Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Marvel Movie franchise?

Ron78

What is your favorite Marvel Movie franchise?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Marvel Movie franchise?

• Spider Man/The Amazing Spider Man
    • X-men
    • Avengers
    • Iron Man
    • Captain America
    • Thor
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Blade
    • Fantastic Four
    • Hulk/The Incredible Hulk
    • The Punisher
    • Ant-Man
    • Ghost Rider
    • Daredevil
    • Other

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I need to see how the 2nd Guardians of the Galaxy goes, but for me it's Iron Man.  

Did you forget Deadpool on the list of options?

Yes.  Deadpool was an oversight.  To be honest, I thought it was overrated anyway.

It's a shame there is no great Punisher movie. 

Just started (like these past two weeks) to really get info comics for the first time in my life (desperately needed something to keep my sanity. And i just feel gross if i play video games too much.) Started with some Scott Snyder Batman (which I really enjoyed and plan to go back to) and then followed that up with the Punisher (Ennis, mid-aughts version). Halfway through. Love it, love it, love it. Frank Castle is a boss. And i keep wondering why the **** they always bomb the movie versions. Hell i took half a screenwriting class like a decade ago and i could nail that. 

(Second tragedy is DC putting so many of their movie eggs in the Superman basket. Makes no sense why Marvel is so far ahead of them on the movie front. Doing research on what I should read and that thought really stands out to me.) 

Ok enough hijacking...

Single favorite movie? I really enjoyed Ant-man actually. They nailed that. Best franchise though? It's got to be Avengers right? Iron Man is nice too obviously. I remember the first Blade being sick but don't remember much after that. Loved the one Hulk movie but haven't the others sucked? I'm told Fantastic Four was the go to for movie night at Abu Ghraib. Which Spiderman franchise? Been burnt out on X-Men. So on and so forth. 

3 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I agree.  The movies have sucked, but the character is awesome.  They could do a great rated R Punisher movie if they wanted.

Which Spiderman franchise?

Either one...both...

2 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Started with some Scott Snyder Batman (which I really enjoyed and plan to go back to) and then followed that up with the Punisher (Ennis, mid-aughts version).

Pick up Scott Snyder's new All Star Batman. It's high octane bat**** crazy. Also his Death of the Family in the New 52 line should be out as a trade by now. That's the one where Joker has it his face off, similar to what they've just done on Gotham to Jerome.

As far as Garth Ennis, pick up his Preacher runs all available as trades. 

Now, as far as the OP, you ask movies, but you've got some Netflix shows in there. ;) So for as an actual movie franchise, think I'd have to put Cap as 1a with Iron Man as 1b simply because without Iron Man you wouldn't have any of the MCU,though the sequels were both kinda ugh while all of Cap flicks just seemed bigger, grander, & even switching genres, the stories all worked.

None of the Spiderman movies are as good as any of the Russo brothers Captain America movies.  Spiderman 2 is the only one that comes close.  Spiderman 3 was garbage and the two Andrew Garfield ones were crap too.

The MCU movies are interwoven to the extent they can't really be considered independent franchises.  Captain America got the best series of movies of any of the individual characters, but Iron Man, Thor, Dr Strange, and Ant-Man were all good origin movies.  And I am certain that Black Panther will be one of the best films in the canon and I bet Captain Marvel will be good too.

The two Avengers movies are outstanding.  Iron Man 2 and 3 were solid, if a bit forgettable.  Thor 2 was not good.  I think Thor 3 will be though.

The Hulk movies were respectable, but forgettable like the second and third Iron Man movies.  Ang Lee puts his stately touch on the first one, but this kind of movie was just not his wheelhouse.  Odd that, of all characters, he would try and do a Hulk movie.  Leterrier's Hulk was a mess, he's just not a good director.  But I think the movie is made watchable by quality performances from Roth and Norton.

GotG sucked, it is massively overrated.  Painfully predictable and cliche plot and dialogue, obnoxious archetypal characters.  Confused mess of a setting that lifts whole cloth from goofy sci fi classics.  Chris Pratt's performance is the only thing that makes it watchable.  James Gunn is an utter philistine whose never had an original idea before.

The X-Men movies suck too, although First Class is watchable due to excellent performances by Fassbender and McAvoy.

Blade is pure late 90s/early aughts camp--blatant Matrix rip off, except with Vampires.  Those movies suck too.  

The two Punisher movies were not good.  But I don't think the obscure Punisher War Zone was as terrible as it was reputed to be. 

The FF movies are abominations. 

