Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Showtime Cable Tv Series:homeland

darrelgreenie

I really like it but i do think they jumped the shark in the latter half of season 2. 

Yeah, I could see that. Pushing the boundaries kinda happens on all shows and it easy for a show like this to push the edges of credibility.

I wasn't a fan of the whole David Estes and the Veep drone plane attack cover-up story line and it seems like the amount of sex picked up.

But, I'm still hooked.

But lets talk turkey....Carrie is crazy and Brody did it. Right? What say you?

The last half of season 2 was comically absurd. But it's still a good show with great acting and the ending of season 2 was good.

There were a bunch of parts that are far fetched that I accept within the framework of the show. But If the director of CIA wants to off someone I think he knows better then to put the wetwork guy in charge of operation involving 2 of his best analysts.

Awesome show. 

And another two fine British actors, Damian Lewis and Davis Harewood (Brody and Estes) making there mark in the States along with Rupert Friend. (Quinn.). We really do have some fine acting talent right across the board on some major US shows. And as another aside, Lewis is as a laid back and humble a guy as there is going. Seen him quite a few times at Liverpool games over the years. But I digress .....

Awesome show. Totally hooked. Can't wait for season three, And yup dg. I'm sure Brody did it. And just wait until you see season three of Luther man. Presumably the end on TV. But the acting and dialogue was nothing short of sensational. And the way they tied everything up in the final episode was genius and utterly perfect. You couldn't of scripted it any better. If there's not a 'Luther' film the BBC and Idris are missing a MAJOR beat. 

Hail. 

Tell me Alice comes back?

I can't tell you anything or I'd give it away but it's the perfect, perfect ending the final two episodes that just tie everything together the way you'd want and takes things full circle. And the lead up is faced paced, brilliant acting from all involved. If this is to be the last of John Luther on the small screen, Idris took him and the show out with a bang. 

Hail. 

Does anyone watch Showtime:Homeland?

I just started watching this summer. Watched season 1&2. Just finished season 2 today.

Wow.

Yeah my wife & I have been watching since season 1....great show, we are hooked.   Can't wait for Sept 29th

• 4 months later...

Wow.

Its over.

4th season was kinda lame but the finale was good.

3rd season right... 4th season is in 2014.....

I really like the show.   Great cast, great writing,  I like the character Saul.   He's the best thing on the show.   Carrie is pretty great too.   They carry the show.

Mandy Patinkin is great in everything he's in except Criminal Minds and I'm sure that's why he left the show.  He was really good in Dead Like Me.  I liked that show a lot, just finished watching on Amazon for the second time (Prime is a helluva deal).  Season 3 of Homeland is available in the UK on iTunes but not here.  Wish they would hurry up and release it.  

Mandy Patinkin is great in everything he's in except Criminal Minds and I'm sure that's why he left the show. 

I liked him in Criminal Minds, although I did have trouble watching the show.

The show all revolves around "thinking like the criminal". So every episode had to focus on WHY the suspect was kidnapping people and torturing them to death. It had to focus on the emotions of the criminals, the victims, the profilers.

And, since I've started taking care of Mom, full time, I'm really, well, the phrase I use is "emotionally fragile".

(Which really surprises me. I've always thought of myself as someone who wanted to be Spock, when he grew up. And that's why my self image is that I may not be the Strongest Man in the World, but that I was
emotionally
indestructible.)

Watching stories about a woman who confessed murdering her own son, when her son is actually still alive, and was willingly executed for it, because she didn't want her son to know he was the son of a mass murderer, (her husband, who really was a mass murdered), really hurt. 

Mandy has said that he thought the show was going to be about the profilers.  About the incredible emotional pressure they're under.  The toll it imposes on them.  The burnouts.  And he's said that, frankly, the show was imposing those same emotional tolls on him, just from playing one on TV. 

And, since I can testify from personal experience that just watching the show imposes a toll, on me, I can't really say he's lying. 

He was really good in Dead Like Me.

He played Satan on Touched by an Angel.  :)

And I haven't watched Dead

I liked him in Criminal Minds, although I did have trouble watching the show.

And I haven't watched Dead

I gave some effort into watching Minds but I didn't like it.  I shouldn't have said that he was bad in the show, not what I meant, the premise didn't do it for me and I missed on the chemistry of the cast.  I guess they have some because it's lasted so long but I didn't get it.  I'll have to give it another shot.  

I can relate to the emotional thing.  Ten years ago I would have looked down my nose at that that sort of touchy feely talk but life can really punch us in the gut sometimes and I came out a much different and more emotionally susceptible person after it punched me.  I have to pause all the time during emotional movies or shows, it took me a couple days to finish Ordinary People, I couldn't take it all in one sitting.

I saw that Touched (and all the rest of them).  That show was right up there with Highway to Heaven on the enjoyably sappy scale.

I bet you would love Dead, it's a really great show and his character is simply excellent. It's just a shame that it didn't last longer.  

Third season was a bit of a downer.  I didn't love the whole story line in the beginning, and then a lot of plot holes developed trying to get Brody back in the picture.  The whole timeline didn't make much sense to me either.  Not sure where they are going with this show, but I think it peaked in Year 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only one that thinks its over?

Not just the season the series...

Can they have a show without Brodie?

I think that would've been a good way to end the series but I read somewhere that they are still doing season 4. I'm not all that excited about it. Curious if they will do a total reset with a new storyline or continue with the guy they turned.

Probably one of my favorite shows ever!

Of course they can have a show without Brody (no matter how many housewives protest and sign petitions against his character dying, lol).  I loved 3rd season and thought it was good they finally got rid of Brody; they couldn't really make many more believable scenarios for him to stay in the storyline.  I'm excited to see what they do with Season 4.  

Watching stories about a woman who confessed murdering her own son, when her son is actually still alive, and was willingly executed for it, because she didn't want her son to know he was the son of a mass murderer, (her husband, who really was a mass murdered), really hurt.

Derail, sorry: that was one of those episodes you never forget. I was crying like a baby at the end. A mother's love & protective instinct knows no bounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably one of my favorite shows ever!

Of course they can have a show without Brody (no matter how many housewives protest and sign petitions against his character dying, lol). I loved 3rd season and thought it was good they finally got rid of Brody; they couldn't really make many more believable scenarios for him to stay in the storyline. I'm excited to see what they do with Season 4.

3rd season was rough except for that last few.

There was too much fluff for me.

No Saul.

No Brodie.

Carrie a mother and station chief in Istanbul?

I hope they're not mailing in season 4.

I thought Brodie's death was a good place to end.

Archived