Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Philly fans

daviddsims

Real or Fake?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake?

;7144266']So' date=' you are saying that you are satisfied with having the opportunity now to do something in the playoffs even though the Eagles have failed ever since Reid has taken over rather than actually having Super Bowl trophies???

Ummmm, ok.[/quote']

What I'm saying Tom is that I would rather get to the dance then not be invited at all. Once inside the parties doors, as your Giants proved in 2007, anything can happen.

I seem to remember some trashy chick from philly trying to sue Portis' mother after Portis' mother decked her for pouring a beer on her.

I'm sure eagles fans have covered all the bases you mentioned.

Classy.... But at least you're better than the Skins this year, right?

I've seen Eagles fans do all kinds of mess, I have family in DC and have seen Skins fans do all kinds of mess, remember the pepper spray fiasco? All I am saying is that same argument that I have been saying for the last 4 years I've been here, don't classify all Eagles fans or fans in general of a certain team because of the actions of a few idiots. I personally say leave the snowballs for the bus stops, backyards and playgrounds of the world, it has no place inside of Professional Stadium.

What I'm saying Tom is that I would rather get to the dance then not be invited at all. Once inside the parties doors, as your Giants proved in 2007, anything can happen.

And that was a comment in response to a posting about the absolutely disgusting behavior of eagles fans. A shot at the skins about the birds being in the "dance" that ultimately ALWAYS has them sitting there when the music stops playing watching someone else run off with their girl.

The original posting was about how the fans are a bunch of neanderthals which no objective human being could actually argue. The response was essentially "we are in the playoffs and your team stinks". Its trolling by a guy with 5000 posts on this board. Plain and simple. Its nothing more than trolling. Your making the OP's point about birds fans.

Its trolling by a guy with 5000 posts on this board. Plain and simple. Its nothing more than trolling. Your making the OP's point about birds fans.

I wouldn't necessarily call it trolling. It's classless. Yes. For anyone to try to condone or excuse the actions of the 100 or so participants in that video is crazy.

...it's called karma, Number5...

I wouldn't necessarily call it trolling. It's classless. Yes. For anyone to try to condone or excuse the actions of the 100 or so participants in that video is crazy.

...it's called karma, Number5...

I'd have been fine with him making an argument that even 100 fans doesn't represent an entire fan base. I would have disagreed with him respectfully because the eagle fan base is a majority of idiots and it is an exception to find a decent human being who roots for that organization but ok, we can agree to disagree on that. THIS however is trolling, and I don't care how many posts he has:

Enjoy your last two games and your continued attempt to earn some sort of respect around the NFL. We may throw snowballs and what not, but at least we don't have of all people MATT MILLEN ripping us a new one.

This has NOTHING to do with the point of this thread. Its a birds fan in our forum kicking us while we are down because someone had the temerity to video tape his ridiculous fan base acting like the animals they are. Its the textbook definition of trolling in my opinion. And let me make it clear. I don't personally dislike the guy. I dislike the trolling in our forum today while we are all hurting in here. But again, that's the nature of iggles fan. They are just bullies. It'll all come full circle, probably at Minny this year and I will gleefully be waiting to see it. . . again.

Actually, my point is that this happens in every stadium

I'm not so sure this is a great argument, N5.

Just because bad things happen everywhere doesn't mean you should defend them. Also, I'm not convinced that scene could happen in every stadium. If that were the case, we would see lots of youtube videos from Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc etc etc

I'm not so sure this is a great argument, N5.

Just because bad things happen everywhere doesn't mean you should defend them. Also, I'm not convinced that scene could happen in every stadium. If that were the case, we would see lots of youtube videos from Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc etc etc

Off topic, hello old friend. I hope is all well with you and yours. We have to catch up....I will be on here more now that work has slowed down....again, hope all is well and get better!!

Off topic, hello old friend. I hope is all well with you and yours. We have to catch up....I will be on here more now that work has slowed down....again, hope all is well and get better!!

Things are fine, except for the skins sucking. Hope the holidays are going well.

Oh yeah, piss on Eagles fans.

Things are fine, except for the skins sucking. Hope the holidays are going well.

Oh yeah, piss on Eagles fans.

Hahahaha...I hear you. You guys will do fine. Kinda shocked at last nights game....actually very shocked. But hey, the young guys are showing flashes and the defense is still "fighting". Things will get better....at least the Caps are awesome this year. I saw them play the Flyers last month and instantly became a Semin fan, Alex was suspended.....but damnit if they are deep all over the ice!

Titles don't make us feel better about our season on a daily basis, but in the opinions of most fans, any season in which you fail to win the superbowl was a failure of a season. Sure there are things like "doing well" or "on the right track" to feel good about, but when the season is gone and the Redskins fail to sniff the playoffs yet again I can always sit there and say: well at least at one point the Redskins were the greatest team in the entire league.

