Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Philly fans

daviddsims

Real or Fake?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake?

Your a redskins fan. Pipe down and go cheer for a team that can actually make it to the playoffs so they can "hopefully, maybe, fingers crossed" beat the Eagles because I can think of one team that can't. After all it's that time of year.

Nobody has cared about the redskins since Reagan was in office.

Seems pretty irrelevant to the topic at hand. But nice deflecting.

wonder-woman.jpg

I’m so sick and tired of coming in and reading crap about Philly fans in general. People take something, then go back, and rehash everything that has happened in the past, isolating a bunch of incidents and putting them into one summary making them sound worse than they are.

I did not see the video, since work blocks youtube, so I won’t comment on it til later. But the other stuff I will.

Again, Philly fan base deserves some of their reputation – and Philly fan base is PROUD OF IT. I love the fact I can go to a Flyers playoff game (Like last year against Pitt), and every Penguin fan have a hard time because people talk trash. I like the fact that when I go to a Phillies game in DC, 3/4ths of the crowd is Phillies fans, travel well, and support their teams. I love the fact that when the Sixers are struggling, no one shows up to games and sends a message “Do something about it”, and they bring back AI, and the place Sells out because they recognize AI’s accomplishments, give him his due, and appreciate the attempt on behalf of the organization.

I enjoy Philly fans, because they don’t take crap from players. You wanna half-ass your effort, we don’t want you hear (See: Hartnell, Scott). You decline to sign with the team that drafts you 2nd overall, because you want $10 million when the first overall pick got $2.5 million, you and your brother will get booed to no end everytime you walk in the stadium, along with as much said to you as possible from the stands (See Drew, JD – Drew, Stephen).

I love Philly fans because they will respect what you do, and show it. Pat Burrell, who struggled many times as a player, got booed plenty as a player on the Phils because his struggles. But through it all, never said one bad thing about the fans. Never. And when he came back for the first time in an opposing jersey, he received a standing ovation. Then the second game against his old team, hits a homerun, and receives a standing ovation until he rounded the bases and was in the dugout.

And you know what – I go to the Skins Eagles game every year dressed head to toe in Redskins gear. Because although I was born in Philly and love everything Philly, I grew up a skins fan, and I will always support them, and never be a b**** and not wear the colors. And I’ll tell you what, each game there is one thing that is done by a single person or group that is just dumb, but there are a multitude of fans that will sit there and discuss the game and the teams with you. It’s simple, don’t engage with the morons, and engage yourself with the knowledgable fans.

And don’t tell me at DC sporting events there aren’t Morons. I go to the Flyers Caps game at the Verizon Center each year, this year twice, and I hear s*** all the time. But I don’t engage. The same thing said to me from Eagles fans are said by Caps fans. Its when you engage and retaliate with words it escalates.

So don’t sit on here and say Philly deserves the crap they get, they get enough from the Media and people like you bad mouthing a WHOLE ENTIRE FANBASE when a few people ruin it. I see some people in here who should be clarifying their comments, but no, they just call a whole city trash, you my friends are not helping the discussion. And yes, everything in Philly is magnified, because everyone knows it’s the city that threw batteries, or this, or that, etc.

Other cities don’t get this much attention for what their fanbases do at all, and it’s a nationwide thing. I bet you if a Eagles fan poured a beer on Chris Cooley while he was on the bench, it would be remembered and re-introduced into anti-philly arguments for years to come by everyone….

…but I bet you without looking it up most of you wouldn’t know what fanbase the fan was from when a beer was poured into Shane Victorino’s face when he tried to make a catch last year.

Nobody has cared about the redskins since Reagan was in office.

Nobody has cared about the Eagles since...well, nobody has ever cared about the Eagles. ;)

The most press the Eagles have ever recieved was due to the Rush Limbaugh incident, in contrast to actual on the field accomplishments.

Historically the worst franchise in the East, or as most would say, the Least of the Beast! :finger:

You know you have a city full of morons, as somebody else already pointed out, when the local hero is a fictitious boxer.

Although I’m sure you won’t read all of that and this, just to expand, I really enjoy it on this site. I’ll engage in chats here, post here, spend time here because I’m a skins fan. But I’ll also add stuff to both the Nationals and Caps forums (maybe when the sixers get good and I start watching I’ll post in the wizards), and I have received great respect from the regular posters there, and I thank them. However, there are a few people who have told me to eff off and don’t engage in conversation because I’m an opposing fan. That’s fine, that’s how some Philly fans are. So don’t say they aren’t in your fanbase, when they are there and you ignore them.

