Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN Washington; Redskins rookie CB Bashaud Breeland busted for marijuana possession

Capt. Kaos

I really don't care if it's Tylenol, milkshake or Marijuana, as long as it's on the league's banned substance list, you don't f@^&@king do it. This dude is not dependable, and the team cannot rely on him as a contributor. Why would you put your livelihood in jeopardy? I just don't get it with these guys. Somebody is willing to pay you insane amount of money to play a GAME, and you don't care to stay clean.

And please stop making excuses for him. Marijuana is not legal in the state of Virginia, Maryland or DC

God bless it. And damn it. I don't understand...

Granted, I've never smoked anything ever, but damn it. I was 22 once, and did some stupid ass things. Drank too much for one.

But I was, even then as a stupid 22 year old, smart enough not to let my bad habits interfere with my career.

I honestly don't care about guys smoking a doobie, but if you're gonna get tested...

Aww, it's just too stupid for words.

Goddamnit

I honestly don't care about guys smoking a doobie, but if you're gonna get tested...

well that's the thing, right?!  he hasn't been tested as of yet on this.. takes 30 days minimum to get it out of your system..  now that the report has come out, the league will test him within the week, i'm sure....  and yeah, goddamnit to hell.....   but as i said earlier, hopefully he learns and will realize his potential, not only from a football standpoint, but from a financial standpoint....

If you want a send a strong  message , drop the kid from the team, period. Hail

I understand you being frustrated BUT this is overreacting a little bit. Imagine if we cut Trent Williams after he tested  positive we'd have a HUGE hole at LT.

He should be punished by being run in the ground at practice and put in the dog house for a few weeks but lets not give up on his special talents just yet. lol

I have to say that it is a disappointment based upon the NFL policy and the fact there will be disciplinary actions, but overall the fact that marijuana is even factored into NFL policy is ridiculous.  In no way is is a PED or a dangerous substance, so why does anyone really care.  In fact there are many medical benefits to NFL players including anxiety and pain relief to start.  I sure hope our country grows up soon and creates a federal reform law.  From other comments from NFL policy makers it sounds like the NFL is ready to do away with marijuana testing sooner rather than later. 

The NFL hands out liver-destroying painkillers like it gets a cut from Big Pharma.  The worst thing that happens to a stoner is he can't make the grade and gets cut.  OTOH, some guys might actually play better high.  During the week, it's got to be less hell on these guys' beat-up bodies than that schedule 2 junk they get.  Still, that does not excuse a guy who is told, point-blank:  you can't do this stuff and if you do, it's going to cost you.  Message to rookies:  play hard for 10 years, save up, invest wisely, and then when you're 32, move to CO or WA and smoke.

The next CBA agreement needs to do something about Marijuana. It's ridiculous people are getting punished in this league for something as harmless as weed. 

You are joking, right?

How do you propose we explain to all the kids that look up to these players as role models that they must wait until they become NFL players before they can smoke dope?!?

ok.. as a former smoker, and from actual studies, it's well known that people that do pot have short term memory issues...  as a fan of the team, i would not want someone that breaks the huddle and goes 'what was that play again?'

Right, that guy gets cut.  However, there could be some Carl Sagan-type CB who plays lights out on weed.  It's probably easier to play on D, esp. if you're an instinctive player.  Not everyone who gets high is drooling fool (i.e., Carl Sagan).

Right, that guy gets cut.  However, there could be some Carl Sagan-type CB who plays lights out on weed.  It's probably easier to play on D, esp. if you're an instinctive player.  Not everyone who gets high is drooling fool (i.e., Carl Sagan).

Sagan was a smoker?  no wonder i relate[d] to him so much... haha

You don't want a bunch of stoned players on the field anymore than you want a bunch of drunk players on the field.

Funny how it always ends up a Weed debate and not about the ability to follow a simple rule. He gets to play a game for a living and possibly earn millions doing it but can't smoke weed, wow how unfair life is. If the only thing standing between the same opportunity and myself was a rule about having to wear Burlap underwear on game day then I'd be the most uncomfortable sob ever seen on TV.#FACT

Archived