Its a nice thing to know. For Eagles fans, they can never say that in the superbowl era. They have never been the best team in the entire league. There has always been somebody better. Always. I'd rather be the best 3 times and suck a bunch of other times than suck for a long time, then play fairly well but fail miserably when it matters. The Eagles aren't the best team in the NFL, they never have been, and chances are they won't be any time soon. Perpetual contenders, never the ultimate victors. It must make a fan base very empty inside. I can't imagine how that must feel.

Titles don't make us feel better about our season on a daily basis, but in the opinions of most fans, any season in which you fail to win the superbowl was a failure of a season. Sure there are things like "doing well" or "on the right track" to feel good about, but when the season is gone and the Redskins fail to sniff the playoffs yet again I can always sit there and say: well at least at one point the Redskins were the greatest team in the entire league.

Its a nice thing to know. For Eagles fans, they can never say that in the superbowl era. They have never been the best team in the entire league. There has always been somebody better. Always. I'd rather be the best 3 times and suck a bunch of other times than suck for a long time, then play fairly well but fail miserably when it matters. The Eagles aren't the best team in the NFL, they never have been, and chances are they won't be any time soon. Perpetual contenders, never the ultimate victors. It must make a fan base very empty inside. I can't imagine how that must feel.

Well according to Donavan McNabb, whenever they lose they're still the better team.

"The better team lost." is his, after all.

;7144266']so' date=' you are saying that you are satisfied with having the opportunity now to do something in the playoffs even though the eagles have failed ever since reid has taken over rather than actually having super bowl trophies???

Ummmm, ok.[/quote']

c-c-c-c-c-c-c.......combo breaker!

I was at this game in 49ers gear in the section above, I was with a few Eagles fans so while I got a fair amount of snowballs thrown at me it was nowhere on this level and most of the fans I met were cool and willing to talk football. This wasn't representative of the stadium and really appeared to be just that one section. I really didn't mind it because I expected to get some **** from fans going in. I think the thing to take from this is every fan base may have some people that will take it too far, but all in all it was a very enjoyable experience despite the final score.

Let me go watch the video again and wait for those classy Eagle fans Number 5 is talking about to come in and defend those two 49er fans who were forced to leave the seats they paid for.

*Still watching*

Sorry Number 5, the vast majority of your fan base is trash, maybe the Raiders can lay claim to the same, but that's it. This video proves it. The entire section was enjoying it and not one of these so-called classy fans you're claiming are the majority tried to stop it.

I know for a fact if this happened here in FedEx (which it wouldn't in the first place) some Skins fans (including myself) would've stood between them and the snow telling everyone to stop. There is a limit, and clearly, too many Philly fans have trouble understanding that. It isn't a minority at all, or even half.

This is always a fun time of year. Its the time of year when the Eagles fans start pounding their chests with how good they are and the media jumps on with both feet slurping this championless bunch of pansies. They'll continue to beat up on weaklings, dancing, and showing off while they destroy inferior opponents, talking abou how they are the Gold standard in a division where there are eleven titles and they don't have one of them.

Thsi is the time of the year when everyone will start to think about how scary good they are, and how this is the year they pull it off. This is the time of the year where fans like number 5 will go into other fans boards and kick a team that is laying in the fetal position waiting for its rebuilding process. Because that's what they are. They are bullies. They kick helpless people. They beat up on the weak. They show off and talk smack even though they have NEVER won anything of consequence. But what happens when someone hits them back?

They're fans are just like their team. 50,000 strong they will beat up on children wearing an opponents jersey. They'll get drunk to forget the fact that their entire lives are wrapped up in this franchise that is always second best. They drink to forget. They get belligerent. Their pride, not in their children, or their careers, or their families. . . but in being on ESPN throwing batteries. . or snowballs. . .or having to have a court in their stadium. . . or dragging out a 55 year old Sylvester Stallone to pump up their crowd. Their biggest idol is a fictitous boxer in a movie from the 70's.

Why is this my favorite time of the year? Because it is the beginning. . . and the end is always so much fun! I can't help but wonder what fate will deliver to these losers this year. How will the football gods crush them this year? Some of the past ways seemingly can't be topped but the gods always find a way. After all "Tampa has never won in over 35 degrees". . .remember? . . . "Hell, we are 14 point favorites at home against Carolina". . . . "Hey its the last game at the Vet. . . ", "Finally, the superbowl, . . . is that Donovan throwing up on the game winning drive? " . . . . "Thank God TO is going to play . . . what a warrior!" . . . . "Cmon, guys, its ARIZONA!!" . . . .Personally, I can't wait to see how the gods do it to you guys this year. Tis the season... Someone always eventually stands up to the bully. Thsi year will be no different and personally. . . I can't freakin wait! :eaglesuck

:applause:

This is always a fun time of year. Its the time of year when the Eagles fans start pounding their chests with how good they are and the media jumps on with both feet slurping this championless bunch of pansies. They'll continue to beat up on weaklings, dancing, and showing off while they destroy inferior opponents, talking abou how they are the Gold standard in a division where there are eleven titles and they don't have one of them.

