Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Philly fans

daviddsims

Real or Fake?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake?

The funny thing is that at the Jets game, they did the same thing, in fact, they were throwing snowballs at the Falcons on the last drive of the game.

Several years ago, Giants fans were not only shown doing that, but one of them was actually front page news. This type of thing happens in every where. Yet, as it was anticipated by our media, the national media would say how bad our fanbase is....funny...

Just had to add my two cents.

Enjoy your last two games and your continued attempt to earn some sort of respect around the NFL. We may throw snowballs and what not, but at least we don't have of all people MATT MILLEN ripping us a new one.

Enjoy your last two games and your continued attempt to earn some sort of respect around the NFL. We may throw snowballs and what not, but at least we don't have of all people MATT MILLEN ripping us a new one.

So you admit the fanbase is classless trash, but your team is better.

Okay.

The funny thing is that at the Jets game, they did the same thing, in fact, they were throwing snowballs at the Falcons on the last drive of the game.

Several years ago, Giants fans were not only shown doing that, but one of them was actually front page news. This type of thing happens in every where. Yet, as it was anticipated by our media, the national media would say how bad our fanbase is....funny...

Just had to add my two cents.

The lame attempt to condone one wholly wrong action with another.

Why does this come as NO surprise from someone from Philthy?

We'll enjoy the end of our season just fine ty. Change is coming, we have something to hang on to.

You enjoy your continued standing as the poor relations in the East, and console yourselves with that empty trophy cabinet at the Link by abusing some other poor sap that has had the temerity to step foot on enemy turf.

The Philadelphia Eagles: A class apart at making divisional/conference titles worthless.

Hail.

I'm not trash....I admit that some members of the fanbase like all members of most fanbases are classless....

have to agree with the skins fan there. nobody comes close to being as horribly trashy as philly fans. absolute disgrace. the skins may have a horrible team, but at least the fans can hold their liquor.

The lame attempt to condone one wholly wrong action with another.

Why does this come as NO surprise from someone from Philthy?

We'll enjoy the end of our season just fine ty. Change is coming, we have something to hang on to.

You enjoy your continued standing as the poor relations in the East, and console yourselves with that empty trophy cabinet at the Link by abusing some other poor sap that has had the temerity to step foot on enemy turf.

The Philadelphia Eagles: A class apart at making divisional/conference titles worthless.

Hail.

Hahahaha...doesn't make me any difference. I would rather have a chance year after year than to hopelessly look into the past to console myself. Funny thing is, from many Redskins fans up here, though you may have 3 titles, they would also like to have a shot in the present.

I often find it comedic when some people use the WE HAVE RINGS arguement....because the fact is no one denies that you have them, it's just that while you have them, the chances of getting anymore are about as slim as a pair of skinny jeans on a stick figure.

I love you guys, I really do.

So your response is to tell us that New York like Philly is similarly full of douchebags? Well Number5 I can assure you that most people already knew that. Natives of both cities have a well earned and long proven reputation.

So your response is to tell us that New York like Philly is similarly full of douchebags? Well Number5 I can assure you that most people already knew that. Natives of both cities have a well earned and long proven reputation.

Actually, my point is that this happens in every stadium, yet, it is only talked about when Philadelphia does it. When the Raiders fans dump beer on women and children, nothing gets talked about.....When a Ravens fan is verbally attacked and has half eaten food thrown at him in Pittsburgh, nothing is said about it....yet, when snowballs, not bullets or knives or food or beer, but childish snowballs....everyone is up in arms....

exactly WHAT does that have to do with Eagles Fans??

So trying to lash out to insult the Redskins, will somehow change the facts eagle fans are classless?

by your response you're promoting the stereotype of Eagle fans.

:hysterical: oh the irony

Actually, my point is that this happens in every stadium, yet, it is only talked about when Philadelphia does it. When the Raiders fans dump beer on women and children, nothing gets talked about.....When a Ravens fan is verbally attacked and has half eaten food thrown at him in Pittsburgh, nothing is said about it....yet, when snowballs, not bullets or knives or food or beer, but childish snowballs....everyone is up in arms....

No, it doesn't. I've been to snow games in several stadiums. I've never seen anything like that video. And it would be possible to see something like that happening from virtually anywhere in the stands.

EDIT: Just to clarify, yes, of course other fans throw snowballs. A few were thrown last night between Giants and Skins fans. That video is much different. It's continuous barrage from an entire section.

Then your point is weak and your logic flawed. Saying that bad things have happened in every stadium is simple minded. Every situation in which 50,000+ people and alcohol are placed is going to experience bad behavior. Just as every city has a crime rate however, some places are worse than others. The Eagles are notorious for horrible fan behavior for a reason. It isn't some random event that is plucked out of the ether by the media - visiting fans routinely have a terrible experience in that stadium.

The media didn't create that reputation. NFL fans did by noticing the tremendous volume of complaints coming from anyone dumb enough to go there not dressed in Eagle green. The eagles aren't alone of course, there are other cities with similar reputations... but the eagles are certainly a strong candidate for worst in the league in this regard.

exactly WHAT does that have to do with Eagles Fans??