Eagles fans are trash. Its that simple. That's why they are constantly being talked about like animals and quite franjly other than some of you posters in this thread most of the eagle fans LOVE that they are seen this way. They eat their tasty kakes and talk abotu how tough they are. If you look at the moron who posted the video that started this off in you tube you see he puts "yea, this is what you get when you come to our house". Im gonna bet that guy lives in his mother's basement right off of south street. For the most part their entire existences are wrapped up in being a part of the animals who make up that fan base. They are bullies. Plain and simple. Just like the team they support and as soon as it gets close to being a winner they start choking and wallah, they fall apart. . . again. That idiot Cataldi, that fur coat wearing moron eskin who just abuses the entire fan base and calls them idiots while they slurp him, even that idiot mayor/governor. What a joke you people are. Isn't there an eagles board out there where you can all go yell "yo adrian!!" together? Win ONE. Just ONE. Then come talk to me about how "relevant" we are. 11 titles in this division. ELEVEN. You don't have one. You won the coin toss with Arizona to get the boot out of our division and you talk down to us on our board? Wow. You guys are best known for your chicken wing eating contest. You lose all credibility when you actually try to argue that your fanbase is just like every other. You gotta be kidding. You lose even more credibility when you come into a board boasting three lombardis and start talking about relevancy. I'll see you all in three weeks when minny bounces you on your asses again.

Although I’m sure you won’t read all of that and this, just to expand, I really enjoy it on this site. I’ll engage in chats here, post here, spend time here because I’m a skins fan. But I’ll also add stuff to both the Nationals and Caps forums (maybe when the sixers get good and I start watching I’ll post in the wizards), and I have received great respect from the regular posters there, and I thank them. However, there are a few people who have told me to eff off and don’t engage in conversation because I’m an opposing fan. That’s fine, that’s how some Philly fans are. So don’t say they aren’t in your fanbase, when they are there and you ignore them.

Seriously, and just be honest in front of everyone watching here. I am not talking about one or two idiots. I will agree with the overall sentiment that there are idiots in every fan base. I am not saying there isn't a jerk redskin fan anywhere on the planet. Of course there is. I am talking about the relative percentages of fans. Are you going to seriously suggest that the eagles fan base and the redskins fan base have the same percentage of morons who are willing to push 10 year olds down the stairs at their stadium for wearing the opposing team's colors? Go ahead and tell us you believe that so the rest of what you are saying can be put in proper context.

You either acknowledge that your fan base has a significant percentage of drunk, violent, borderline anti-social/psychotic idiots in it or you lose all of your credibility in here. Anyone, who REALLY knows that fan base knows the truth. They are neanderthals. That doesn't mean decent iggle fans don't exist. Im not saying that. I am saying whhat the original poster was pointing out. Throwing iceballs relentlessly at a visiting fan who is just sitting down in the seat he paid for is quintessential philly bullying. And just like any other bully, if it was just one on one I guarantee no snowballs are getting thrown.

The fans in that video are DISGUSTING. Defend it til your blue in the face. Tell us how "normal" that is. Go ahead. Those are two guys who paid their money to watch a football game and no less than a hundred morons assault them with iceballs. Its physical violence. If it was one time, I'd say, hey they got carried away but you know as well as I do (I lived in that disgusting city for a dozen years) that is par for the course. I have seen them literally beat kids. They were on National news a few years ago for fights during a monday night game. They had a freakin jail IN THEIR STADIUM. And they were PROUD of it.

So go ahead and tell me again how there is no difference in our fan bases? Or are you like the rest of your troll buddies on our board going to point out that our team sucks this year as your defense to the animals pelting those people with ice balls for having the temerity to buy a ticket to watch their team play football. Freakin goons.

Great video. You are not welcome to attend Eagles games if you are not an Eagles fan. It's that simple. You ask for trouble and you will find it.

My point personified. Listen to this guy. BUYING a ticket to a football game is "asking for trouble". These two people in this video BUYING a ticket to a football game got them physically assaulted by a hundred people who don't like the team they root for. I bet they all feel real tough. Because that's so courageous. Launching iceballs with a hundred other people against two people sitting down facing the other way. You sure showed them. Tough guys.

Great video. You are not welcome to attend Eagles games if you are not an Eagles fan. It's that simple. You ask for trouble and you will find it.

Ok, so I think I might save this comment for the future next some some Eagle fan brings up one of your own being verbally harassed at a 'Skins game and tries to equate the 2 incidents.

"Well they shouldn't have come to the game, it's their own fault. They were asking for it merely by being there, serves them right!"

