Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Yeah but doesn't it cost money? He technically still has them but he just sold them this year. So how would I go about transferring?

From the Redskins Ticket Policy web page:

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/policies-and-general-information.html

Transfer Policy

The Redskins season ticket policy allows the transfer of season tickets to immediate family members only (parent, spouse, child, or sibling). Season tickets cannot be transferred between businesses, from a business to an individual, or between non-family members. In order to transfer a season ticket account, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office and request an account transfer form or download the transfer form now (PDF). Provide the requested materials (which may include a copy of a death certificate, in the event the account holder of record is deceased) and proof of relationship (birth certificate, marriage license, adoption papers) between the existing account holder of record and the new account holder. The Redskins reserve the right to deny a transfer at their sole discretion. All transfers (if granted) are subject to a non refundable $100.00 per seat transfer fee and remain subject to all other Redskins' ticket terms, conditions and policies, including but not limited to the following: Redskins tickets constitute revocable licenses and future renewals of Redskins tickets are at the sole discretion of the Redskins.

Have him transfer the tickets to your dad or mom; then in a few years have them transfer them to you.

Edited by SonnyandSam

Has anyone neg Club seats ?

I got an email stating I could sit in 326/327 for 210 a ticket.... is what it comes out to be..> I dont know if that is discounted or not ?

Obviously I have already paid the GA price of 1089, so its an adtl 1011 a ticket... which comes out to 210... seems high but I wasnt sure so I can try and neg...

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but i'm hoping they start the UL upgrages near the 50 yard line on the home side. A few years back I went from the dead center of the end zone to section 401. I thought that was a pretty good upgrade. I'm staying in that section but trying to move down.

Anyone have any ideas on where upgrades in the UL would start?

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but i'm hoping they start the UL upgrages near the 50 yard line on the home side. A few years back I went from the dead center of the end zone to section 401. I thought that was a pretty good upgrade. I'm staying in that section but trying to move down.

Anyone have any ideas on where upgrades in the UL would start?

Heck, I would just love to know where my seats are. Being a first year STH is like pure anxiety, haha.

Has anyone neg Club seats ?

I got an email stating I could sit in 326/327 for 210 a ticket.... is what it comes out to be..> I dont know if that is discounted or not ?

Obviously I have already paid the GA price of 1089, so its an adtl 1011 a ticket... which comes out to 210... seems high but I wasnt sure so I can try and neg...

I was in section 108 for the 2010 season. Got offered the club level offer for 2011 for about 1,000 more a seat. It was about 4,600 total for the two tickets and parking. Got moved down to lower level sideline as promised this year. I requested Redskins sideline, which they gave me, section 104 row 5. They said that if I was willing to do visitor side that I may get a section or two closer to the 50, but I told them I would rather not deal with all the extra fans on that side of the field.

It's funny, they sent me two invoices this year, one with my new unassigned lower level seats and one with my previous club level seats, I guess hoping I would like to stay up there. Well, they had the nerve to try to raise the price on my club level seats by about $250 total. I just ignored it, but last week the premium ticket office called me to see if there was anything they could do to keep me in the club level, and I said "Sure, a better price". They offered be about $4000 total for 2 tickets and parking. I declined and said I would consider it in the future, but for now I'm happy with an almost $2000 savings to sit in the lower level sideline. Later that day I got an email notifying me that my assigned seats in the lower level were now updated on my account and log in and see. I also got a letter a couple days later with my new seats listed in it.

As of this moment, I am thrilled with my decision of paying the extra 1,000 a seat last year so I could get the sideline seats from now on. Things that would make me regret it in the future would be, 1.) The Redskins decide to have different price levels of tickets in the lower level(right now all seats are $99 +tax) or 2.) The Redskins build a new stadium and to keep my awesome lower level sideline seats I have to pay $20,000 a seat or so for PSL's. That is what happened to a lot of long time season ticket holders of the Jets and Giants and I am sure many other teams with new stadiums with PSL's.

That's not a bad idea. I'll have to mention that to him. Thanks!

I actualy just did this a few years ago, had them transfered from my grandfather to me. Just fill the form out. You will need birth certificates that show the family connection from the current season ticket holder to you. So, you'll need your grand fathers, your fathers and yours. Just copies, not originals. And don't worry if your grand father isn't your dads biological father, mine wasn't and i had no trouble with that.

I believe I paid a 100$ seat activation fee? But i can't remember. Obviously if it cost money it wasn't much, because I can't seem to remember what it was.

The TO was very helpful with the entire process, so don't hesitate to call them if you need help.

I was in section 108 for the 2010 season. Got offered the club level offer for 2011 for about 1,000 more a seat. It was about 4,600 total for the two tickets and parking. Got moved down to lower level sideline as promised this year. I requested Redskins sideline, which they gave me, section 104 row 5. They said that if I was willing to do visitor side that I may get a section or two closer to the 50, but I told them I would rather not deal with all the extra fans on that side of the field.

