Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

I don't think I'm getting authentic Italian. But dammit, I'll eat it. Guess that makes me an idiot. :D

i'm with ya, pal.  If its all you can eat, I have no problem shoveling endless pasta into my mouth :)

I was being sarcastic, there's an Olive Garden thread somewhere in the Tailgate that had a bunch of people talking about how bad it is/was and how they'd never eat there.

I was being sarcastic, there's an Olive Garden thread somewhere in the Tailgate that had a bunch of people talking about how bad it is/was and how they'd never eat there.

Buncha snobs, I tell ya. If you're going into Olive Garden expecting it to be Carrabba's, you're going about it all wrong.

• Like 2

I had an amusing Olive Garden related moment this weekend.  I was with a group of guys waiting to be seated for a bachelor party dinner at a nice steak place in Alexandria.  One of my wife's sisters was on Facebook raving about being out at Olive Garden with her husband.  I resisted the temptation to reply with a picture of my food ;)

I'm Italian. I know how to cook.

And sometimes I want someone I don't know to deep fry me some chicken and pour some salty tomatoe puree on it.

Not enough to eat their twice a week to get back my $100. But occasionally.

I'm Italian as well. Both my mom and grandmother were really good italian cooks.

Olive Garden is crap IMO. Especially after living in Baltimore and being able to go to Little Italy for some good italian food.

Will I still occastionally eat at OG? Yes. But it is far from my first choice. Wife and I usually go there with her mom since she loves the place. But on nights where the wife and I go out to eat, Olive Garden is no where near the list of places we go.

I dunno, are you factoring in the costs of having a heart attack or some other medical issue in to that?

Haha.

You eat some salad, a breadstick or two, a little of the pasta, the diet beverage of your choice, then push away from the table.  For a buck, plus tip.

Just because it's all-you-can-eat doesn't mean you have to tuck in for a marathon Gorge-Fest.

Haha.

You eat some salad, a breadstick or two, a little of the pasta, the diet beverage of your choice, then push away from the table.  For a buck, plus tip.

Just because it's all-you-can-eat doesn't mean you have to tuck in for a marathon Gorge-Fest.

Come on man, this is America! No one isn't going to go there and not completely pig out.

Haha.

It's unlimited breadsticks and you're only going to have two!? UNLIMITED BREADSTICKS

Somewhat related, I went to Souplantation for the first time in my life last week.  Now that's a good salad bar.  For $11, I could go there for sure and get a good salad on the regular, plus some soup and whatever else.

They key is moderation, as someone said earlier.  All you can eat buffet immediately inspires people to stuff their faces, when really you can stop whenever you want.  Always the hard part in diet.

LOL you mean iceburg lettuce, some onion, cuke, croutons, and tomato with some italian dressing is quality? It's about as cheap of a salad as you could assemble.

Almost always fresh, I've had worse at chain spots... You can mess up salad, wilty lettuce, cheap tomatoes, lack of croutons. It's a decent chain salad with peppers, I like the peps Edited by Bonez3