So trying to lash out to insult the Redskins, will somehow change the facts eagle fans are classless?

by your response you're promoting the stereotype of Eagle fans.

:hysterical: oh the irony

Hello Bubba, I didn't notice the strench of your posts lately.....oh wait, there it is....lol

j/k

This is always a fun time of year. Its the time of year when the Eagles fans start pounding their chests with how good they are and the media jumps on with both feet slurping this championless bunch of pansies. They'll continue to beat up on weaklings, dancing, and showing off while they destroy inferior opponents, talking abou how they are the Gold standard in a division where there are eleven titles and they don't have one of them.

Thsi is the time of the year when everyone will start to think about how scary good they are, and how this is the year they pull it off. This is the time of the year where fans like number 5 will go into other fans boards and kick a team that is laying in the fetal position waiting for its rebuilding process. Because that's what they are. They are bullies. They kick helpless people. They beat up on the weak. They show off and talk smack even though they have NEVER won anything of consequence. But what happens when someone hits them back?

They're fans are just like their team. 50,000 strong they will beat up on children wearing an opponents jersey. They'll get drunk to forget the fact that their entire lives are wrapped up in this franchise that is always second best. They drink to forget. They get belligerent. Their pride, not in their children, or their careers, or their families. . . but in being on ESPN throwing batteries. . or snowballs. . .or having to have a court in their stadium. . . or dragging out a 55 year old Sylvester Stallone to pump up their crowd. Their biggest idol is a fictitous boxer in a movie from the 70's.

Why is this my favorite time of the year? Because it is the beginning. . . and the end is always so much fun! I can't help but wonder what fate will deliver to these losers this year. How will the football gods crush them this year? Some of the past ways seemingly can't be topped but the gods always find a way. After all "Tampa has never won in over 35 degrees". . .remember? . . . "Hell, we are 14 point favorites at home against Carolina". . . . "Hey its the last game at the Vet. . . ", "Finally, the superbowl, . . . is that Donovan throwing up on the game winning drive? " . . . . "Thank God TO is going to play . . . what a warrior!" . . . . "Cmon, guys, its ARIZONA!!" . . . .Personally, I can't wait to see how the gods do it to you guys this year. Tis the season... Someone always eventually stands up to the bully. Thsi year will be no different and personally. . . I can't freakin wait! :eaglesuck

Hahahaha...doesn't make me any difference. I would rather have a chance year after year than to hopelessly look into the past to console myself. Funny thing is, from many Redskins fans up here, though you may have 3 titles, they would also like to have a shot in the present.

I often find it comedic when some people use the WE HAVE RINGS arguement....because the fact is no one denies that you have them, it's just that while you have them, the chances of getting anymore are about as slim as a pair of skinny jeans on a stick figure.

Really!?! You all don't have a past at all! The Eagles have been around as long as we have and have NOTHING worth a damn to show for it. If you guys were to put together a DVD of the Philadelphia Eagles history, it would ALWAYS end in heartbreak. Get a grip. We may suck right now but at least our history isnt riddled in failure.

So, you are saying that you are satisfied with having the opportunity now to do something in the playoffs even though the Eagles have failed ever since Reid has taken over rather than actually having Super Bowl trophies???

Ummmm, ok.

Number5's argument is one I've heard from a philly fan here in AZ (him and his family are from philly.) He agrees that his fanbase does things like assault fans from other teams, he acknowledges philly fans booing irvin when he was injured, chuckles at throwing battery-laden snowballs at santa and his response is "5% of every other fanbase is just like ours..."

Congrats on the fact that the majority of your fanbase is as good as the 5% of trash from every other fanbase. I'm sure that, and the warm feeling you'll get from losing again before the superbowl will comfort you as long as you can look down on the lowly Redskins.

I just wonder what's going to happen when McNabb retires, Andy leaves, and you go back to the seller of the NFC east just like the rest of the NFC east when it was our turn.

It's been a long time for the Skins, but we do have glory to look back on to give us hope. Eagles fans will be able to look back at 4 nfc champ games, one superbowl appearance, an empty trophy case and a fanbase that is the equivalent of gutter trash with pride that only someone from philly could have.

Well I'm not sure whether there was another Giants snowball incident, but the famous one I know about was during a Chargers game in '95 where one of the Chargers equipment managers got hit. So yes, you are correct, no one talked about that game on extremeskins.com. Probably b/c it took place ~6 years before the site existed. But at the time it was in most major media outlets and everyone was talking about it. The Giants even took out an ad in a San Diego paper apologizing for the incident.

yet, when snowballs, not bullets or knives or food or beer, but childish snowballs....everyone is up in arms....

I seem to remember some trashy chick from philly trying to sue Portis' mother after Portis' mother decked her for pouring a beer on her.

I'm sure eagles fans have covered all the bases you mentioned.

Classy.... But at least you're better than the Skins this year, right?

Archived