Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Tailgate has MOVED!

Huly

• 3 weeks later...

Im staying in the E Lot, Pee Hill FTW....:D

Even though the RedZone Lot opens an hour early im sure leaving that lot will be a nightmare.

After the Fan Captain event, last night, some of strolled over there to check it out, with the Skins operations manager,(the the guy that they brought in to help fix the traffic & parking issues). We were scoping out spots for the ES tailgate.

The lot is newly surfaced, and striped. They cut the # of spaces in half, (from 1,400, to 700), and all of the spaces are huge. They're literally twice as wide as normal spots. Plenty big enough for a vehicle, canopy, tables, whatever. The only downside, that was apparent, is that the lot isn't level,so we'll need to get creative, to deal with that.

IMHO, cutting the # of vehiclesnin half, should alleviate the nightmarish exit traffic. Even if it doesn't, most of the core group sticks around for the post-tailgate party anywyay!

If I can figure out how to re-size pics, on my phone, I'll post a pic of the new spaces..

After the Fan Captain event, last night, some of strolled over there to check it out, with the Skins operations manager,(the the guy that they brought in to help fix the traffic & parking issues). We were scoping out spots for the ES tailgate.

The lot is newly surfaced, and striped. They cut the # of spaces in half, (from 1,400, to 700), and all of the spaces are huge. They're literally twice as wide as normal spots. Plenty big enough for a vehicle, canopy, tables, whatever. The only downside, that was apparent, is that the lot isn't level,so we'll need to get creative, to deal with that.

IMHO, cutting the # of vehiclesnin half, should alleviate the nightmarish exit traffic. Even if it doesn't, most of the core group sticks around for the post-tailgate party anywyay!

If I can figure out how to re-size pics, on my phone, I'll post a pic of the new spaces..

Whats the entry and exit to it? Do you have to wrap around the A Green Lot to get to it, if that's the case getting there would be cake but leaving might blow.  I haven't heard many details.

Whats the entry and exit to it? Do you have to wrap around the A Green Lot to get to it, if that's the case getting there would be cake but leaving might blow.  I haven't heard many details.

Should be Sheriff Road, which is actually not a bad exit.  It's one reason we parked and tailgated over there, because we would be taking 301 home.  Heard mentioned earlier either in this thread or another, that could be the entry point as well.

Entrance and exit is off of Sheriff road.

There is no wrapping around any other lots. It's one road in, and one road out.

http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/fedexfield-parking_guide-2015.pdf

While they're encouraging tailgaters to access the entrance  with a right hand turn off of Sheriff, "via Bell Haven Dr", you'll be able to turn left from Sheriff also.  They're not really advertising that, as they think traffic will flow better with everyone turning right.

For those of us who arrive early, ~6:00am, or so, they told us that the entrance road will be open, and should be able to accomodate ~ 125 vehicles, so we can still do our pre-tailgate tailgates.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the pic.....need to find the flattest spot, near shade/grass, and then paint the ES logo on the pavement.  Maybe get a stencil and write Pez & Huly on a space.   :)

We already picked our spot....Dale & I are standing in one of the spots. A group of core ES tailgaters, Pez and Huly included, were part of the group of us that walked around the lot, scoping out spots.

We looked at a few areas, and decided on one. You should note that there are no flat spots, anywhere on the lot, that seemed convenient. The most level spots, were in the middle of the lot. The shady areas, are in the back of the lot, adjacent to a road, and against that tall wooden fence. No one was comfortable with that, given the past history of car break-ins, and it makes for a much longer walk into the stadium.

Details to follow, but I think that our ES family will be happy with the area that we chose.

...also it looks like the spaces are twice as wide and twice as long if that is correct, then they are 4 times the size of a regular spot.

If a regular spot is 5' x 8' = 40 sq ft.

then a tailgate spot is 10'x16' = 160 sq ft.

(.....or is it an optical illusion?).......

...also it looks like the spaces are twice as wide and twice as long if that is correct, then they are 4 times the size of a regular spot.

If a regular spot is 5' x 8' = 40 sq ft.

then a tailgate spot is 10'x16' = 160 sq ft.

(.....or is it an optical illusion?).......

They're definitely twice as wide, and they seemed longer too.

We already figured a couple configurations, involving vehicles, canopies, tables, etc.

The main drawback, and it's not terrible, is that the lot is not level. We're already thinking of ways to offset that such is little wedges or chocks for our tables just to level things a little bit. It's definitely workable

In an email, that Bruce Allen just sent to the season-ticket holders...

"Introduction of the Red Zone parking lot, opening an hour earlier than other stadium lots, with spaces twice as wide. The lot will have pregame entertainment and fun for all ages. Season ticket holders can purchase/exchange parking passes in advance for games they prefer. We have also added more portable restrooms throughout the lots so you can quickly get back to your tailgate!"

Can we see the stadium from the new ES tailgate spot? (I've been in that lot before and remember there being tall trees in the front of the lot blocking a view of the stadium) Because, that may actually depress me if we can't...

Then you may be, somewhat, depressed...

I just logged into the account manager on the website and looked at my completed invoice and for some reason parking is no longer listed on my completed invoice.  This worries me.. :unsure:

Edit: Just called the TO.  They looked up my account and told me that the passes are listed on my account and I will be receiving them with the ticket package.  So yay!

They aren't sure why it disappeared from my invoice on the website.

I just logged into the account manager on the website and looked at my completed invoice and for some reason parking is no longer listed on my completed invoice. This worries me.. :unsure:

Edit: Just called the TO. They looked up my account and told me that the passes are listed on my account and I will be receiving them with the ticket package. So yay!

Did they tell you when they would be mailed?

I just logged into the account manager on the website and looked at my completed invoice and for some reason parking is no longer listed on my completed invoice.  This worries me.. :unsure:

Edit: Just called the TO.  They looked up my account and told me that the passes are listed on my account and I will be receiving them with the ticket package.  So yay!

Yeah, that's happened in past years, too. Must be something to do with the TicketMaster data system the Redskins use. I did the same thing a few years ago and the Ticket office confirmed parking passes were still on my account.

As someone who only visits the tailgate once a year its not to big of a deal from us. My wife and aunt love the experience of hanging with  you guys and gals. It is sad it has come to this point but We completely understand the reasoning behind it. We look forward to visiting a new location this year. Not sure which game but will see you guys and gals then.

Archived