Nobody should have to look too far to find video of skins fans pelting opposing fans during snow since we just had a game with a foot of snow. Anyone got that video yet? I don't understand since every fan base is the same, how is it that we don't have video of our fans violently attacking opposing fans with snowballs for daring to come root for their team?

Are you going to seriously suggest that the eagles fan base and the redskins fan base have the same percentage of morons who are willing to push 10 year olds down the stairs at their stadium for wearing the opposing team's colors? You either acknowledge that your fan base has a significant percentage of drunk, violent, borderline anti-social/psychotic idiots in it or you lose all of your credibility in here. Anyone, who REALLY knows that fan base knows the truth. They are neanderthals.

YOu pick out one happening, that i dont even know if it's true, to define moron. Please see below, when i comment further on hitting kids. But yes, i think the Eagle's have more morons, but i think for the most part each fan base has about the same amount of morons who cross the line. And no, i dont put verbal stuff crossing the line becase you get that everywhere you go, yes, even DC.

The fans in that video are DISGUSTING. Defend it til your blue in the face.

I cannot speak on the video, like i stated, i have yet to watch it.

I have seen them literally beat kids. They were on National news a few years ago for fights during a monday night game.

I never read, or heard anything about kids being beat up, is there a link? this is, indeed, pathetic and no philly fan should be proud of. And i'm sure 99.9% of the fanbase thinks this is pathetic, and that once person represents that .1%.

They had a freakin jail IN THEIR STADIUM. And they were PROUD of it.

Yup. Because it made other fans not want to go to the games. Last year's Pittsburgh game caused the biggest uproar that Steelers fans overtook fed ex. Well that would never happen in Philly because of the intimidation factor

So go ahead and tell me again how there is no difference in our fan bases? Or are you like the rest of your troll buddies on our board going to point out that our team sucks this year as your defense to the animals pelting those people with ice balls for having the temerity to buy a ticket to watch their team play football. Freakin goons.

Thanks for reading my post and commenting :doh:. First off - i'm not a troll, i've been on this board LONGER THAN YOU. Also, i'm a Skins fan, did you miss that little fact?

Nobody should have to look too far to find video of skins fans pelting opposing fans during snow since we just had a game with a foot of snow. Anyone got that video yet? I don't understand since every fan base is the same, how is it that we don't have video of our fans violently attacking opposing fans with snowballs for daring to come root for their team?

Because 15 minutes into the game Giants fans outnumbered skins fans becuase they were out the door. it wouldn't have been a fair fight. haha

Ok, so I think I might save this comment for the future next some some Eagle fan brings up one of your own being verbally harassed at a 'Skins game and tries to equate the 2 incidents.

"Well they shouldn't have come to the game, it's their own fault. They were asking for it merely by being there, serves them right!"

We are wasting our time. Its like trying to explain to a pitbull that they don't HAVE to attack the other dog just because its there. They just don't understand. Since they were kids their drunk fathers have been punching out opposing fans and throwing objects at people for rooting against their beloved iggles. Its all they know. They honestly believe that its something to be proud of. They actually think winging hundreds of iceballs at people who are sitting in their seats watching a game is them demonstrating their "toughness". And the ESPN's of the world just encourage it by putting these people who are starved for attention on TV and calling them tough.

Because 15 minutes into the game Giants fans outnumbered skins fans becuase they were out the door. it wouldn't have been a fair fight.

Good one. See that's funny!! I can take that. I notice you didn't mention the behavior of the morons who threw iceballs at those poor people sitting in the seats they paid for. I am still very interested in the whole "eagles fans are just like everyone else" argument. Because up to now, all I know about eagles fans is that mom always said not to feed them from the table.

Interesting, I've always wondered if that story was ever reported. I was at that game (pretty sure it was the infamous pepper spray game) and was seated 20 feet away from where the incident occurred. We could feel the "thud" when the guy hit the wall. My friend left his seat to see what all the commotion was about and came back and said he thought he just saw a dead guy on the ground. I've never seen that transcript. I called around the news stations the next day to see if anything was reported. I always just figured Redskins security covered it up.

I'm not here to pile on Number5, but I do want to say that I'm sure every team does have it's a-hole fans and every team's fans pops up once in a blue moon for doing trashy things, but only one fanbase comes through every season (sometimes 2-3 times per season) with absolutely deplorable fan behavior.

The Philthadelphia Knuckledraggers. They never disappoint. Sorry, Number5. I like you but your fanbase is awful.

You admit you didn't see the video then go on a page and half rant about how its just like every other fan base. I am not surprised that I have to explain why that is absurd. Its an assault. People should have been arrested for it. Its disgusting. Plain and simple and you defend it without even knowing what your talking about. Then again, why would i expect anything different. Have I "elaborated" enough on why it doesn't make a very credible argument to comment about something you have no idea about?

