Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sure would like to have Mahinmi available...sigh.

#nocurse

I totally forgot about him.  What the hell happened? Was he just injured all year?

I'm about to Google it. I remember seeing his name in a box score at some point.

As someone who just tuned in for the playoffs, there is a tremendous fall off between the starters and bench (obviously). Bogdanovich is the only guy I trust to score. Jennings is great at creating but usually dishes. Oubre is young and inexperienced but I thought when we drafted him he was supposed to be some next level ****.

Edited by abdcskins

we were really convinced an Ernie Grunfeld team was gonna prosper

sonofa**** will be here next year with that other sonofa**** Morris

still think we win this series, but i'm less convinced of us beating Boston & Cleveland

Edited by StillUnknown

37 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
Beal got the max off the strength of breaking out during the playoffs.  Otto is probably not 100%, but i'm not maxing that guy.  I hate that he essentially has all the leverage in this case

Otto is not a max player.  Extend a qualifying offer and wait.  The down side is that we don't have any draft picks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Otto is not a max player.  Extend a qualifying offer and wait.  The down side is that we don't have any draft picks. 

Sir, Markieff Morris & Bojan are our first round draft picks

you don't want to be called back for reconditioning

all hail grunfeld, all must hail

6 hours ago, Destino said:

I go back and forth on Otto's worth...but I have to agree with you.  He's been a turd since the All-Star break.

I thought game 3 was an anomaly, but man...I was wrong.  There are some real troubling signs going forward.  Hawks are flat out eating in the paint.  Wizards need Mahinmi back in the worst way.  There is no reason why a partially-washed Dwight Howard should be turning back the clock right now.  Brooks has to make some adjustments. Need the bench and 3/5 starters to show a pulse. 

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

I go back and forth on Otto's worth...but I have to agree with you.  He's been a turd since the All-Star break.

I thought game 3 was an anomaly, but man...I was wrong.  There are some real troubling signs going forward.  Hawks are flat out eating in the paint.  Wizards need Mahinmi back in the worst way.  There is no reason why a partially-washed Dwight Howard should be turning back the clock right now.  Brooks has to make some adjustments. Need the bench and 3/5 starters to show a pulse. 

Bro the calls in the paint are a problem. We cannot defend Milsap as it is but the fact that the only dude on the floor who has a chance gets a foul on touch is crazy. 

You can't defend the paint if you can't touch people. 

I don't know what to say right now...

Really disappointed in Keef and Otto this series and honestly, both have been inconsistent since the All-Star Break. I can't even get mad at the bench that much because those two are playing so bad and we knew the bench would struggle a little with Mahinmi out.

We need to win these next two. I'm fine with it going to seven if need be, but I'd rather just end it as quickly ass possible.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Bro the calls in the paint are a problem. We cannot defend Milsap as it is but the fact that the only dude on the floor who has a chance gets a foul on touch is crazy. 

You can't defend the paint if you can't touch people. 

Can't remember the exact #, but I think the Hawks have attempted close to 40 more FTs than the Wizards. 

How, Sway????

I'm convinced the refs and the Hawks are in this teams head, some more than others - Keef being #1.  But nearly the entire starting lineup spends more time than necessary whining about calls, looking at the refs with pouty face.  Many times guys fail to get back on defense as a result of whining for calls.  It's a mindset thing and its hard to be tough and gritty when you are a. constantly worried about being called for fouls (legitimate) and b. spending entirely too much time worrying and arguing about calls or lack thereof.  Scott really needs to get on this group and get them to focus on what they can control rather than what they can't.

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Also...what kind of home court advantage are the Wizards going to have tomorrow with a 6pm tip?  SMH.  At the end of the day, the dudes gotta play ball...but seriously, VC won't be 80% capacity until 7:30 or so. 

****s wack. I wont even be out of the office until 5:30. 

Might as well start watching wrestling again at this point.