Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Philly fans

daviddsims

Real or Fake?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake?

The Eagles fans who were throwing snow balls were idiots. No one should ever defend them under any circumstances. Why are you defending your snowball throwers? People who go to a game for any other reason then to watch the game have no place in the stadium. If you want to have a snowball fight, stay the hell home.

Westbrook36 is pretty much on the ball here. Majority is a little much. Yes, there are probably far more dbag Eagles fans than Skins fans, but it represents a minority that both fanbases should loathe.

My problem with Eagles fans has always been that they are completely delusional and generally unable to hold a football conversation beyond "OMG 60 YARD TD SUPER BOWLZZ!!!" My one friend actually said he'd like to see the Eagles have a crack at the Saints again "with McNabb back." Yeah, since McNabb plays defense and could stop the Saints from putting up 40 again.

But let's face it, the more sensible Eagles fan that you see around here is pretty much done with the stupid chest pounding. After a decade of torture, they know what is going to happen in January. Frankly, they are no different than us Skins fans thinking that we are going to be a good team after the annual offseason FA haul. For both teams' fanbases, enough is enough. Sadly for us, their disappointment at least gets to come in meaningful games.

idiotshoulderpadgoof.jpg

Shoulderpad Sean...The Mayor...I'm sure we can go douchebag for douchebag.

I'm still looking for youtube video from Buffalo, etc. Some things probably happen only in Philly. But you can post the video evidence if you get it, or relate a story if you witnessed it.

A trash collector who dresses up like he's part of the team and roots loudly and obnoxiously for his team is the same as a large contingent of fans who advocate violence for any opposing fan at FedEx, and had a not insignificant group of supporters on here a few years back?

I have no interest in defending Philadelphia fans as a whole. There is no point, it's a cyclical argument, and people on both sides already believe what they want. I think there probably are a few more incidents in Philly than most cities but I also 100% believe that ANY incident that happens in Philly is clung to by the media and reported whereas incidents in other cities are swept under the rug.

If you don't believe that, that's certainly your prerogative, and I can assure you myself and the rest of the Philadelphia fanbase care less what you think. Enjoy Christmas.

Hey look, another low IQ Skins fan says behavior in video represent THE MAJORITY of the Eagles fan base.

I've had enough laughs. At this point I'm definitely pitying a few of you guys.

Funny that you would make a comment about "low iq" with all the dumb **** you post.

I guess the eagles organization just happened to magically group an entire section of your "minority" of idiot fans together. They must give out personality tests to eagles fans prior to selling you guys ticket so they can sit all the dicks in one section.

Hey look - another snowball fight at an NFL game... Redskins @ Giants... hmmmm... how can this be - the Eagles fans aren't there.

Anyone... anyone ? Don't take your ball and go home now.... if you want to spout your generalizations then come out and lets play..

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=24184922

typical Philly FAIL, thats not FedEx Field douche...try again

As I catch up on this thread, I'm loving the irony in Philly fans trying to condone their actions by comparing them to others, and in the next breath claiming it's a minority of the fan base.

Keep it classy as always guys.

Hail.

You seem to have a bit of a reading comprehension problem my friend. I don't recall a single Eagles fan condoning any of the actions of the Eagles fans brought up in the various incidents. Feel free to show me where anybody condoned anything.

And I also don't see much comparing. All I did was post 2 articles - one from ESPN and one from your very own Washington Post. 2 pretty credible sources, no? And the reason for posting those links was in no way a "comparison" of fan bases - it was simply to point out that there are issues of drunkeness, rude behavior, and violence in every fan base, yes, even your own.

Funny how still not one Skins fan has addressed the Wash Post article - Just about all the examples and quotes in that article are from your peers. Skins fans that have had season tickets for years and have been sitting amongst all you Redskin fans. I suppose you can just dismiss their views as being a small minority, right? Double standards are fun.

Eaglez Legendz nailed it... these discussions are, and have been the same for decades - it's cyclical - both sides have their view and that's that.

No biggie.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Skins fans. And oh yeat - *#$%^ Dallas !!!

I hope you all whup up on them good Sunday night - good luck.

typical Philly FAIL, thats not FedEx Field douche...try again

Where did I say it was Fedex ? C'mon man, try to keep up, please.

I clearly said "at an NFL game".. you read that, right? It's an example of other NFL fans - stay with me now - throwing snowballs - at an NFL game - and the Philadelphia Eagles aren't playing in the game - do you get it now... perhaps if you read all the posts a bit more carefully - and think hard about which post relates to which other post - you will get a better idea of the ideas being put forward in the debate and the points being made.

I can continue to explain it you, but I can't help you understand it. Sorry.

And "douche" - really? You're a pretty solid representation of your "Classy" fanbase... you should be proud.

You can pontificate all you want Terps, but whatever way you cut it, to throw one example up against another is in effect condoning your fan bases own actions, however veiled that message may be. And I'm not looking solely at you personally there either.

But regardless, all the best of the season to you and yours too.

Hail.

I respectfully disagree. I abhor the actions of the Eagles fans that participate in those types of activities - snowballs, fights, drunken cursing around kids - all that. I certainly don't think that showing an article that points out similar behavior in another fan base condones the actions of the Eagles fans.

And to get it straight right now - that's my stance - I don't condone the actions of those in either (or any) fanbase. I just gave a valid link to examples that were "non-eagle" related.

Thanks for the holiday wishes and the same to you and your family.

