Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

29 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I agree with Wall 100%, but why is he responding to a journos tweet after a game they lost?

I hate to be THAT sports fan but who cares what a journalists says about the game?

Marcin had a few tweets too

they seem preoccupied with **** that doesn't matter at the moment

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Marcin had a few tweets too

they seem preoccupied with **** that doesn't matter at the moment

Yea...doesn't come off as a team that's focused. 

Speaks volumes when you have guys like Lebron/Curry who avoid social media during the playoffs.  They know what's at stake.  We're obviously not there yet with our guys.  SMH. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 4

They're blowing off steam after a frustrating trip to Atlanta.  And Buckner's tweet was stupid.  But yeah, they need to ****ing focus.  At the end of the day, they got thoroughly outplayed and dropped two games to an inferior team and focus and composure were big factors.  They're showing immaturity.  Wall and Gortat have played way too long to being doing that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Yea...doesn't come off as a team that's focused. 

Speaks volumes when you have guys like Lebron/Curry who avoid social media during the playoffs.  They know what's at stake.  We're obviously not there yet with our guys.  SMH. 

I concur.  They need to get their heads together.  

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Local media nobody send troll tweet.  Receives mild response.  Moving on...

Shoulda received no response.  

Edited by justice98

Game at 6pm sucks. Reasoning was TNT wanted to maximize TV revenue. They had Celtics vs. Bulls @ 8, and Warriors vs. Blazers @ 1030 if they needed a game 5. But now Warriors swept, so there's an empty time slot, thus moving Wiz to 6PM and Celtics to 830PM.

Sucks that TV rev means ridiculous time slots for fans to actually attend the games (this one, and 1PM Easter Sunday rather than the following Monday night), but money talks!

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Why is tomorrow's game at 6? Get ready for zero home court advantage because nobody can actually get to the arena at that time.

It's Wednesday. If a wizards playoff game isn't enough to get people to leave work early halfway through the week, I don't know what is ?

• Like 1

The reason this series is close at all is because of three things:

1. Brad, Otto, and bogs have had poor shooting nights. 

2. The only man who can guard milsap well gets a foul the second he comes close to him. It's as if Paul is Lebron's twin out here. Dude flops all night long, pushes off on every rebound, and gets every call in the world. It's hard enough to play against flopper royalty in Calderon and Ilyasova without getting a few calls. 

3. Marcin Gortat fell off a cliff after game 2. 

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It's Wednesday. If a wizards playoff game isn't enough to get people to leave work early halfway through the week, I don't know what is ?

This aint LA. DC is a workaholic town. I got home a half hour ago and I don't even live or work in DC.

I'd be shocked if the arena were at even 75% capacity at tipoff tomorrow night. Ridiculous decision making by the NBA to neuter what was a damn good home court advantage.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This aint LA. DC is a workaholic town. I got home a half hour ago and I don't even live or work in DC.

I'd be shocked if the arena were at even 75% capacity at tipoff tomorrow night. Ridiculous decision making by the NBA to neuter what was a damn good home court advantage.

They knew what they were doing. 

The Wizards defense was garbage last night and a reporter tweeted about it. The only issue is it was directed at Wall when it should've been directed at Beal or Morris or the entire bench. Only issue with that, I swear people get so uptight about any criticism towards players as if it's out of protocol.

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The reason this series is close at all is because of three things:

1. Brad, Otto, and bogs have had poor shooting nights. 

2. The only man who can guard milsap well gets a foul the second he comes close to him. It's as if Paul is Lebron's twin out here. Dude flops all night long, pushes off on every rebound, and gets every call in the world. It's hard enough to play against flopper royalty in Calderon and Ilyasova without getting a few calls. 

3. Marcin Gortat fell off a cliff after game 2. 

I think your #1 point is a bigger issue than simply points missing from shots that aren't falling.  In game 4 it also limited Wall and Gortat's effectiveness.  The Hawks adjusted to our poor shooting throughout the series and took away the interior spacing instead of chasing off shooters.  They went under screens and collapsed three, sometimes four, defenders when Wall would drive.  They let Otto, Beal, and Bogs take open shots.  While they did hit a few more of them than the had in previous games, they haven't proven efficient enough for it to matter.  The Hawks focused more on destroying Wall's drives and pick and roll with the bigs.  It worked. 

There is no excuse for the Hawks to be able to send help to anyone that bounces a ball and not have the Wizards offense absolutely explode.  Guys have to earn their checks and hit shots the Hawks gift them. 

• Like 2

Now I do want to say I'm not entirely worried yet because the second half of the last game was a turning point for the guys who have been struggling. 

1. Otto's mid range is back. It's not the three... But we can work with the long twos at this point. 

2. Beal is back offensively. Now let's hope his defensive intensity is there next

3. Bogs hit two triples in the second half and found a little bit of confidence that was sorely needed. 

I have high hopes for tomorrow night 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

dude went and got himself in damn good shape

i wanna smack every damn beat reporter who labeled him a professional during his time here

Exactly why I hate him.  Remember his "I didn't touch a basketball in the offseason" BS followed by playing his way into game shape?