Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stranger Things on Netflix

Springfield

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Im not so sure El is dead. In one of the final scenes, Hop is treading through the woods all secretive like, and places some waffles and something else in a bag. I didn't take it as a memorial, but rather she is still alive, or somehow trapped in the Upside Down?

Spoiler

She's definitely not dead from everything I've seen, not quite what I was implying. I just think they mistreated her character (both the characters and the writers). But the fact that she ISN'T dead, and perhaps realizes what she was to everyone, turns her further to 'the dark side' if you will?

Who knows!

Yeah i didnt know if that had been explored yet or not, as ive avoided all trailers (I like surprises).

Your theory is sound though, which could explain why 

Spoiler

Hop would want to keep her existence a secret, and maybe for now, even she doesn't want to be near the boys, out of fear that she might hurt them

On 11/3/2016 at 2:36 PM, btfoom said:

Probably calling your old rotary phone

Hide contents

(or using Christmas Lights to try to get in touch)

For some reason, his light messages to her went unanswered...

tenor.gif

30 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah i didnt know if that had been explored yet or not, as ive avoided all trailers (I like surprises).

Your theory is sound though, which could explain why 

Reveal hidden contents

Hop would want to keep her existence a secret, and maybe for now, even she doesn't want to be near the boys, out of fear that she might hurt them

She's definitely alive. I think that was the point of the last waffles scene. She is living out in the woods somewhere on her own and he somehow knows this and is dropping off her favorite food. She will likely return when the group needs her

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, codeorama said:

Finished season 2 this weekend. Loved it.  There was one episode I didn't care for and to be honest, really couldn't stand the Dustin character. Beyond that, great season.

Spoiler

The one episode i didn't care for is when Eleven went off and joined up with that gang.  I'm betting this is the same episode most people wouldn't like?

Finished it last night, loved it.  I agree, Dustin got annoying this season at certain times but overall it was just as good as the first season for me.  

14 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hide contents

The one episode i didn't care for is when Eleven went off and joined up with that gang.  I'm betting this is the same episode most people wouldn't like?

Finished it last night, loved it.  I agree, Dustin got annoying this season at certain times but overall it was just as good as the first season for me.  

Yep, same episode.  From what I've seen, its getting negative reviews across the internet.  The show creators even took the time to defend it.  I didn't like that episode at all.

2 hours ago, codeorama said:

Yep, same episode.  From what I've seen, its getting negative reviews across the internet.  The show creators even took the time to defend it.  I didn't like that episode at all.

Yeah, that episode kinda sucked.  I mean, I can kinda see why it was necessary but..ehh...wasn't feeling it.  

Finished the show and my thoughts are below.  Spoilers, obviously.  

Spoiler

I thought the first season was a 9/10.  Really, really good show loved the vibe and characters.  All of it.  I thought Season 2 was a 7/10.  Good, not great.  The episode you folks are talking about is one reason, and the other is the ending.  Close the gate?  That's what we've got?  And a looming overlord presence?  I guess I feel like not much changed from episode 1 to episode 9, that's the main gripe.  I also don't like the chemistry between Nancy and Jonathan.  Feels very forced to me.  I did think both Max and Billy were good characters, but I struggle to see what the point of their inclusion is/was.  Max I guess I get but what is the point of Billy?  I plan on eventually watching season 1 through 2 again and then I'll see if I changed my mind...

On 10/30/2017 at 12:05 PM, LLandryistheshiz said:

Anyone watched the 2nd season yet? We just finished the whole thing.

I watched the whole thing last weekend. Couldn't put it down. I think it was definitely better than the first season, and I really enjoyed the first season. I felt they addressed a lot of the complaints they got from the first season very well too. 

10 hours ago, codeorama said:

It seemed to me like a filler episode used to setup a spin-off. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just got caught up on it. Loved it. Might have even been better than the first overall, despite lacking the new and freshness of season 1. 

I enjoyed episode 7 too, The Lost Sister. It never felt right that 11 was the only child experimented on so expanding the world and giving her that connection to another child there made sense. Plus, here she learns to focus her anger to increase her powers which she needs later on. We got to see 11’s humanity in that despite all the horrible things done to her (and her mother) she has a good heart and won’t just murder those responsible. It also gave us one of the best moments of the series:

“There is nothing for you back there. They cannot save you.”

“no, but I can save them.”

(thunderous applause and cheers) 

i dont think it'll be a spin off but I wouldn’t be surprised if they have an eye to a future season where the situation will be bleak and 11 will reach out to 8 again for help. Keeps it from being a deus ex machina since she was introduced and fleshed out here. 

There were some flaws and a lot of unanswered questions but that could be setup again. I didn’t have a big problem with the closing of the hole being the climax since that has been the problem since the beginning of the series. But it’ll apparently always be out there and I don’t know how they can finish everything off and what connection the lab/experiments have had on the upside down and why it all seems to come together at this one town.

I will say the final dance scene is probably one of the sweetest and cutest things I’ve ever seen. I legit cried thru it. Dustin styling his hair like his new hero Steve. Trying to find a partner and ultimately failing and crying on the bleachers when Nancy comes to dance with him. Then Mike all alone until 11 shows up in her little dress. Geez it was just perfect with the songs and everything 

I’m a bit leery about this becoming Netflix’s flagship show now that House or Cards is done.  It’s a great show, don’t get me wrong, but it isn’t epic, it isn’t serious and it doesn’t have any big name actors (who will later turn out to be gay sexual harassers).  It could ruin Netflix like TWD ruined AMC.

I loved season 2, but 9 episodes a year just isn't enough for me.  I need more! 

As for the lost sister episode, I thought that was put in to set the stage for a possible season three plot line.  It didn't just establish the existence of another gifted child, it suggested that Dr. Martin Brenner (aka Papa) is still alive.  

Archived