The Ghost Riders are ****ing horrible, easily the worst movies in the canon if not for the most recent FF debacle.

It's almost unbelievable how bad the 2015 Fantastic Four was.  One of the worst movies I've ever seen.  It was so bad, so shabby, that not only was I unable to suspend my disbelief for it, it actually filled me with rage when I watched it.  Rage that anyone could ever think this movie could allow someone to suspend their disbelief.  Rage that anyone could have thought it should be made.  Or released.  It's a travesty that has ruined the chance that Marvel's greatest Silver Age book will ever get a worthy movie adaptation.

Thank God the Captain America and Avengers movies are so good.

All seasons of the Netflix Marvel shows are outstanding.  The first two seasons of Agents of SHIELD are OK.  Poor man's Buffy.  They aren't really my thing, so I stopped watching somewhere during the third season.  I caught an episode of the most recent season and it just seems ridiculous.

I haven't been able to watch Agent Carter yet.  I wonder why it's not available on any streaming service?  That's stupid, I really want to watch it.  ****ing ABC.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is only one right answer. 

SpiderMan in any form is better than all. 

Iron Man 1 was legit great but 2-3 were bad. 

None of of the others havecome close to reaching the peaks that were hit in the Spider-Man franchise 

Wait? With Tobey Maguire??? 

The thing that pisses me off most about the 2015 FF movie is that, knowing it wasn't going to be any good from the get go, it didn't even have the sense to be campy and fun.  It took itself soooo seriously.  It doesn't even have unintentional comedic value.  It has no value.  It's aggressively boring.  It doesn't even have competent visual effects to hang it's hat on.  There is truly no redeeming quality to the movie whatsoever.

I don't understand how a studio can make such a bad movie after casting it with so many really good actors.  How is it possible?

It is so obvious that Fox just **** this movie out of their gangrenous assholes to keep the rights to the franchise from reverting back to Marvel.  It's an affront to everyone whose ever enjoyed a Fantastic Four comic, and if there were any justice in this world, the people responsible for this vile movie would be taken out back and shot and the rights to FF would immediately revert to MCU and ****ing Alejandro Inarritu or someone of that caliber would reboot the damn thing.

I voted for Captain America. Probably the best quality in it's trilogy, and each sequel was better than it's predecessor. 

- All the SpiderMan movies have sucked. All of them. Hopefully Homecoming finally delivers a good one. 

- There are only 3 X-Men movies that are worth watching. X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past. The rest are a mess and typical FOX putting their own completely unnecessary and unwanted spin on already amazing, epic stories. 

- Avengers was probably the best standalone movie Marvel has. Age of Ultron was a disappointment though. Poor Joss Whedon will probably never do a Marvel film again after he was forced to throw in every teaser for future films that meant little to his script and it's editing was a hot mess. 

- Iron Man was great. Iron Man 2 and 3 are just average. 

- Both Thor movies have succeeded in making me fall asleep every time I've tried to watch them. 

- I liked Guardians. Guardians 2 looks to be more fun. Just the first movie isn't enough to compete with Cap trilogy or Avengers. 

- Blade trilogy is pretty mediocre. Best one is Blade 2. 

- Fantastic Four, Punisher, and Daredevil movies have been complete trash which did neither of those characters any justice. 

- you could add the first Hulk film with the group above, but the Norton one was somewhat decent. 

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The thing that pisses me off most about the 2015 FF movie is that, knowing it wasn't going to be any good from the get go, it didn't even have the sense to be campy and fun.  It took itself soooo seriously.  It doesn't even have unintentional comedic value.  It has no value.  It's aggressively boring.  It doesn't even have competent visual effects to hang it's hat on.  There is truly no redeeming quality to the movie whatsoever.

I don't understand how a studio can make such a bad movie after casting it with so many really good actors.  How is it possible?

It is so obvious that Fox just **** this movie out of their gangrenous assholes to keep the rights to the franchise from reverting back to Marvel.  It's an affront to everyone whose ever enjoyed a Fantastic Four comic, and if there were any justice in this world, the people responsible for this vile movie would be taken out back and shot and the rights to FF would immediately revert to MCU and ****ing Alejandro Inarritu or someone of that caliber would reboot the damn thing.

To make it even worse, the fact that they made that steaming pile of **** was probably the tipping point for Disney to force Marvel to kill the  FF comic and utterly destroy the X-Men as we know them. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

- All the SpiderMan movies have sucked. All of them. Hopefully Homecoming finally delivers a good one. 

1-2 were excellent even though they took their liberties with the character and story. 

