Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Nike isn't doing anything. The team and the league are the ones that have a final say one a change. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Nike is going to change every teams jerseys and logos. They have no final say on that.

I have been saying this and saying it. I don't know why people think Nike can change the design, the only thing they have contol over is the material. I'm beginning to think us two are the only ones who think this.

Edited by RANSKINS98

That uni is one of the better ones I've seen. I like the way it blends the spear, the current look, and the feather helmet. Although, I'm not sure what I think of that feather helmet...I like the current one, and the spear better.

redskinfeather%20helmet%20group.jpg

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 08:22 PM ----------

Another case of new uniforms sucking...seriously, do the young folks think this new UGA uniform is better than the classic? I'm thinking not, b/c some of the players asked the coach to NOT wear the pro combat uniforms and just stick with the classic look.

304359_236031836432104_161215620580393_590737_180528_n.jpg

AJGreen.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

Guest Spearfeather
I still think to my eye that the current Jersey is a shade lighter than the one I linked. ALSO, I did say make the one I linked a few shades darker. Make sense?

It wasn't really a question of it making sense, to me. I was just trying to pin down the shade of burgundy you were talking about. You mentioned the Jurgensen photo, and I pointed out that the color is very similar to what we have now. It's been clear for a while that you are for a darker shade of burgundy or maybe even maroon.

redskins-nike-uniform-concept.jpg

Click the pic for Hi Res

I submit our humble offering from SOW. I like how it has some new school concepts but def has throwback as well. It's like a new school retro (if that makes any sense).

We are also doing a new uni design contest thingy that we hope you guys will get involved in. Info here in this thread. http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?362077-SOW-Redskins-Uniform-Design-Contest-(Let-s-Get-Creative-ES)-With-New-Uniform-Design-in-the-OP

Edited by rd421

Jesus, those Georgia jerseys are awesome. Best helmet I've ever seen..before Oregon's chrome domes.

I love 95% of the NIKE Pro Combat jerseys.

But, IMO, the best uniform in the NFL belongs to the Rams..Their throwbacks.

/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. I've always thought the old school Rams unis were legit. I'll also go with the Lions darker powder blues with the all silver helmet.

Edited by PeterKingsIllegitimateKid

Jesus, those Georgia jerseys are awesome. Best helmet I've ever seen..before Oregon's chrome domes.

I love 95% of the NIKE Pro Combat jerseys.

But, IMO, the best uniform in the NFL belongs to the Rams..Their throwbacks.

Are you serious? They are hideous, unless you really like the Power Rangers or something. Terrible uniforms, and I think it's telling that not even the players wanted to wear them. Good football schools don't need gimmicky uniforms to recruit top talent. Take a look at Alabama. Top recruiting every year, with some of the most basic uniforms out there.

I do agree with you about the rams though. I prefer the lighter blue and yellow look much more than their current navy blue with gold. Something about that color "gold" I just don't like. The Rams and the Saints are the only examples I can think of now that wear it. I hope the Redskins never consider something like that. I'm all for darker gold like the 70th Anniversary uniforms, but not the fugly gold the Rams / Saints have.

Are you serious? They are hideous, unless you really like the Power Rangers or something. Terrible uniforms, and I think it's telling that not even the players wanted to wear them. Good football schools don't need gimmicky uniforms to recruit top talent. Take a look at Alabama. Top recruiting every year, with some of the most basic uniforms out there.

I do agree with you about the rams though. I prefer the lighter blue and yellow look much more than their current navy blue with gold. Something about that color "gold" I just don't like. The Rams and the Saints are the only examples I can think of now that wear it. I hope the Redskins never consider something like that. I'm all for darker gold like the 70th Anniversary uniforms, but not the fugly gold the Rams / Saints have.

IMO, I think this is a case of the Uni's looking way better on the players themselves than on the manikin.

Shea+McClellin+Boise+State+v+Georgia+veUtAVIgK_wl.jpg

Those helmets..Man...They're so clean.

So I guess you're a big fan of just normal looking jerseys, ay? I am well...not.