Thsi is the time of the year when everyone will start to think about how scary good they are, and how this is the year they pull it off. This is the time of the year where fans like number 5 will go into other fans boards and kick a team that is laying in the fetal position waiting for its rebuilding process. Because that's what they are. They are bullies. They kick helpless people. They beat up on the weak. They show off and talk smack even though they have NEVER won anything of consequence. But what happens when someone hits them back?

They're fans are just like their team. 50,000 strong they will beat up on children wearing an opponents jersey. They'll get drunk to forget the fact that their entire lives are wrapped up in this franchise that is always second best. They drink to forget. They get belligerent. Their pride, not in their children, or their careers, or their families. . . but in being on ESPN throwing batteries. . or snowballs. . .or having to have a court in their stadium. . . or dragging out a 55 year old Sylvester Stallone to pump up their crowd. Their biggest idol is a fictitous boxer in a movie from the 70's.

Why is this my favorite time of the year? Because it is the beginning. . . and the end is always so much fun! I can't help but wonder what fate will deliver to these losers this year. How will the football gods crush them this year? Some of the past ways seemingly can't be topped but the gods always find a way. After all "Tampa has never won in over 35 degrees". . .remember? . . . "Hell, we are 14 point favorites at home against Carolina". . . . "Hey its the last game at the Vet. . . ", "Finally, the superbowl, . . . is that Donovan throwing up on the game winning drive? " . . . . "Thank God TO is going to play . . . what a warrior!" . . . . "Cmon, guys, its ARIZONA!!" . . . .Personally, I can't wait to see how the gods do it to you guys this year. Tis the season... Someone always eventually stands up to the bully. Thsi year will be no different and personally. . . I can't freakin wait! :eaglesuck

Your a redskins fan. Pipe down and go cheer for a team that can actually make it to the playoffs so they can "hopefully, maybe, fingers crossed" beat the Eagles because I can think of one team that can't. After all it's that time of year.

Nobody has cared about the redskins since Reagan was in office.

Some of the past ways seemingly can't be topped but the gods always find a way. After all "Tampa has never won in over 35 degrees". . .remember? . . . "Hell, we are 14 point favorites at home against Carolina". . . . "Hey its the last game at the Vet. . . ", "Finally, the superbowl, . . . is that Donovan throwing up on the game winning drive? " . . . . "Thank God TO is going to play . . . what a warrior!" . . . . "Cmon, guys, its ARIZONA!!" . . . .Personally, I can't wait to see how the gods do it to you guys this year. Tis the season... Someone always eventually stands up to the bully. Thsi year will be no different and personally. . . I can't freakin wait!

That's fantastic, Brotherz.:eaglesuck

I'm already hearing the "any given Sunday" talk from my eaglefan locals...

Haven't been around these parts in awhile... still see some of the old school posters here - what's up guys... Happy Holidays.

So... I log in here and what do I see - the annual Eagle fan bashing thread. All is right with the world.

I've been in a few of these threads over the years - always fun. For those of you that don't know me - born in Philly, but grew up in Rockville most of my adult life... Bleed Green and a die hard Eagles fan, married to a die hard Skins fans and the majority of my best friends in this world are die hard Skins fans who have had season tix going back many, many decades. So let's not act like I'm just a passive Eagles fan who knows nothing about the Skins fan base. Hell - I may have been at more Redskins games (vs. Philly and vs. many other teams) than many of you posters on this board.

So let me get my .02 cents in real quick.

The Eagles fan base has a bad reputation. Correct.

They have their share of a-holes. Correct.

Every team has their share of a-holes. Correct.

Most stories I hear about a "bad experience" at an Eagles game, especially by Skins fans - USUALLY are second hand stories by somebody who's brother's sister's aunt's boyfriend's little cousin experienced and it's like that game called "telephone". Fan gets the "a hole" chant directed his way at the game - and by the time the story hits the boards - there were gernades going off and 34 redneck Eagles fans all beat up a defensless 6 year old girl. Um - sure.

Here is what I find funny - I've seen ish at both RFK AND FedEx that is easily as bad, if not worse, than ANYTHING I've seen at the Linc and just about as bad as some of the stuff I saw as a kid in the VET in the late 70s early 80s.

I know many Skins fans like to think they are immune as a fan base, and they are so much more upper crust than Eagles fans... hey - if that gets you by year in and year out while your team continues to be a laughing stock - so be it. It's what has kept the reputation going - and frankly - it keeps a lot fans out of Philly's stadiums - so I'm all for it.

