Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How are the Wiz looking so far?  Another 45 win season and a first round bounce out of the playoffs?     

Not until someone gets injured.  If they stay healthy they should win about 49 games and see the second round.  

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

how is this possible?

he has as many attempts as Jason Smith

You have to take contested shots, which other better offenses would call bad shots, to get a lot of shots up for the Wizards.  Otto isn’t built that way.  He’s neither a bad shot maker or taker.  Oubre is the latter and so he throws lots of garbage up... then get praised or his aggression.  

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

You have to take contested shots, which other better offenses would call bad shots, to get a lot of shots up for the Wizards.  Otto isn’t built that way.  He’s neither a bad shot maker or taker.  Oubre is the latter and so he throws lots of garbage up... then get praised or his aggression.  

I disagree about Oubre being a bad shot taker.  Everything is a catch and shoot three or an attempt at the rim.  Yes, he absolutely forces the issue when he takes it inside, but he gets to the line by doing it.  And he makes tough looks through contact.  He's not a good shooter, but it's not from low-IQ chucking.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I disagree about Oubre being a bad shot taker.  Everything is a catch and shoot three or an attempt at the rim.  Yes, he absolutely forces the issue when he takes it inside, but he gets to the line by doing it.  And he makes tough looks through contact.  He's not a good shooter, but it's not from low-IQ chucking.

Defenses want him taking those threes.  He’s not that open by accident.  The heat don’t give Beal and Otto that much space.

A shot being at the rim doesn’t make it a good shot.  Not unless you’re a player that’s a great finisher.  He’s not, but he’ll throw up awkward angle floaters against two defenders, while a team mate stands open, every single time. 

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I need one of you to explain to me what Otto porter even is at this point

He’s the guy doing everything else.  Currently leading his team in rebounds, steals, and +/-.  The Wizards are flat out better with him on the floor and the numbers have been screaming it for years.  He needs to score more but he’s a huge boost on both ends when he’s out there.

• Thanks 1