Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Tailgate has MOVED!

Huly

Sorry for the late post but Pez and I are working a very crazy schedules the next few weeks.

We are moving the ES Tailgate to the Red Zone. We are in the process of working with the team to make our new experience even better. Plus they are adding a lot of perks for this new lot that we can't pass up!

By doing this we are hoping to get rid of random walk throughs and making it a better experience for all. Last year we had a few tailgates where only the regulars brought food and with so many random non ES folks we ran out of food. We don't want that to continue. We understand that not everyone can bring a food item but will donate money to our ES charity. That is awesome and always accepted.

What we want is a better experience for everyone with more food than any of y'all could ever dream of. We want every ES member to come hang out and enjoy their ES family. That is what this Tailgate was originally created for and the mission of the Tailgate.

While we will miss our old location we can not wait to build memories in our new location.

HTTR!

fedexfield-parking_guide-2015.png

I have full confidence in the decisions made by ES.  Pez and Huly would only want the best for us and for our safety.  I always cover myself and who I bring from the Poconos, donate to the Charities each week, donate to Dale and try to add to whatever travels 4 1/2 hours safely.  I appreciate all they do and the efforts to keep a quality taligate.  HTTR

wredskin... this was a collaborative decision made by a large number of core redskins in addition to our talks with the Redskins... In the long run, we should have a better quality tailgate made up of the ES members, with less passerby moochers. 

Our aim, is ES members, their families and their friends, not anyone who just walks through the E-lot.

I'd like to piggyback, on Pez & Huly's post.

They are the driving force, behind our tailgates, and honest-to-goodness great people. They're overwhelmingly positive, and a pure pleasure to be around. My wife, Fran, and I count ourselves lucky, to be their friends.

That being said, I'm not as nice as them...here's my take on the move, and It ain't as pretty. The opinions are my own.

We want it to be more like the old days, i.e. an ES tailgate, consisting of ES members, family and friends. What happened, over the past couple of years, is that it got out of hand. Did it get too big? Probably. There's even an "Extremeskins Tailgaters" FB page. I think that those members, and their friends, and their "friends of friends" saw that tailgate info, and took it upon themselves to help themselves to the fruits of our labor. ****-tons of people started showing up, and we didn't know most of them. Random vultures would walk through, and help themselves to food and drinks, that the core group worked so hard to provide. We, literally, ran out of food during some of the tailgates. That's not acceptable. We're thinking that relocating to a dedicated tailgating lot, will deter the vultures, and make for a better tailgate.

This isn't our first move. Back in the day, we tailgated at F51. Without going into details, it was decided that we should move, and we did so, to E43. It was great, for many years. It was family. Everyone knew everyone else. Those that didn't, came by, introduced themselves, and became friends. It was a good thing, and it lasted for many year. We had a good run. Everyone stepped up, contributed, and there was plenty to eat, drink and a good time was had by all.

Not sure how, but then it changed. Strangers, random passers-by, started to show up. They helped themselves to our food and drink, and didn't pitch in. Taking advantage of the bar...working the bartender to death with top-shelf drink requests, yet not pitching into the tip jar, (which is used for bar supplies, not for the bartenders remuneration for his time). It was as people read about the ES tailgate, on FB and flash-mobbed us.

By and by, it ended up being a few of us, feeding the masses. It got to the point, where there were more strangers, than friends. Pez jeep got broken into, and charity money stolen. I had a camera stolen. I had magnets stolen. That kind of thing never happened before. The Skins offered us an out, and we're taking it. It's time to reel it back, and make it an ES tailgate, like it was back in the day. The kind where almost everyone was an ES member, or friends and family of ES members, and it was a great way to socialize, eat, drink and discuss our beloved Redskins. We've been broken, over the past couple of years, and it's time to fix what has morphed into an over-large, faceless, soulless, stressful cluster****. That's not what tailgating is about. A small minority of us have been putting forth most of the time, effort, (and money), to make it happen, and we've had enough.

Don't get me wrong...this isn't not going to an "exclusive" tailgate. It's going to be an ES tailgate, for ES members, their friends and family. We're going to chalk a few things up in the "lessons learned" category, and go into this, with reasonable expectations. What we aren't going to do, is bend over,and take it from random vultures, who stroll through and help themselves to the fruits of our labor. That **** is done, and that ship has sailed.

All ES members are welcome. We love to meet fellow Skins fans, and welcome them with open arms, but they are expected to contribute to the tailgate. Recently, we've had to practically beg people to bring food and drink, and the core tailgaters stressed, because so few people posted that they were bringing anything. As a result, we would bring more supplies, but those would run out.

In the past, we never had to ask...everybody did the right thing, and stepped up. Over the past couple of seasons, we've actually ran out of food. **** that! There's no excuse to run out of food, a couple of hours into a tailgate party. It's frustrating, bush-league and embarrassing. It never happened before, it shouldn't have happened recently, and it damn sure isn't going to happen in the future. Understand this: that ship has sailed. No more free lunch. If you participate, you're going to contribute, or you're not welcome and will be told to leave. Period.

