Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best potential head coach that is available?

MK25toLife

What difference would it make?

We tried the great college coach, Steve spurrier, he couldn't fix it. We tried the old vet coach with tons of experience, Marty Schottenheimer, and he couldn't fix it. We have a guy now in Shanahan with a great career winning percentage and Super Bowl championships, and he cannot fix it.

Even the mythological Hall of Fame coach, Joe Gibbs, could not escape the dark cloud that hovers over this franchise, though he gave the most valiant of efforts. What he did is nothing short of a miracle, and yet that ended in the most unthinkable tragedy.

It seems to be inevitable. What coach could possibly overcome the hand of destiny? It is our fate to be bad.

We don't need a new coach, we need help from a higher power.

Or lower power.  One of us can sell their soul to Satan in return for Skins becoming a winner again.  Or would it take the entire fanbase selling their souls?

GM Scott Pioli

HC Josh McDaniels/Tom Clements/Pete Carmichael Jr

OC Brian Dabol/Ken Dorsey

QB Coach: Phillip Montgomery Baylor

DC Romeo Crenel

If a good OC is available: Philbin/Kubiac/Rick Dennison then you can consider a defensive HC Lovie Smith

No way on Scott Pioli, he stunk it up in K.C.. I rather take an assistant G.M. from the Ravens if possible

Lovie is a defensive minded coach. That's what got him ousted. The league is pass happy now and are looking for offensive minded coaches. That doesn't rule Lovie out but it makes it harder to bring someone like him in here unless things are different.

You do know Pete Carroll is a defensive minded coach

What about Mike Zimmer, DC from Cincy?

Would not mind that pick at all either. I am tired of this team trying to pick a big name coach that is living off their pass glory. Gruden pretty much declined the job tonight in my opinion when Gruden stated oh " Skins be careful what you wish for in a coaching change." The next head coach might like Cousins better than RG3. I just laughed and said well I hope all the extremeskin fans heard this comment. Gruden would have a quarterback controversy day one.

You read my mind...it really feels this way sometimes.  No matter what they do it seems destined to fail.

Que the avowed atheists who start singing about the nickname "karma" curse again...lol

Since Dan has bought the team only one thing has stayed status quo. He has tried everything except hire a real GM. It's time for that to happen. You just cant compromise the chain of command with friends, family members, and yes men. It has been a weak link for the team since Mr. Snyder bought the team. I have a good feeling we will finally get one soon. Enough is enough.

HTTR

I can't give you the name, but I think I can describe the who.

I am looking for a younger offensive or defensive coordinator who's an opposite.  That is,  if the head coach is a defensive guy and the OC is really successful I'm looking at him.  If the head coach is an offensive guy and the defensive is potent I'll take him.

I might also be looking for a guy who spent his formative years coaching in the NFL, but then moved on to have great success in the college ranks.  I see the NFL following college trends these days.  So, many college offenses out there whether it's the spread or run option, etc.

Lastly, I want someone with a little bit of mad scientist in him.

What I don't want is someone with a ring.  We've tried the Spurrier, Gibbs, and Shanny route.  It doesn't seem to work for us.  Schottenheimer also was an old dog mostly out of tricks.  Yes, we might have improved to an 9-7 kind of team, but we would have been crushed in the playoffs as Marty's teams always were.

Josh McDaniels? The guy who ran Cutler and Marshall out of town in Denver? The guy who drafted busts like Knowshown Moreno and Tim Tebow? NO Thank You!!!!

Keep Mcdaniels farrrrrrrrr away from our team or you might find RGIII traded by week 5. 

The idea is that he learned from his mistakes and also he wouldn't be managing personnel here and drafting players so that wouldn't be an issue either. I have my doubts but that is the thought process. 

GM: Trent Kirchner. He currently is the director of pro personnal in Seattle. Everything they have touched out there has turned into gold. Previously with the Carolina panthers as a scout from 2002-2009.

HC: Darrell Bevell. Currently the OC for Seattle. Has worked as a QB coach in GB with Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers rookie year. Later was the OC for the Vikings from 06-10

DC: Lou Spanos. Ex Skins LB coach from 09-11. Now the DC at UCLA. Was with Pittsburgh as a Quality Coach for 14 years from 1995-2009

OC: Philip Montgomery. Currently the OC at Baylor and has worked with Robert. I doubt we can get him as he has worked with Briles since Briles High School coaching days but as we know Snyder 1 is always waiting to be filled up with green

We need is a young & rising star in coaches. Why not a college coach? We need a Jim Harbaugh. Where he took a awful/untalented Stanford program into a winner and did the same thing in San Fran.

Or we can get brightest coordinator in the NFL. 

I'm done with long term rebuilding plans. Doesn't take 5 years to turn a pro team around in a balanced league. 

GM Scott Pioli

HC Josh McDaniels/Tom Clements/Pete Carmichael Jr

OC Brian Dabol/Ken Dorsey

QB Coach: Phillip Montgomery Baylor

DC Romeo Crenel

If a good OC is available: Philbin/Kubiac/Rick Dennison then you can consider a defensive HC Lovie Smith

Ken Dorsey!  Of the Miami Hurricane QB Ken Dorseys?

That looks like a Patriots re-union tour, DG.

I do enjoy Josh McDaniels, though.

VP of football operations- Bruce Allen (highly respected around the NFL, knows the league and seems to work well with Snyder)

GM- Scott Pioli- (Drafted well in KC and NE, the Patriots haven't drafted as well since he left, just don't give him complete control) 

Head Coach- Bill O'Brien- ( Does a great job with QB's, Matt McGgloin was crap and now is starting for Raiders, Also a disciplinarian) 

OC/Assistant HC- Josh McDaniels ( Would have to give him a promotion to get him out of NE)
DC- Wade Phillips (I think they clean house in Houston)

Here's what I'm looking for:

(1) A GM from a stable organization that knows how to draft

(2) HC I want someone that has either been groomed as an NFL HC, meaning they've been in a coordinator position at the NFL level long enough to have seasoning and their unit must be good. I want a HC that has experience/background on offense but especially in the passing game and for the QB position. If they know the WCO that's a plus.

(3) OC must have NFL experience as a QB coach he doesn't have to be a playcaller because if we hire an offensive minded HC they might want to be the playcaller. Would be willing to promote a former QB coach that has worked/had success with a young QB.

(4) QB Coach want a coach from the college ranks that really knows the spread offense.

(5) DC- I WANT SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO CALL A 34 DEFENSE

Archived