Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Brutal ending.  Looks like we forgot to run a play at the end, everyone just kind of looked panicked before Gortat chucked up a three ball. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sato missing two FTs and Gortat getting punked on a rebound. And of course Lou freaking Williams. Guy has killed more WIzards than Dumbledore.

Rebounding is easier if you're allowed to blatantly shove the other guy to the side.  Right in front of the ref too. 

We really needed Wall back yesterday.  We can't beat bad teams unless Beal goes supernova when Wall doesn't play.  The offense becomes garbage because Beal is the only other guy capable of stepping up and being the first option but he can't create for other guys the way Wall can when he's cold--when Beal was cold in that first half, it got ugly.  And that was despite a good performance from Porter.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We really needed Wall back yesterday.  We can't beat bad teams unless Beal goes supernova when Wall doesn't play.  The offense becomes garbage because Beal is the only other guy capable of stepping up and being the first option but he can't create for other guys the way Wall can when he's cold--when Beal was cold in that first half, it got ugly.  And that was despite a good performance from Porter.

Was the offense the issue yesterday?  Team scored 112 points on 51% shooting.  31 in the 4th, too.  

26 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I know this is random, but I don't know anywhere else to ask this question...

How would Lebron fit on this current Wizards team? I always said I didn't want Lebron on the Wizards because he wouldn't fit, but how dumb would it be to turn down arguably the best player in the league.

Like I always say, he's my least favorite player until he's on the Wizards.  How would he fit?  Like butter.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Just when you start to warm up to a guy...

Ticking time bomb.  We desperately need the guy to stay healthy and play.  The defense and the bench work about a thousand percent better when he's there.  But he's unreliable.

We've got to trade him and replace him with a defensive center that we can rely on.

15 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

I know this is random, but I don't know anywhere else to ask this question...

How would Lebron fit on this current Wizards team? I always said I didn't want Lebron on the Wizards because he wouldn't fit, but how dumb would it be to turn down arguably the best player in the league.

It's an awkward fit but I think you answered your own question--you sign him and make it work if he actually wanted to come here.  LeBron made it work with two other ball dominant guys in Kyrie and Wade, I think he could make it work with Wall.  Especially since Wall is a better passer than them.

The other major issue is the lack of roster balance.  You'd have to clear out so much money in the front court to get into LeBron money without trading Otto.  That would leave us with a roster full of small forwards and guards and no bigs.

But it's LeBron.  He would carry us to the Finals and at least give us a puncher's chance against the Warriors.

• Like 1

Illegal screen outta bounds huh.

Don't think I've ever seen that called before. 

*Was that Keef that dribbled the ball up the court and turned it over like a dumbass? Put his ass back on the bench

Edited by Mooka

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I actually like this Brooklyn court.  Has a kind of an odd looking stone wall pattern on the boundaries.

I knew he was going to get called for those screens.  They were super obvious.

I hate it.  The scuff marks in the paint are too visible every time I see this floor and this gives it a high school gym look.

• Like 1