Ya see usually, when someone jumps into the middle of a conversation and starts defending the actions of a hundred people in physically attacking two defenseless individuals, and there is a video posting of the attack that forms the basis of the entire discussion one would actually go watch the video FIRST and then enlighten us all on why what it shows doesn't merely depict a bunch of drunk morons trying to feel better about the pathetic lives they lead. Do you understand now? Do you need me to explain it more for you? I can always find a village idiot to translate into philly if you want.QUOTE]

No, if you read my original post it was more about the fact that Philly gets blown up by media and other teams fans around the US, to an extreme that is above and beyond any other team. It seems Philly's incidents become nationally known, when other teams are swept under the rug and forgotten.

People moved on from comments on the video and got off topic and many things were repeated that Philly fans here constantly, because of a select few morons go to far. Then there are morons who try to top those morons, and it snowballs.

I'm not here to pile on Number5, but I do want to say that I'm sure every team does have it's a-hole fans and every team's fans pops up once in a blue moon for doing trashy things, but only one fanbase comes through every season (sometimes 2-3 times per season) with absolutely deplorable fan behavior.

The Philthadelphia Knuckledraggers. They never disappoint. Sorry, Number5. I like you but your fanbase is awful.

This is an example that pisses me off "Fanbase is awful". No, the FANBASE IS GREAT.

It's a few (drunk) morons that take it too far. People shoudln't be so ignorant in their comments.

This is an example that pisses me off "Fanbase is awful". No, the FANBASE IS GREAT.

It's a few (drunk) morons that take it too far. People shoudln't be so ignorant in their comments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Eagles#Eagles_fans

-Bounty Bowl parts I and II, especially II where a barrage of snowballs and batteries from the stands forced police to escort Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson, off the field.

-At the November 10, 1997, game against the San Francisco 49ers, featuring a fan with a flare gun, a large brawl on an upper level, and an Eagles fan being mauled because his friend was wearing a New York Giants jacket; all leading to six arrests and 269 ejections from the stadium, as well as a ban on beer sales for the remainder of the season and the introduction of the famous "Eagles Court" in the stadium's basement

-Pelting Santa with snowballs

-Cheering the Michael Irving career-ending injury

And of course, there were the "few drunk" Eagle fans who beat Chief Zee to within an inch of his life in Philly back in the day.

I guess on the plus side we should be applauding the Philly fans for toning it down. At least these were just snowball, no batteries inside them and no glass bottles in their place.

At the end of the day its tough to talk abotu a "fan base" without insulting the exceptions. The guys posting in here generally are not the people I am talking about. I think their defense of their fanbase is misplaced but obviously, there are exceptions and you have to make sterotypes and generalizations when talking about something as intangible as a "fanbase". I mean no disrespect to the INDIVIDUALS here in the forum. The "fanbase" as a whole is disgusting in my opinion.

Apparently you didn't watch the video. I fail to see how "a few drunk morons" could have thrown a hundred snowballs. That was the act of an entire seating section at least.

You admit you didn't see the video then go on a page and half rant about how its just like every other fan base. I am not surprised that I have to explain why that is absurd. Its an assault. People should have been arrested for it. Its disgusting. Plain and simple and you defend it without even knowing what your talking about. Then again, why would i expect anything different. Have I "elaborated" enough on why it doesn't make a very credible argument to comment about something you have no idea about?

Ya see usually, when someone jumps into the middle of a conversation and starts defending the actions of a hundred people in physically attacking two defenseless individuals, and there is a video posting of the attack that forms the basis of the entire discussion one would actually go watch the video FIRST and then enlighten us all on why what it shows doesn't merely depict a bunch of drunk morons trying to feel better about the pathetic lives they lead. Do you understand now? Do you need me to explain it more for you? I can always find a village idiot to translate into philly if you want.QUOTE]

No, if you read my original post it was more about the fact that Philly gets blown up by media and other teams fans around the US, to an extreme that is above and beyond any other team. It seems Philly's incidents become nationally known, when other teams are swept under the rug and forgotten.

People moved on from comments on the video and got off topic and many things were repeated that Philly fans here constantly, because of a select few morons go to far. Then there are morons who try to top those morons, and it snowballs.

Superozman, Twice i have tried to edit/remove my post that you quoted. I apologize that I didn't get it before you saw it. It was inappropriate to talk to you that way and I do apologize. I can't go slamming your fanbase for being classless and then sink there myself. My apologies.

Archived