Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Tailgate has MOVED!

Huly

I guess I will tell Mom to start getting in shape for the walk (or give in and ride the handicap shuttle)  :)

Looking forward to making new memories in a new lot. For those of us that travel from out of state for games the ES Tailgate has become a second home.  Maybe once we settle in we can have some contests with other groups to see who makes "best wings" (Pez) or best dessert (Mama Chaos).   Great way to meet other diehard Skins Fans.

Hail

I guess I will tell Mom to start getting in shape for the walk (or give in and ride the handicap shuttle) :)

Looking forward to making new memories in a new lot. For those of us that travel from out of state for games the ES Tailgate has become a second home. Maybe once we settle in we can have some contests with other groups to see who makes "best wings" (Pez) or best dessert (Mama Chaos). Great way to meet other diehard Skins Fans.

Hail

Say hey to Mom!

Is the walk from the Red Zone further from your seats? Depending on where we set up, the tailgate could, ostensibly, be closer to the stadium, than E43.

If I'm reading the map correctly, the Red Zone lot is situated closer to the corner of the end-zone, on the visitors side. Our seats are on the Skins side, in the same end-zone, so it may be a shorter walk for us.

I think Pez & Huly may end up having a longer walk, because their seats are in the opposite corner. If mobility is going to be an issue, for her, you should contact the Skins, and ask how the shuttles work. Might not be an issue for her, given then extra hour they're giving us ;)

Say hey to Mom!

Is the walk from the Red Zone further from your seats? Depending on where we set up, the tailgate could, ostensibly, be closer to the stadium, than E43.

If I'm reading the map correctly, the Red Zone lot is situated closer to the corner of the end-zone, on the visitors side. Our seats are on the Skins side, in the same end-zone, so it may be a shorter walk for us.

I think Pez & Huly may end up having a longer walk, because their seats are in the opposite corner.

I'm reading the map wrong..it's near gate A,so it looks like it'll be a shorter walk for Huly & Pez, and a little longer for us...we're both on Skins side, but in different corners..

This is also near the escalators for those of us in the upper deck.  I am HOPING that the gates (Gate B?) that were used for the AAA tailgate will be open for entrance to the stadium.  It has been my experience that Gate A tends to back up.

We're right under the scoreboard on the player-tunnel end, end-zone.  Looks like this will work out to be a shorter walk for me. B)

My seats are 10 rows above the visitors tunnel ... (someone with a strong enough arm could hit [r]omo coming in and out)

I'm reading the map wrong..it's near gate A,so it looks like it'll be a shorter walk for Huly & Pez, and a little longer for us...we're both on Skins side, but in different corners..

We are in the endzone opposite Pez and Huly so we will save 2 seats on the handicap shuttle for you ;)

I'll do my best to actually bring something edible (instead of cases of beer) to the tailgates this year.

It's rather hard to get my jackass brother to get up and go early enough.

If you're reading this Nate, I still love you.

Any, and everything is greatly appreciated....just toss Nate in the vehicle, with pillow and blanket!

Throwing my 2 cents in...i was part of that long ago original ES group that made the move from F51 to E43. Definitely a family and togetherness vibe throughout the tailgate. I hadn't been there in close to 3-ish years and when i made it back to the ES Tailgate like two years ago or so - WOW i could not believe the difference. Besides the masses of non-familiar faces...one of my favorite things was gone, when you could walk up to someone in the tailgate and introduce yourself to someone by your ExtremeSkins handle. There were many who i considered friends, that i didn't know their real names because all i knew them by was their ES handle! :D

If Pez & Huly are good with this change, then so am I.

HTTR!

Throwing my 2 cents in...i was part of that long ago original ES group that made the move from F51 to E43. Definitely a family and togetherness vibe throughout the tailgate. I hadn't been there in close to 3-ish years and when i made it back to the ES Tailgate like two years ago or so - WOW i could not believe the difference. Besides the masses of non-familiar faces...one of my favorite things was gone, when you could walk up to someone in the tailgate and introduce yourself to someone by your ExtremeSkins handle. There were many who i considered friends, that i didn't know their real names because all i knew them by was their ES handle! :D

If Pez & Huly are good with this change, then so am I.

HTTR!

Exactly!

Kinda like "Cheers", where everyone know your name. ES boardnames were used interchangeably with "real-life" names.

We got away from the ES-centric tailgate, and that's what we need to get back to.

There are no attractive road games.  I think it's either Jets or Pats for me this year. 

Well, I live right outside of Philly so I'm going to that game.  I was thinking of going to the Giants game but honestly I'm not a big fan of attending night games.  The Jets would be a fun game to go to and it's only like a 90 min drive for me.

This from the other thread...

That fence also saw a lot of people hopping it that don't have tickets and really don't have interest in the game but they do have interest in what you may be packing up in your car, a few break ins while we were in that lot over the years.

...has me mildly concerned. 

Well, I live right outside of Philly so I'm going to that game.  I was thinking of going to the Giants game but honestly I'm not a big fan of attending night games.  The Jets would be a fun game to go to and it's only like a 90 min drive for me.

Philly is a game we have on the schedule every year so to me thats not a unique road game.  i usually try to look at non-division games.  

Archived