It's funny, they sent me two invoices this year, one with my new unassigned lower level seats and one with my previous club level seats, I guess hoping I would like to stay up there. Well, they had the nerve to try to raise the price on my club level seats by about $250 total. I just ignored it, but last week the premium ticket office called me to see if there was anything they could do to keep me in the club level, and I said "Sure, a better price". They offered be about $4000 total for 2 tickets and parking. I declined and said I would consider it in the future, but for now I'm happy with an almost $2000 savings to sit in the lower level sideline. Later that day I got an email notifying me that my assigned seats in the lower level were now updated on my account and log in and see. I also got a letter a couple days later with my new seats listed in it.

As of this moment, I am thrilled with my decision of paying the extra 1,000 a seat last year so I could get the sideline seats from now on. Things that would make me regret it in the future would be, 1.) The Redskins decide to have different price levels of tickets in the lower level(right now all seats are $99 +tax) or 2.) The Redskins build a new stadium and to keep my awesome lower level sideline seats I have to pay $20,000 a seat or so for PSL's. That is what happened to a lot of long time season ticket holders of the Jets and Giants and I am sure many other teams with new stadiums with PSL's.

So what they offered you is what they offered me...except I have 4 tickets.....

I wonder if it's worth doing club.....I did ask if I could move 2 to club and keep 2 in sec 130 and move all 4 to sideline next yr....

My problem is he resell value since I can make 3 games but also I wan to move to the sideline....

If he says no about the 2 and 2 is there any wiggle room n price.....

From the Redskins Ticket Policy web page:

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/policies-and-general-information.html

Have him transfer the tickets to your dad or mom; then in a few years have them transfer them to you.

You don't even have to do that. I have a family member who got them from an uncle actually. As long as they are some sort of relative, the ticket office will have no problem with it. It only takes a few days to do and it's $100 per seat. It's a very easy process and the TO is normally very helpful. Getting them from a grandfather is not a problem. You may be in a great position!

I'm pretty sure every three days I tell my wife "soon". I'm assuming now we won't know until July.

I was told by the ticket office that Upgrades are pretty much done and they are waiting on the people that come on Saturday to the pick your seat party to .... well pick their seats and then New Season Ticket holders will be done next week. I have a buddy that is new and asks me everyday when he should see his seats

how long is the list to get season tickets?

is there any way to circumvent that list short of purchasing the team?

it can't be too long.

the team will likely offer you a way to circumvent it by buying club seats for 2-3 years. you can certainly do that, but I personally think it's a waste of money.

call up the ticket office and tell them you want season tickets and you're prepared to pay over the phone with a card right now. i wouldn't be surprised if you got them. the team is clearly struggling selling season tickets. i also wouldn't be surprised if you missed the boat, and were told to sign up on the list and told to try again next year.

i'm pretty sure you can get season tickets right now, having not been on the list, if the right person answers the phone. if you don't get them it wont be because there aren't any available.

it can't be too long.

the team will likely offer you a way to circumvent it by buying club seats for 2-3 years. you can certainly do that, but I personally think it's a waste of money.

call up the ticket office and tell them you want season tickets and you're prepared to pay over the phone with a card right now. i wouldn't be surprised if you got them. the team is clearly struggling selling season tickets. i also wouldn't be surprised if you missed the boat, and were told to sign up on the list and told to try again next year.

i'm pretty sure you can get season tickets right now, having not been on the list, if the right person answers the phone. if you don't get them it wont be because there aren't any available.

I agree with Tshile; the list is not long. It took me 5 years or so, but I would guess at most if you joined the waitlist today, you'd get an offer for non-club seats by 2015. I'd say its a 50/50 shot that you'd get seats for next season if you called them willing to pay today. Try it and let us know how that goes.

Why is that? I understand they are higher priced but it seems like you get a lot of "extras" and the sightlines might be the best in the house. I was considering getting some but they don't appear too popular...

Why is that? I understand they are higher priced but it seems like you get a lot of "extras" and the sightlines might be the best in the house. I was considering getting some but they don't appear too popular...

because they're incredibly expensive.

my 3 seats in the lower level GA (100's) are cheaper than one seat in club level.

http://tickets.redskins.com/contact/

for 200$ more than club i also get green parking. thats for 3 seats compared to 1.

if you have that kind of money to throw around then kudos, by all means spend it how you see fit :)

i think for most of us GA tickets are pricey enough.

I also think it's a waste of money because there are certainly seats available. If you have any question about that, just check the secondary market and see how many are being sold by brokers once the season starts - how do you think the brokers got them in the first place?

So the team could just give you the GA tickets for the regular price, but they don't want to; they know how gullible people are in general, and they certainly understand how passionate fans willing to buy season tickets are. So they dangle lower level sideline tickets in people's faces, saying 'all you need to do is buy club seats for 3 years....'.

To give you an idea, I was told back in january, when the TO called about renewing my tickets, that the only way for me to get into the lower level any time soon was to buy club tickets for this upcoming season; they would then place me in the lower level the following year.

