our GM, is still our GM.

Reports are, he already outlined our FA plan. Maybe he is working from home. People do that.

Again, what are people actually protesting against? We didn't fire our GM. We didn't trade Cousins. We are addressing our defensive line. We aren't overpaying aging players. We are actually drafting players and giving them the chance.

I stand by my statement, if you're ready to turn your fan cards in, based on media reports and NOTHING from the team confirming them, then go for it.

I get it. People are upset. This "protest" thing is beyond embarrassing. It's a ****ing joke.

Other than looking foolish, what do you honestly think this will accomplish?  It's just more fuel for the media dumpster fire.

If you really go through with this, even with the best of intentions,  the media is going to twist it and make the protesters look like idiots.  

56 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Our cap could handle it, but at what cost?

Paying a 33 year old receiver back loaded money, when you have up and coming players that we need to secure, isn't good business.

Crowder. Scherff. Maybe Breeland? Maybe Cravens.

The proof is we didn't pay them. It didn't make sense. You can think it didn't. Our GM until he or she Redskins say he isn't our GM, is still our GM.

Reports are, he already outlined our FA plan. Maybe he is working from home. People do that.

Again, what are people actually protesting against? We didn't fire our GM. We didn't trade Cousins. We are addressing our defensive line. We aren't overpaying aging players. We are actually drafting players and giving them the chance.

I stand by my statement, if you're ready to turn your fan cards in, based on media reports and NOTHING from the team confirming them, then go for it.

Agreed.

100-****ing-percent.

5 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

***protest update***

Five people showed up. Can't get anywhere near the facility. 

Way to go! 

Saw some guy brought his kid! It's 35 degrees and raining. Way to endanger your child for something so stupid!

Well, I guess the OP was wrong - there was something to lose here.  It's called your dignity. 

Archived