We used to ask that people help out. Now, we're going to demand it. It's not too much to ask, that if you're going to eat the delicious food, and drink the top-shelf drinks, that you pitch in. We shouldn't have to ask, but it's come to that. The core group always comes through,(and many others), and now it's time for everyone else to do so.

In the future, there's going to be some changes to the ES tailgate, not drastic, but necessary, so we can all benefit, and to make it the best tailgate at FedEx Field.

Any, and all, suggestions, are greatly appreciated.

Hail!

As a once a year attendee, do what you've gotta do... And thanks for all of your work. Coming from out of town I do what I can to chip in, but I'm pretty sure the change isn't aimed at guys like me. Brought my son to his first game last year and bringing both boys this year, very much looking forward to it!

Must be frustrating to get poached and then have to watch the crap from the last two years.

As a once a year attendee, do what you've gotta do... And thanks for all of your work. Coming from out of town I do what I can to chip in, but I'm pretty sure the change isn't aimed at guys like me. Brought my son to his first game last year and bringing both boys this year, very much looking forward to it!

Must be frustrating to get poached and then have to watch the crap from the last two years.

You are correct, and we're looking forward to having you back!

Sorry for the late post but Pez and I are working a very crazy schedules the next few weeks.

We are moving the ES Tailgate to the Red Zone. We are in the process of working with the team to make our new experience even better. Plus they are adding a lot of perks for this new lot that we can't pass up!

By doing this we are hoping to get rid of random walk throughs and making it a better experience for all. Last year we had a few tailgates where only the regulars brought food and with so many random non ES folks we ran out of food. We don't want that to continue. We understand that not everyone can bring a food item but will donate money to our ES charity. That is awesome and always accepted.

What we want is a better experience for everyone with more food than any of y'all could ever dream of. We want every ES member to come hang out and enjoy their ES family. That is what this Tailgate was originally created for and the mission of the Tailgate.

While we will miss our old location we can not wait to build memories in our new location.

HTTR!

wredskin... this was a collaborative decision made by a large number of core redskins in addition to our talks with the Redskins... In the long run, we should have a better quality tailgate made up of the ES members, with less passerby moochers. 

Our aim, is ES members, their families and their friends, not anyone who just walks through the E-lot.

While I haven't gotten the e-mail from the organization, I was given a heads up earlier in the week.  My tailgate (Orange H-31) will be adversely affected as I've acquired Orange from either trade for my Green or aftermarket to keep tailgating there.  Plus, a number of our regulars also trade or are waved in by the parking staff so it may come to pass that we relocated as well.

So far, the few who have commented are liking Redzone so I anticipated the H-31 "Not Officially Tailgating" Tailgate will move as well.  Much depends on the logistics with regular members but the idea of the extra hour will be the deciding factor.

Knowing ExtremeSkins is making the move tells me that Redzone will be on the fast track to being the premiere tailgating lot and I look forward to connecting with everyone at some point during the season.

That people came to mooch is pretty bad. When I came I always tried to bring at least a couple dozen donuts. I wonder if some see "official board of the Washington Redskins" and don't realize that these Tailgates are just fan driven. They probably don't care.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to swing by and catch a game and hang with all of you this season. HTTR.

BUT WHAT ABOUT PEE HILL?!?!?!?!?!

Lol I was thinking the same thing...iit was so much fun watching the drunk try and make it up that hill....including me.

It's been awhile since I been down to see everyone, hopefully this year I can make it down again.

Lol I was thinking the same thing...iit was so much fun watching the drunk try and make it up that hill....including me.

It's been awhile since I been down to see everyone, hopefully this year I can make it down again.

Get it right folks....it's "PISS VALLEY!"

I'm gonna miss y'all at Redskins Rd. pre dawn.  I guess if I want to listen to RATM at 5:30 am I'll have to bring my own CD.  Darn!

Seriously I wish you all the best - I think you have a great lot there. 

We'll miss you too, Man!

I've never been to an ES tailgate. I'm going to really try this year. Would be fun to meet a lot of you in person...,

No foolin. I assumed most, if not all, of our 5 figure members had experienced ES in 3D. Scratch ESTG from your bucket list in 2015. 

I used to tailgate with the ES crew back when we climbed the hill.  I always met great people there and yes it was a shared food event which back then wasn't a problem because most of us loved to just cook up a bunch of food and would have done that anyway.  Since then I ended up in what is now being called the Redzone.  It's been a great place except when a pile of low life seahag fans showed up, blocked traffic and ignored the police.  

Pez and Huly truly are dedicated and just easy to be around.  I look forward to the ES tailgate moving our way because lately the lot needed a little more life.  I think that you all will enjoy this lot.  We even have our own mini-hill, but hopefully the Skins will add more facilities, at least for the ladies . . . and my brother, who broke both wrists one night coming down the hill.

Pez and Huly one reason that you will like the lot is because when you go into the stadium, assuming that you haven't moved, our seats are a straight shot right through the gate.

Welcome,

John 

Archived