Again guys - I'm married to a die hard Skins fans... she bleeds B&G - and all my very best friends in this world are DIE HARD Skins fans.

I'm not here to just slam Skins fans so I want to set the record straight on that... cool? I just seem to get caught up in this particular discussion from time to time because it is true, just about 100% of Eagles fans that I know, and I know a lot of them - are educated, professional, successful upstanding members of their communities. As I suspect just about all of you are.

Hey - complete side note - anybody know where I can find a burgandy Orakpo jersey (XL) on XMas eve..... yeah, I know - waited too long.

Peace Skins fans.

Here's my take. Yes, we all know that the majority of Eagles fans are aholes. You would be to if you lived in that Philth. But, we also know the history of those said ahole fans and visiting fans. It's great that you want to see your team in another stadium, but you are pretty much asking for what comes to you when visiting Philthy because of that history. It's wrong, but it's fact.

It's also fact that deep down inside it kills Philthy fans that they not only are the only team in our division without a Lombardi, but the other three teams in our division have multiple Lombardi's.

You see, I know the Redskins have pretty, much well sucked for a while now. But, that doesn't take away from our storied past and tradition. It's why the Redskins still get as much coverage as they do. Hopefully, it will soon turnaround. If it doesn't? Well I will ALWAYS have those THREE Lombardi's to hang my hat on. Many fans of other teams would kill for that.

While the Eagles have had a successful run over the last decade the proverbial "Yeah, but" is always uttered when they pop up in a conversation.

That hat the Eagles fans wear? It's always falling to the floor. What do they have to hang it on?

Philly stinks. And remember this is the city that booed Santa Claus and cheered when Michael Irvin's career ended. This is a city that has a jail in their stadium lol, a city known for "Section 700" at the Vet. Good job Philly

Philly is good for college basketball and baseball and that's it...and the baseball is only a recent resurgence, before last year the Phillies were a laughingstock who didn't win **** since the 80's lol

Brotherz - question for you... and please be honest here... how many games have you personally attended in Philadelphia?

Terps,

I have gone to every skins/eagles game between 1999-2008 at the vet/stink. I have SEEN them knock a 10 year old down the stairs in the 700 level and then beat up the kids dad. I have personally been in a porta potty when dozens of those idiots came to try and knock it over with me in it because I had a skins jersey on. I have had my house egged for having a skins fan flag on it in Marlton, NJ. I am not talking about some ESPN stereotype. I WATCHED this.

I respectfully disagree. I abhor the actions of the Eagles fans that participate in those types of activities - snowballs, fights, drunken cursing around kids - all that. I certainly don't think that showing an article that points out similar behavior in another fan base condones the actions of the Eagles fans.

I have gone to games in Philly (Vet and Linc) and NYC and Baltimore. My take on the Linc is that it's a great stadium. Blows Fedex away actually. But the fans...

They are aggressive. Verbally. If you don't like that, don't go. But physically? I have never seen a fight at the Linc. Never. That doesn't mean they don't happen, just that I have never seen one. I have at all the other stadiums, including ours.

Now what I have seen is the pussified, cowardly type of physical attacks. I saw ketchup containers thrown at someone. I thought that was weak, but it typified what I have seen from Philly fans. Who did it? Where did it come from? Suddenly everyone is aw shucks I don't know who did that. At skins games, there are always other skins fans trying to calm the situation down. AT philly, they revel in it. If I saw a dude throw ketchup, I would stop him. It's stupid. But No one did with these fans. I have never seen that in any of the other games I've been to. Never once in Fedex, and I've been going for forever. I've seen chicks get in the face of opposing fans, and start pushing and screaming. They know nothing will happen to them. The dudes take on the same mentality, only they do it from a distance, because the risk of that first punch is high. Mark the Homer had his hat thrown from the upper deck. Again, cowardly. Who grabbed it? Who do I retaliate against? I was lower bowl, and heard philly fans laughing about it, like it was a good thing. Then they talked old war stories about the 700 level, like it was a badge of honor. (Most of it not true I'm sure, because they were like 20 years old)

The snowball thing is the same cowardly attack. That whole section is just pelting those two with snowball after snowball. Would you do that? I wouldn't, and it was like the whole section. Like a dog with a big bark, but no bite.

Terps,

I have gone to every skins/eagles game between 1999-2008 at the vet/stink. I have SEEN them knock a 10 year old down the stairs in the 700 level and then beat up the kids dad. I have personally been in a porta potty when dozens of those idiots came to try and knock it over with me in it because I had a skins jersey on. I have had my house egged for having a skins fan flag on it in Marlton, NJ. I am not talking about some ESPN stereotype. I WATCHED this.

What you are describing is assualt. It's a crime. And you stood by and "watched". Way to be a man.

I've been a whole lot of games in Philly - and have never ONCE seen a child in any danger - EVER. I hear "stories" from Skins fans a lot. Whatever - I've posted enough examples, documented valid stories from valid news outlets mind you that support my stories... but you just keep on glossing over them.... ignoring them.

As for the porta potty - anyone here care to post the video of your Dead Tree Crew in action - perhaps it was a Colts game, not sure don't exactly remember - but I'm fairly sure I watched the video of them tipping one.

But hey - let's not let facts get in the way.

Here - I'll bow out as this is going nowhere. Skins fans are glorious, awesome, good natured people who do no wrong. Eagles fans are all, 100% neanderthal baby eating monsters.

Super.

Archived