Never in my life have I been in a fight at an Eagles game. I have been involved in a fight at RFK though. Go figure - it was a Skins vs. Detroit game that I went to - and the fight was between 2 skins fans. Super - their group got into it with the group I was with and blah, blah, blah.

Skins fan violence on an opposing fan - never would happen, right?

Wrong - http://espn.go.com/page2/tvlistings/show134transcript.html

Long read - so let me highlight some for you -

MARK SCHWARZ, OUTSIDE THE LINES- Ed Allen can't help but wonder what he could have done differently. Surely none of this would have happened had he not rearranged his morning schedule as a personal trainer in order to attend a Monday Night Football game. Surely he could have prevented it had he not stopped on his way from Philly to D.C. to pick up a new Eagles jersey, something to wear proudly at FedEx Field to show Redskins fans where his heart was.

ALLEN- And we just thought, you know, everybody was going to know we were Eagles fans. You know, that was the point.

SCHWARZ- And maybe, just maybe, had he and his three friends -- Matt Brown, John Chynoweth and Chris Soto -- all wearing Eagles jerseys, not headed for the exit mid-way through the fourth quarter, he could have avoided what they say happened next.

As they started down the exit ramp, Matt lagged behind them. A woman alerted the other three that their friend was surrounded by a group of fans wearing Redskins jerseys.

MATT BROWN, ATTENDED EAGLES/REDSKINS GAME WITH ED ALLEN- And one gentleman pushed me, pushed him back, and at that point, just chaos pretty much came about.

JOHN CHYNOWETH, ATTENDED EAGLES/REDSKINS GAME WITH ED ALLEN- We all got there and started trying to break things up, and Ed was to my left, and I saw him get tackled from the side and fall over onto his back and basically hit his head, bounced off the ground. It was a pretty hard hit. It kind of sounded like an eggshell breaking.

ALLEN- Apparently, the same guy who knocked me down pretty much grabbed me by the shirt, as I was unconscious, and just beat on my face.

SCHWARZ- Moments later, Redskins fan Carl Sears decided to leave the game with his 14-year-old son.

CARL SEARS, WITNESS- We walked about 50 yards down the ramp, and we came across a guy who was totally flat out and unconscious on the concrete. And I initially thought he was a Redskins fan because he had a basically white jersey, but he was covered in blood. And that's why I thought he was a Redskins fan.

CHYNOWETH- Somebody was holding his neck for him so we could turn him over onto his side because the blood seemed to be running back down his throat, so he was having a hard time breathing at this point.

SEARS- It appeared to me that his head had been smashed on the concrete because his head was completely split open. He was covered in blood. And I really did -- I was fearful that it could have been a brain hemorrhage, or I was concerned for his very life.

SCHWARZ- Allen suffered several fractures to his face, requiring three hours of facial reconstructive surgery. Two titanium plates were inserted below his eyes, and his broken jaw was wired shut. Since the incident, Allen has lost 20 pounds and endured short-term memory loss. Dr. Eric Marchant, who performed the surgery, says that with just a few more punches, Allen's injuries could have been even worse.

DR. ERIC MARCHANT, PERFORMED RECONSTRUCTIVE FACIAL SURGERY ON ED ALLEN- And anything could have happened. I mean, he could have been more seriously injured -- I mean, serious brain damage, more than just a concussion but permanent brain injury, death.

SCHWARZ- Allen's mother, Pat, was forced to feed her 26-year-old son baby food. She maintains Ed did nothing wrong. He simply wore an Eagles jersey to a Redskins game in Washington.

PAT ALLEN, ED ALLEN'S MOTHER- Why wouldn't he wear the team that he loves? That's what he's loved since he's a little boy. He's a Philadelphia sports fan all the way.

SCHWARZ- You think that that was the only reason that you were the guy they picked?

ALLEN- That's the only reason I could see, yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see.... drunken violent behavior from the fanbase... nah, not Skins fans.. right?

Wrong again my friends - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/20/AR2005112001497.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again - I'm not saying that the Eagles fanbase doesn't deserve some of their reputation. All I am saying is that EVERY fan base has it's share. I know of whole lot of Eagles fans that have never been in a fight, never engage in demeaning trash talk, and are very successful professionals.

But keep on painting w/ that broad brush - honestly - most Eagles fans like myself love watching you all get your panties in a bunch over this topic. And as stated earlier - it keeps the Eagles games filled with mostly Eagles fans.. and that's okay by me. Trust me.

Hey - maybe you all should just expand F51 and those way cool Dead Tree Crew guys.... that'll sure help your argument about fan bases won't it.

Haven't been around these parts in awhile... still see some of the old school posters here - what's up guys... Happy Holidays.

So... I log in here and what do I see - the annual Eagle fan bashing thread. All is right with the world.

Happy Holidays to you too Terps!

Archived