Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Otto really didn't attempt a single 3pt shot all game

one of the best shooters in the league, doesn't shoot

#SoWizards

They do run any action to get him shots.  They only do that or Beal.  Because Brooks is ass.

Otto did lead all players in rebounds, steals, and blocks.  

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I do wonder if they didnt see Otto at all or if they did what they thought happened. He just fell over 6 feet? 

**** those guys entirely. 

It pisses me off cause we coulda lost this by ourselves but with so much help it's like impossible to win. 

Refs didn't shot 7/26 from 3, we did.  Refs suck in NBA, we should expect that at this point.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

They do run any action to get him shots.  They only do that or Beal.  Because Brooks is ass.

Otto did lead all players in rebounds, steals, and blocks.  

We've been over this, he makes too much to be just a glue player.  He's highest paid player on the team, how come he NEVER gets game winning shot attempt?  He also leads the team in excuses, that a next gen stat in case you didn't know.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is true.  Also got beat on the boards by a good bit.  Taking that into account with the 3 point shooting its kind of amazing they only lost by 1.

Also why I'm not worried yet

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We've been over this, he makes too much to be just a glue player.  He's highest paid player on the team, how come he NEVER gets game winning shot attempt?  He also leads the team in excuses, that a next gen stat in case you didn't know.

We have.  Otto has zero handles.  None.  Nada.  The man does not dribble much less shoot off the dribble.  If you want Otto to shoot they must run plays or at least drive and kick.  If they can’t do that, then Otto will not get many shots.  Brooks knows this and Brooks does not break out his crayons in an attempt to change this because he’s ass.  

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

We have.  Otto has zero handles.  None.  Nada.  The man does not dribble much less shoot off the dribble.  If you want Otto to shoot they must run plays or at least drive and kick.  If they can’t do that, then Otto will not get many shots.  Brooks knows this and Brooks does not break out his crayons in an attempt to change this because he’s ass.  

They didn't even do it when he was the only starter on the court

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I didn't expect improvement from Brooks, his legacy is damn near laminated at this point.  But Porter's handle score on 2k is still ZERO and he's a max player.  I mean, fine, I'm at the acceptance stage now, but I think what pisses me off is I get no indication what so ever that Otto is pulling Brooks to the side or coming in his office after the game about it.  I can't tell how bad he wants anything, its like he'd wait in line for oxygen or something.

Charging this loss to Oubre dumb azz for taunting after that dunk. That tech was the difference in this game. This team is still so immature. There's a reason this team got good instantly after signing Paul Pierce. We need to sign a productive vet with a leadership presence. We're never gonna find true success until we get that piece again. Wall aint got it in him to be the true leader. And that's fine, but we this team needs that. And I wouldve said that even if we won tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Charging this loss to Oubre dumb azz for taunting after that dunk. That tech was the difference in this game. This team is still so immature. There's a reason this team got good instantly after signing Paul Pierce. We need to sign a productive vet with a leadership presence. We're never gonna find true success until we get that piece again. Wall aint got it in him to be the true leader. And that's fine, but we this team needs that. And I wouldve said that even if we won tonight.

Agreed on all points. The whole team (except Beal and Green) behaved like they thought that game was owed to them. Damn, I'm salty today. 

Edited by Chachie

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Refs didn't shot 7/26 from 3, we did.  Refs suck in NBA, we should expect that at this point.

Yea I get that. I was just wondering what they were looking at in that particular play. Or what they were thinking. 

I'm mean everyone saw the same thing but them so why swallow the whistle there?

10 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

That tech was dumb, for sure.  I am not sure what he said (has anyone reported what was said?) but the Wizards got out-rebounded and they missed too many FTs.  I agree that Oubre is still immature and I agree that a Paul Pierce type would be awesome.  But as I said last night, they're lucky that they only lost by 1.  

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Everybody relax.  81 games to go.

#53wins

I do realize how right you are. There are a few real good teams who lost their openers, including The Lebrongeles Lakers.

I just get salty as heck when I begin the season by ranting repeatedly about losing to bad teams, mediocre teams, or injury-depleted teams and the first thing this jabronies do is come out and lose the home opener to a mediocre, injury-depleted team. They should have been up by 8-12 points against the Hat last night at the end of the game.

After Wall, Beal, Otto, Rivers, and Howard all spend the late summer talking about how they are "being slept on" and how they feel like they're a top 3 seed this season, they immediately show the league why they're NOT being slept on. They're sleeping at the wheel. I want to go tweet to each one of these mouthy fools to walk their stupid talk. They ain't done crap to be asking for media love.

SHOW ME.

By the way- I'l make a signature bet with you on that 53 wins prediction. No way John Wall leads a team to 53 wins. It's not about team for him. He's too busy with that bicep.

Edited by Chachie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

By the way- I'l make a signature bet with you on that 53 wins prediction. No way John Wall leads a team to 53 wins. It's not about team for him. He's too busy with that bicep.

Had me till right here. You feel about Wall the way I feel about Otto. I want Otto to score and get mad when our best shooter on the squad wont shot it. But even without that he makes the team better with his play. He's not an aggressive, shot creating player. He's just not. I argue we need that, at his position, but he's not that guy. 

Similar with Wall. We need a leader on the squad and we all want our best player to be a leader but hes not that dude. I think that's what you are saying you want from him. I dont see him as wanting his stats. He gets that rap for some reason but he has literally said, at every occasion, he wants to win. And he shows it by putting his body on the line and making the best plays he can in the offense we run, I think. 

I dunno. I hate that we lose like this though. And I hate that we are so obviously poorly coached. So much talent and it's not used. 

• Like 2