Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's organize a protest at/near Redskins Park - I mean, we have nothing to lose!

kgor93

I'll start with this I listened closely to the Vinny Cerrato interview on 106.7 just now via their archives.  He was asked how much is Dan influenced from his experience by fan protest.  Vinny's response "quite a bit".  He implied it bothers Dan his sister and his mother when the fans are upset and if its intense there are usually consequences from it.

As for what to protest. I don't think most people I've conversed with are protesting the canning of Scot specifically.  It's the back story to it.  Bruce wanting control and never really ceding it and overruling Scot, etc -- that was no what was promised when Scot was hired.   When Scot was hired the idea was management was finally getting out of the way of the personnel guy.  It looks like that never happened.   We can doubt Scot's side of the story but its the same drum beat by Shanny and everyone else who has been here.  They are all wrong and Danny's right?

As for see ya Kirk, there are plenty of others QBs in the sea.  IMO that's one wild optimistic take of landing franchise QB -- especially directed at Scott Campbell who is now the defacto personnel guy again and has been here for much of the ride of failing to land a QB.  The last big draft for QBs was in 2012 -- and that draft was hit and miss for Qbs.   If Kirk's back, they aren't going to be the worst team in the NFL so they are unlikely landing the top 3 Qbs from the 2018 draft.  So the odds will be running against them.

IMO the way to direct things at Bruce is more future directed.

A.  Hot rumor is that they will replace Scot with a toady from within the organization like Doug Williams or someone else from within.  I love Doug Williams the player but no one talks about him as an elite evaluator.  

B.  IMO the Kirk contract situation is a disaster.  Call me crazy -- but watching this team over two decades try FIVE #1 picks, and two #3 picks and multiple FAs and fail miserably at landing a good QB -- I don't have the faith where its no biggie, the 20th time or whatever it is at this point is the charm.  It seems absurd to me. 

Just now, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I suspect the d lineman where brought here to start, but drafting a couple d lineman in the first two rounds may change my mind on that.  Otherwise they look like the last group of d line FAs we brought in. Probably will be just as effective as they were.

So far Doctson is a no show and who knows about Pryor.  Your point about our receivers leaving in a hurry is valid, but it's very difficult to say we are better at the position at this point.

Never said they are going to be better but they do want to be here and those other 2 guys did not. Better in the red zone pos with their height and jumping ability.I want guys who want to be here. Dollars to do-nuts, I wil be surprised if  they have as good a year as they had here.

Archived