I was in section 422, row 17. Technically, when you're in the upper level above row 16, you're next 'upgrade' is into the same section but somewhere between rows 1-16.

Techincally, only people in rows 1-16 are supposed to be able to upgrade into the lower level.

I declined, they wouldn't come down of the price enough for me.

Last week I received my upgrade into section 117. This is despite being told it would likely be 3 years minimum for me to get into the lower level.

The bottom line is that they cannot sell tickets. They are having a really really hard time selling them. Thats why they're ripping large portions of seating out.

So the power lies with us, the buyers. Use that power. Don't get sucked into this 'well... it may be 10 years before you get tickets... unless you buy club seats' garbage. They'll try to sucker you in. You need to know where the power lies, and right now it's certainly not with the ticket office.

Edited by tshile

I was told by the ticket office that Upgrades are pretty much done and they are waiting on the people that come on Saturday to the pick your seat party to .... well pick their seats and then New Season Ticket holders will be done next week. I have a buddy that is new and asks me everyday when he should see his seats

They told me this yesterday as well...bummer.

because they're incredibly expensive.

my 3 seats in the lower level GA (100's) are cheaper than one seat in club level.

http://tickets.redskins.com/contact/

for 200$ more than club i also get green parking. thats for 3 seats compared to 1.

if you have that kind of money to throw around then kudos, by all means spend it how you see fit :)

i think for most of us GA tickets are pricey enough.

I also think it's a waste of money because there are certainly seats available. If you have any question about that, just check the secondary market and see how many are being sold by brokers once the season starts - how do you think the brokers got them in the first place?

So the team could just give you the GA tickets for the regular price, but they don't want to. And they know how gullible people are in general, and they certainly understand how passionate fans willing to buy season tickets are. So they dangle lower level sideline tickets in people's faces, saying 'all you need to do is buy club seats for 3 years....'.

Thanks for the information. I agree they are totally, ridiciculously priced, I just didn't know if there was any other reason people didn't like them. I hate seeing all those empty yellow seats on gameday too. The main reason for considering was just a "can't wait" attitude but I guess there are some good options on the secondary market too. I guess the best option would be to check those out for a few years while on the waiting list

This is the response I got back from the TO

"If you want to move only 2 seats to the club level, we can try our best to put them back near your seats in the lower level, but can’t guarantee they will be together. The only way we can guarantee all 4 seats are together is if we move them all down together. "

Thanks for the information. I agree they are totally, ridiciculously priced, I just didn't know if there was any other reason people didn't like them. I hate seeing all those empty yellow seats on gameday too. The main reason for considering was just a "can't wait" attitude but I guess there are some good options on the secondary market too. I guess the best option would be to check those out for a few years while on the waiting list

I edited my post to add my experience at the end.

Yeah, the reason people don't like them has nothing to do with the quality of the seats. It has everything to do with the way the ticket office uses them to try to sell tickets. they way over exaggerate things, and i'm sure you can make a case where sometimes they flat out lie to you (although i don't have evidence to prove that, it could just as well be incompetence)

If you wanted season tickets I'd suggest the following:

Get on the list, and call every year aound March (which is right before payment is due) and see if you can jump the line if you pay over the phone on the spot.

In the mean time, grab seats off the secondary market. You'll likely find better seats for cheaper, with the ability to not go to bad games or games when the team sucks, yet go to the rest of them. You also wont pay for preseason.

If, by some miracle, the team becomes amazing and the secondary market becomes more expensive, and you still haven't come up on the season ticket list, contact the TO about club seats.

This is the response I got back from the TO

"If you want to move only 2 seats to the club level, we can try our best to put them back near your seats in the lower level, but can’t guarantee they will be together. The only way we can guarantee all 4 seats are together is if we move them all down together. "

Makes sense. If you're concerned about that then don't split them. That's a very real possibility that you wont get them back together. Ask the guy with 4 seats where one is in the row behind the other 3, forming a T shape. They still haven't put his back together yet.

Edited by tshile

So pumped right now. I e-mailed the Club office to "inquire" about club seats next year and they just called back. I hadn't received my upgrade yet, but when the man called, he stated that I was in 427 R24 (last season I was in 420 R23) and obviously offered me the $2,000 per seat for club level. I said I wasn't interested, but it was great to find out my "upgrade".

So due to the removal of seats, I moved from 420 to 427 and I'm still at my $44 price from endzone seats the year before...

So it looks like the upgrades for uppers is either done or in process.

NOTE: my seats don't show on my invoice yet.

For those who've been upgraded already, how long did it take for your new seats to pop up after your old seats disappeared?

It was probably about 3 weeks for me. A few people called the TO this year after their seats disappeared and were told their new seats before they got posted to our online accounts. Others posted the TO could not or would not tell them over the phone. Consider that I would expect a lot more people get upgraded in the upper level just because more seats on the sidelines open up and lots of folks lost their seats in the party deck creation.....so it could take longer.