Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

You guess? YOU GUESS!  :o.

Oh, I'mma DEFO coming home for Christmas this year! Chestnuts roasting on an open fire ..... and then going where the sun don't shine! SIDEWAYS!  :angry:.

BRAT!

Hail. 

Just as long as you bring the Yorkshire pudding...er... Figo with you.  :lol:

This will be an eventful thread if it's England and the US in the final.  This promises to be an epic week!  Hope we both get through!

• Like 1

I don't like the staggered days. One team will have an extra day off. That was my one complaint in the men's cup too. Both semi finals should be on the same day. One starts at 7, the other at 9:30.

Meh, Germany don't do losing semi-finals so it shouldn't be an issue to you guys.  :P.

Hail. 

Meh, Germany don't do losing semi-finals so it shouldn't be an issue to you guys.  :P.

Hail. 

Read in the paper they might be missing one of their key players.  It will be a 1-0 or PK game. Not going to predict who wins, but when 1 meets 2, you never know what's going to happen.

Tomorrow night for the US women's semis.  They have the defense for it.

Would love to see the midfield with Rapinoe and Bryan.  Some distrobution from the 6 was fantastic.  Bryan can also play wider, but she's tremendous from the midfield.  Rapinoe delivering from the left, Bryan from the middle, and Heath from the right and we should be able to get in for some chances.

Anybody watching this game? These girls clashed head to head, opened up some serious gashes in their heads that needed to be glued shut (literally) and naturally left the field... To wash the blood out of their hair before running back in. These girls are savages.

US Women are out there kicking ass. Took on the super offense of Germany and had them playing on their heels most of the game. Going into this game they were known as a defensive minded squad but they just let everyone know, the US women can play any damn way they please.

*Looks in .....

Say's nottin' about the German penalty and the US girl not walking from it. Nor the US penalty that was neither inside the box nor a foul. Two MASSIVE game changing decisions. 

Hopes the Americans will never complain about poor officiating again. 

See y'all Sunday. 

Hail. 

It doesn't matter, it was balance after the Germans basically beat up the US girls without any calls at all. Destino said it himself. I saw it. It was all over twitter. 

The US time and time again got beat up and taken down REPEATEDLY. Watching the game it was like watching the NFL. The receivers started to run their routes and then got bumped and run by the defense. It was very, very physical and nothing was called. They should have called illegal contact like they did in the NFL. There was seriously interference all over the ****ing place. 

For anyone that says soccer isn't physical or that players dive all over the place (this perception still exists today) you need to watch a soccer game because **** these girls bump into each other, take each other down, knee them, shove them into the boards, it's so damn physical. I admire them all for going out there and playing with all that bruising physical activity. 

It doesn't matter ..... 

Behave Ix will yer. 

Both incidents changed the game. The US would of been down a girl for the last 30 some minutes whenever the penalty was. And the US went in front in a tight game from a penalty that never was. It MATTERED!

That said, the Americans thoroughly deserved their win over the 90 minutes. 

Congratulations.

One English girl in the final already. Now for 23 more. See yers Sunday. 

Hail. 

GHH, I don't know if you've forgotten that our women's team used to dominate the sport when it first started and waited for the rest of the world to catch up. Nothing like the men's team. It's not like they're some upstart country. They ARE ranked #2 in the world for a reason. Reason is, they're pretty good. You seem to be dismissing them as "lucky" which is just a load of bull. They are a world power.

Behave Ix will yer.

Both incidents changed the game. The US would of been down a girl for the last 30 some minutes whenever the penalty was. And the US went in front in a tight game from a penalty that never was. It MATTERED!

That said, the Americans thoroughly deserved their win over the 90 minutes.

Congratulations.

One English girl in the final already. Now for 23 more. See yers Sunday.

Hail.

I'm not sure if I agree it was a red on the grounds of an obvious goal scoring opportunity. There was still some work to be done as the player still needed to control the ball and get a shot off before Solo closed down the angle. Definite penalty and I think the yellow was appropriate.

First, that was a foul.  To say otherwise means you were watching another game.  The defender basically stepped in front and blocked the US forward or a body check.  I thought it was in the box, but it was very close.

Second, an argument exists that the US defender should have gotten a red card.  But, I then remembered that Morgan was grabbed and taken down in the box in the first half.  I didn't think it was a foul at the time, but if you allow that, you don't give a red card.

The better team won today.  I have to, for the first time in the tournament, give credit to the US coach.  She put the 11 best players currently playing in the tournament on the field and she put the right players in the right formation to beat the Germans.  I think the coach was determining in prior games who her best 11 were and decided finally to put them on display.  I was critical of her, but I have to give her credit for this game.  Now they need to win just one more.

Lastly, the US has the best athletes of any team in the tournament.  Imagine if Morgan had an extra six months to prepare and play and get that scoring touch back.  She had to spend so much time just getting in shape and such instead of simply playing.  Part of the game, of course, but she can create goals unlike any other player in the tournament.

Finally, I see them playing Japan.  Japan is a team I think the US struggles against as they can't exert their will as Japan has the most technically sound players, are disciplined and seem to just give the US trouble.

Edited by Fred Jones

GHH, I don't know if you've forgotten that our women's team used to dominate the sport when it first started and waited for the rest of the world to catch up. Nothing like the men's team. It's not like they're some upstart country. They ARE ranked #2 in the world for a reason. Reason is, they're pretty good. You seem to be dismissing them as "lucky" which is just a load of bull. They are a world power.

Man do you guys get UBER defensive when it comes to America.

Exactly WHAT baring does the US girls standing have to do with two key officiating decisions having a MAJOR influence on the outcome of the game? You deserved the victory but that doesn't take away from those facts. 

Geez. Over sensitive crowd. 

First, that was a foul.  To say otherwise means you were watching another game.  The defender basically stepped in front and blocked the US forward or a body check.  I thought it was in the box, but it was very close.

From a completely impartial standpoint the German girl had nowhere to go and the US girl was very savvy in running into her and going down. She wasn't 'body checked.' She made the contact her self. Not to mention there was a blatant free kick to Germany on the half way line in the build up but that's neither here nor there to a penalty that never should of been. Watch that agin and ask yourself where the Hell the German girl is supposed to go. 

The US girl played for it and fair play to her. It paid off. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven