Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Showtime Cable Tv Series:homeland

darrelgreenie

Teaser trailer for Season 4:

And I agree that it was time to be done with Brodie.  His story had run its course.  Saul and Carrie are more than enough to carry (pun not intended) the show.

Love the poster for this upcoming season:

Homeland-S4-keyart_612x816.jpg

• 2 months later...

With Brodie dead the show had run its course but I gave it a chance and after the 1st 2 episodes and i'm in again.

Did anyone get the feeling that Quinn kinda let Sandy get killed? Almost like he wanted Sandy to get killed?

Or maybe I'm just projecting my feelings onto to Quinn.

And why the heck didn't Sandy shoot? He had a weapon, punk.

I wasn't sure what the show would bring for this season, but I'm definitely enjoying it.  I actually think that with their writing they were able to significantly step up the show by getting rid of Brodie.  That storyline was done.  

Is this the scene where Quinn gets a bad case of "beer goggles"?

That one was hilarious, I'm thinking it was the bathroom scene?  That was crazy.  

Is the bathroom scene you speak of the one where she contemplates drowning the baby?

I figured she was just trying to keep her waterboarding skills up to date.

Yeah; that's the one...not sure if you may want to blank that out as a spoiler, I don't know if everyone in the thread is caught up.  

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that thinks all of this is occurring in Carrie's mind?  We all know that she is mentally ill.  Then there is the entire first couple of seasons where it was mentioned that the CIA couldn't know she had any mental illness or she would lose her job.  She was locked up in a psych ward also.  

She has an affair with a terrorist and eventually his baby.  But she magically is pulled back into the mix after losing her job due to her mental illness, aides in a top secret mission (end of last season) then again magically gets promoted to CIA station chief in Afghanistan and ordering drone strikes.  

Not to mention, now sleeping with terrorist #2.  I could be way off on this, but I really think she is locked up in a psych ward and the story is going on in her mind.  Saul and others in the show, some of them, are nothing more than family and friends and possibly former co-workers and she is imagining them differently in this story (i.e. Saul is really her uncle and not part of the CIA, etc.).

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but nothing matches up in the story line with all the oddities that I have mentioned above.  I know it's fictional and all, but it started out as more believable, now it's like some sappy, action/adventure romance novel.  

I guess i was surprised that she began to sleep with him immediately and he was actually ok with doing that. 

Carrie is crazy (literally) and driven and a true believer.

She will do anything, literally anything to accomplish her mission.

If throwing a dude a few bangs can bring her the intel that can bring down a terrorist cell? Done deal in her mind.

You gotta remember that lives are a stake and they will kill people without hesitation in the grand scheme what's a lil boom-boom?

Plus, i'm sure a few Claire Danes sex scenes don't hurt ratings.

You know what I don't buy?

Saul freaking Berenson walking into an ambush?

No effing way!

They should have written in some circumstances that would explain how an accomplished, decorated, veteran, smart career intel operative like Saul walking into a simple ambush.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the best single seasons of a TV show so far. The last few episodes have had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Hope they finish it strong.

Agreed. Every episode has been intense and compelling. I can't believe housefraus who were upset they killed off Brody. The show is million times better now; makes me wish they'd killed him after the first season instead of letting him and his annoying family hang around.

Agreed. Every episode has been intense and compelling. I can't believe housefraus who were upset they killed off Brody. The show is million times better now; makes me wish they'd killed him after the first season instead of letting him and his annoying family hang around.

I liked Brody but his family was god awful. I tuned out during any segment having to do with them. This show is finally doing what it should have from the beginning: focusing on foreign relations and the intelligence community. Some really really good stuff so far.

I liked Brody but his family was god awful. I tuned out during any segment having to do with them. This show is finally doing what it should have from the beginning: focusing on foreign relations and the intelligence community. Some really really good stuff so far.

start watching state of affairs with katherine heigl.  It looks promising and a concept like homeland

Archived