3 was a massive disappointment and a mess 

TAM 1 was awesome for me because it was very well acted, stuck more to comic SM, added a lot of mystery to the story, had a new villain, the leads had a lot of chemistry and set the series up well. 

TAM2 while not great was still good to me. It tried to do a whole **** ton of things and nearly fell into SM3 ground, but I think the overarching story and actually seeing the Gwen death from the comics was very well done. I really wanted to see where they took SM from there and all the villains they had set up. It had a lot of heart which goes a long way with me. 

Electro/Foxx sucked hard tho. 

9 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Just started (like these past two weeks) to really get info comics for the first time in my life (desperately needed something to keep my sanity. And i just feel gross if i play video games too much.) Started with some Scott Snyder Batman (which I really enjoyed and plan to go back to) and then followed that up with the Punisher (Ennis, mid-aughts version). Halfway through. Love it, love it, love it. Frank Castle is a boss. And i keep wondering why the **** they always bomb the movie versions. Hell i took half a screenwriting class like a decade ago and i could nail that. 

Something we can finally agree on.  I do love the Punisher.  The Thomas Jane version is okay, but that's in direct comparison to the other ones which aren't that good at all.  

Gosh you guys are harsh. The first two Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies were great. They really hearkened back to what Lee and Ditka were trying to do. Very good comedic, campy fun with plenty of good action. The last one suffered from too many characters and too little story.

Captain America is probably the strongest overall, but Avengers was really close. Iron Man 1 was great, but the other two were pretty forgettable. Shame what they did with the Mandarin. If they didn't want to deal with magic they shouldn't have picked a different villain. Doctor Strange started out really strongly. Antman was better than I expected as was GOTG. 

Growing up, FF was one of my favorites They have yet to make a good FF movie. Maybe it needs that 60's and 70's earnest, campy sensability. It seems like an easy movie to make. The thing to remember is that a good FF story is not a superhero story. It's a science fiction morality play. And stop trying to make Doctor Doom Lex Luthor! He's a scientific genius dictator megalomaniac whose diplomatically immune from prosecution!

I really think there should have been a Black Widow movie. Scarlet is obviously a strong enough actress. You could go the superhero route. You could go the James Bond route. There are so many interesting story lines you could attempt and she could pull them off. I think they were afraid to have a super hero movie with a female lead. I think that's outdated and stupid.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Gosh you guys are harsh. The first two Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies were great. They really hearkened back to what Lee and Ditka were trying to do. Very good comedic, campy fun with plenty of good action. The last one suffered from too many characters and too little story.

Captain America is probably the strongest overall, but Avengers was really close. Iron Man 1 was great, but the other two were pretty forgettable. Shame what they did with the Mandarin. If they didn't want to deal with magic they shouldn't have picked a different villain. Doctor Strange started out really strongly. Antman was better than I expected as was GOTG. 

Growing up, FF was one of my favorites They have yet to make a good FF movie. Maybe it needs that 60's and 70's earnest, campy sensability. It seems like an easy movie to make. The thing to remember is that a good FF story is not a superhero story. It's a science fiction morality play. And stop trying to make Doctor Doom Lex Luthor! He's a scientific genius dictator megalomaniac whose diplomatically immune from prosecution!

I really think there should have been a Black Widow movie. Scarlet is obviously a strong enough actress. You could go the superhero route. You could go the James Bond route. There are so many interesting story lines you could attempt and she could pull them off. I think they were afraid to have a super hero movie with a female lead. I think that's outdated and stupid.

I think it's outdated and stupid, too. The Halle Berry Catwoman movie was pretty unwatchable.  I think they're making a Wonder Woman movie.  I know those are DC movies though.  

I think the issue with some of these Marvel movies is that they don't really hold up that well.  I remember seeing the first Spider Man movie in the theatre and thinking it was incredible.  10 years later, it's terrible, I can't believe I liked it at all.  

Well I'm not sure they think they can't pull off a female lead in a superhero movie. They are going to do Captain Marvel, of course. 

I think it has more to do with the Black Widow character itself. Her lack of solo books, no powers or power suits, and they likely think it wouldn't work. Which I feel is a mistake. Enough people have asked for a Black Widow solo film to justify it's creation. It's almost as if they see her on the same level as Hawkeye, and she's way more popular than him. 

I think once May 5th gets here, it'll be Guardians.  Pratt was born to play Star Lord.  Thr group of good guys in that movie is the most likeable of any Marvel joint, IMO.

Captain America series has been strong. 

Archived