Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Players don't get carted off for "mild" leg injuries and have the whole team surrounding him while they're down. ACL tears seem to be the most common of the serious leg injuries in the NFL, so that is why I said what I said. And I'm a negative nelly.

Sure they do.  Remember when Desean Jackson got carted off last year against the Colts?  That didn't turn out to be serious.  It's just too early to know. 

But I will concede the video didn't look good at all.

Because fans are usually excited about 1/2 the roster...and multiple guys ALWAYS get hurt in camp...just the way it goes

I thought about that after I posted, but it's the most promising young DB on the team, there's been more excitement about him than a lot of the roster. 

That's what I was thinking.  The back of the knee part gives me some hope it won't be that bad.

If it was the front I would be really concerned, or was holding the back of his ankle (achilles injury). I'm no doctor but usually ACL injuries happen when players jump and land awkwardly, or when the players leg goes in awkward motion on contact.

First unit back on. First snap is an RGIII deep ball to DJax. Complete, but a touch under thrown. #Redskins

Second pass incomplete to Roberts on an inside slant. A little low. #Redskins

Third play, goes through his progressions and releases to Roberts, again on slant. Complete. #Redskins

Fourth play, complete to Reed on an inside seam. Good throw. Good catch. #Redskins

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Getting Galette on the minimum for 2015 with matching rights for 2016 is an awfully good deal for the Redskins. Risk is mitigated.

Okay, just saw this... Vet minimum with matching rights? You kidding me, Scot?

Essentially zero risk, just the possibility of him being a good boy and tricking us into signing him long term... But we can cut him if he so much as looks at someone funny in the locker room. And I think Scot probably already has his mind made up as to how a long term contract would look for him in the future and what he'd be willing to match.

Just an excellent football move. Hope this guy changes his ways.

In the video it's hard to see if his knee gave out, or if he slipped down and his cleat got stuck on the turf.  Just going to hope for the best until I hear something.

It could be a minor injury if his knee twisted if/when his cleat stuck in the ground.  It can feel really bad at first, but be nothing major.

If it was the front I would be really concerned, or was holding the back of his ankle (achilles injury). I'm no doctor but usually ACL injuries happen when players jump and land awkwardly, or when the players leg goes in awkward motion on contact.

I'm no doctor either, but I'm going to diagnose it anyway.  The crystal ball says grade 3 MCL tear, out about 6 weeks. 

BGObsession.com retweeted

A tough day for the #Redskins Breeland. Game suspension and then this injury. @JPughNBC4 w/more tonight on News4

View media \

click on view media to see Breelands injury happen

Aly retweeted

#Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland carted of field with an apparent knee injury, per @john_keim #NFL

CLRNfajWwAAFOl2.jpg

I'm no doctor either, but I'm going to diagnose it anyway.  The crystal ball says grade 3 MCL tear, out about 6 weeks. 

I hope he is only out a few weeks, and be back by week 3 or 4. Could be blessing in disguise though for Amerson, but you never want to see anyone get hurt in the first place let alone your most promising secondary player.

Archived