Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Other than the game against Phoenix, Kieff has been pretty bad this year.  Basically everyone is having a down year except Mike Scott.

He's playing some marshmallow soft bball lately. 

All these open jumpers in the offense aren't doing him any good, like to see him attack the basket even if he has the wide open jumper. 

On 12/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, Skin'emAlive said:

The stars and bars were just about the best jersey this franchise ever produced. 

I don't think that is what they were called...

Stars and stripes maybe. 

Calling it that in DC would probably not go over so well. 

On 12/15/2017 at 9:08 PM, Fight4RGIII said:

Gonna screw around and miss the playoffs losing all of these should be gimme games. If you would have told me that before the season, I would have thought you were nuts. A non 100% Wall changes everything 

Sounds exactly like the Redskins. 

Would this team have looked any different with D'Antoni at the helm? 

Never in a million years would I have thought a pairing of CP3 and Harden would work due to the latter being so ball-dominant.  However, he's got those guys playing out of their minds.  A lot of ball yet to be played, but the WCF will probably be better than the Finals overall. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Would this team have looked any different with D'Antoni at the helm? 

Never in a million years would I have thought a pairing of CP3 and Harden would work due to the latter being so ball-dominant.  However, he's got those guys playing out of their minds.  A lot of ball yet to be played, but the WCF will probably be better than the Finals overall. 

D'antoni's teams always do this in the regular season, and then fall apart in the playoffs when teams actually start gameplanning specifically for him and his offense gets neutralized and his lack of defense gets exposed. Also Harden is ass in the playoffs when refs tend to swallow the whistle and he can't make 15 FTs a game off cheapie fouls.

22 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Pretty sure its just one ref making all these foul & tech calls. 

Ernie can extend Mike Scott anytime he feels like it... Get it done. 

Which probably means he'll let him walk...... 

We should wait until he cools down a bit before talking extension.  Doubt we can afford him though because we're paying a lot of guys, tons of money, that aren't performing up to their contract. .  

Gortat loves passing out of what should be a sure dunk for an avg NBA center. 

****ing goon. 

Oubre doesnt look like he staying square when hes shooting the 3. His body is rotating to the right in a clockwise motion. His shot has been off for quite a few games now. 

Edited by CRobi21

Somehow I am able to watch this game right now.....Meeks!

I don't have the NBA package, I just thought I would try channel 642 and the game comes up.  Is DirecTV having a free promotion?

Too sloppy with the turnovers.

Edited by abdcskins

An elementary school team runs more plays then the Wizards. 

We have the high pick and roll.... 

We have the stand around and let Bradley Beal shoot a jumper...

We have the stand around until John Wall calls for a pick.... 

Aaaaaand that's about it. 

• Like 1

Wizards starting offense without Wall playing great is absolute trash.  No one moves, everything is a contested jump shot.  Brooks should be ashamed that he's getting paid for this level of work.  

Wall is not right and it's obvious.  What exactly is wrong with him greatly impacts both short and long term plans.  I'm worried.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We'll make the playoffs, but we're showing after two loses at home to the Cavs that we aren't ready for them.  At first I was like, "Well, Otto is out", then I saw IT in street clothes and realized that we really are in basketball purgatory : (

We were never going to beat them this year.  Boston gave them a golden parachute from the Kyrie fiasco and they loaded up on Wizards killers.  They are a horrible match up for us.  Our only avenue for making the ECF this year was to get the one seed and avoid them.  They're going to tapdance all over the East once again and lose to Golden State in the Finals.  This is 100% certain.

The real question is what happens next year.  I don't think LeBron is going to leave, I think he's going to lure CP3 somehow.  But if he leaves for a Western team, that'd certainly open up the East.  Finally.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We were never going to beat them this year.  Boston gave them a golden parachute from the Kyrie fiasco and they loaded up on Wizards killers.  They are a horrible match up for us.  Our only avenue for making the ECF this year was to get the one seed and avoid them.  They're going to tapdance all over the East once again and lose to Golden State in the Finals.  This is 100% certain.

The real question is what happens next year.  I don't think LeBron is going to leave, I think he's going to lure CP3 somehow.  But if he leaves for a Western team, that'd certainly open up the East.  Finally.

You know, as a fan, I never like to say never, otherwise, what's the point of watching?  I like basketball, and root for the local team, but the eyes don't lie, that team is way deeper then ours, more options for someone to get the job done then us.  Its even worse that our starters are not playing as well as last year, which is why I'm not sure if a trade will even matter.  Our bench is better, but unless our starters get their act together, we don't stand a chance against the Cavs with LeBron there. 

That Cavs team is so loaded, I wouldn't understand LeBron going to Houston and having to deal with the Warriors before even getting to the finals.  Cavs are on fire even without IT, not looking forward to when he comes back.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Cavs are on fire even without IT, not looking forward to when he comes back.

Me neither.  The fact that they've been doing what they have without a PG, and that they're going to get one as good as IT in January sucks.  He's a perfect fit with all of those wings.  Great off ball player when he's on court with LeBron.  Volume scoring playmaker when LeBron rests.  Kevin Love looks so much better in the #2 role than he did playing third fiddle behind Kyrie.  He's a system player and LeBron has been orchestrating this really impressive team-ball offense now that he's got sole possession of the keys and Kyrie isn't there stopping that ball.  It's already a great offense, it's going to be so explosive with IT.  You won't get a break against them.

I will say this, their Achilles Heel is defense.  They simply do not have the personnel in the front court to play great defense on a consistent basis and most of their best rotation players are wings, so having Thompson back won't make a big difference.  There's not a clear place in the rotation for him any more.  Kevin Love has been devastating at C on the offensive end, I think you have to keep him there.  Frye has been good too.  They keep the floor so well spaced.  And then the next issue is that Jeff Green and Jae Crowder are better, more useful players than Thompson.  You've got those two plus Korver and LeBron getting all of the forward minutes.  Who can you kick out of the rotation to make room for Thompson?

So I just don't see a way for them to build a strong defensive rotation without trading personnel--something like trading Green and Frye for a true rim protector and moving Love back to PF.  And I don't see this kind of trade materializing for them this season.  Hence, I believe the defense is what will eventually cause them to lose to Golden State.  They can go shot for shot with the Warriors, but the Warriors play strong D.  If the Warriors hadn't gotten Durant, then this Cavs team would be championship caliber.  But the Warriors are just too overwhelmingly good now.

Edited by stevemcqueen1