Bama, Oklahoma, Penn State,and The NFL Giants jerseys are just so boring. Although I am a fan of the Gmen's red jerseys.

But, my favorite jerseys in all of College football are pretty conservative if you ask me:

MaehlreadyvsCal09_display_image.jpg?1283192286

Yeah, I favor the clean, classic look. Not that I'm anti new, but from what I've seen, they are cool for a few years, then look stupid. With the classic look, they never go out. Like with that Rams throwback, the Raiders, the Giants, Jets, and even the Redskins to an extent with the gold pants. They all look good to me. For the most part I really like the current Redskins uniforms, but wouldn't mind seeing a few minor tweaks.

The Oregon throwback uniforms you posted are exactly the type I like. It looked good years ago, looks good today, and will still look good in the future. The UGA Power Ranger uniforms will not have staying power. Too many people like the classic look, and IMO, for good reason considering the alternative.

When you're not young anymore, you'll hate the new things. Every team in the NFL with "new" uniforms looks stupid. Out of curiosity, what would you like to see that is so new? I mean, it's a football uniform. Tight pants, with tight jerseys...How much "newness" do you want to see? What are some examples? I know a lot of younguns, and they also hate the tacky "new" style of teams like Seattle, Cincy, etc...

You tell me, does the throwback or the new one look better?

honestly I dont think either of those look good. I'm not saying that "new" has to be flashy and tacky, i just want something different. I know people get tired of the FSU comparisons but something similar to this would make me happy, of course with the colors changed to BnG

fsu-nike-pro-combat-uniform.jpg

For something different, I wouldn't mind a gold jersey with burgundy pants. I don't have much to go on because a bunch of the mock ups I've seen I haven't liked, but to give you an idea, something like this:

Gold Quarterback Practice Jersey

I wish they sold those jerseys. I remember when they came out with the "quarterback practice jerseys" on NFL shop and all of them were red. They shoulda taken the time to actually find out which colors each team actually used :doh:

• 1 month later...

I'm Just curious with a culture change at redskins park that's ongoing and a new face of the franchise being drafted this year (RG3). Should the Redskins have Nike give them a 3 jersey ? Don't get me wrong .. ever since I was born in 79 I have loved our traditional jerseys and uniforms .. (well except the white on white and the burgundy on burgundy)..

I was just thinking if you're rebooting the culture and franchise with youth and a POSSIBLE franchise QB .. Should the Redskins stop there or also introduce a third alternate jersey with Nike taking over April 3rd?

:dallasuck

I'll go first...

Absolutely. I am a huge traditionalist, but when I saw those black uniforms (I know they aren't real... at least not yet) I got so excited. Let's keep the same model, but modernize it a little bit.

That'll pump up the players as well.

That said, I don't want them to go overboard like Maryland or Oregon has.

I'm Just curious with a culture change at redskins park that's ongoing and a new face of the franchise being drafted this year (RG3). Should the Redskins have Nike give them a 3 jersey ? Don't get me wrong .. ever since I was born in 79 I have loved our traditional jerseys and uniforms .. (well except the white on white and the burgundy on burgundy)..

I was just thinking if you're rebooting the culture and franchise with youth and a POSSIBLE franchise QB .. Should the Redskins stop there or also introduce a third alternate jersey with Nike taking over April 3rd?

:dallasuck

You just had to take a shot at the White on White jerseys :no:

Yes I want a 3rd jersey.

Pssstttt. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 1,556,325 other uni threads and I'm guessing the MODS may be digging through the tool box looking for the ban hammer. Not trying to be the thread police. Just trying to help a brother out for future reference.

I'd be down with changing up some minor things, the shoulder trim or maybe the stripe on the pants. Want to keep the colors/helmet/logo intact.

I'd still like to see the logo itself updated. Not changed name-wise, just "modernized" if that's the right word.

Something like:

http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q564/tibbidoe/?action=view&current=MyRedskinsLogoLarge.jpg

I suck at the photoshop whatever and had to do it with Paint, so please ignore the rough look of it.

(I take no credit for the face logo, I just wanted to try and get my idea of "updated" across).

Edited by tibbidoe