Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Ohio teacher claims discrimination due to her fear of children

Larry

Link.

A teacher from Mariemont, Ohio, is suing her school district, claiming discrimination. What makes the case unique is that the teacher, Maria Waltherr-Willard, suffers from pedophobia, a crippling fear of young children. She claims her disability led to the discrimination.

But then, further down the article, "the rest of the story":

The backstory, as described by the Enquirer, goes as follows: Waltherr-Willard taught foreign languages in high school for many years. Several years ago, word got to her that her district was considering putting those classes online, a move that would have had an effect on her position.

Waltherr-Willard apparently spoke to parents about the district's decision to eliminate face-to-face French courses. Parents spoke out, and the district was not amused that one of its teachers was stirring the pot. Waltherr-Willard claims she was sent to teach at junior high as a kind of punishment for speaking out. She eventually resigned her position.

Reminds me of the Houston Rockets guy who declares for the draft, cashes the check and then refuses to travel with the team because he's afraid of flying.

Not really. If she was afraid of all people then it'd be similar. She could still do her job as long as they put her in a high school. Seems to me like she should start focusing more on why she has an irrational fear of kids.

Not really. If she was afraid of all people then it'd be similar. She could still do her job as long as they put her in a high school. Seems to me like she should start focusing more on why she has an irrational fear of kids.

Well, now, junior high kids are monsters. :)

Well, now, junior high kids are monsters. :)

As a former junior high student, I agree.

7th grade is the deepest pit of hell as far as I am concerned.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 07:05 PM ----------

As a former middle school special Ed teacher I think Larry is right

Wow. You ARE a masochist.

If it were true she would "volunteer' to lead the charge that makes her class an 'online' class.

She was doing the opposite until caught.

Did you actually read the article?

Putting the classes online, at least the way it's reported, would likely have meant they wouldn't have had a position for her, at least not a full-time one.

Maria Waltherr-Willard, suffers from pedophobia, a crippling fear of young children. She claims her disability led to the discrimination.

I can think of one phobia where the media paints sufferers as bigoted instead of letting some troops claim it as a disability :D:rolleyes:

I call bull****. Jr. High School kids are ages 11-14 if your looking at grades 6 through 8. Which is considered middle school. If its a true Jr. High like I went to, its grades 7-9, which is ages 12-15. Based on the age group alone, I call bull**** on this *****. She needs to **** off and quit trying to make the world feel sorry for her. Her teaching a kid thats 14 is no different than her teaching a kid thats 15 or 16 in a high school. She's full of **** and a ****ing liar. I hope she loses the law suit and her job. Plenty of people would love to have her job and she has to make **** up. I have never in my life heard of a phobia of little kids. And if it does exist, its not Jr. High school age.

This dumb ***** is exactly what is wrong with how Americans act nowdays. **** her, I hope she ends up homeless in a ****ing cardboard box.

Plenty of people would love to have her job and she has to make **** up. I have never in my life heard of a phobia of little kids. And if it does exist, its not Jr. High school age.

Translation: I have done no research on this subject, and as a result I have no informed opinion. However, I will freely present my uninformed opinion. Since I'm not sure what else to say, I will show you how many four letter words I know.

Translation: I have done no research on this subject, and as a result I have no informed opinion. However, I will freely present my uninformed opinion. Since I'm not sure what else to say, I will show you how many four letter words I know.

Yeah, when you have a decent vocabulary it seems unnecessary to curse so much. Especially when you have time to think about what you're writing.

Just because I curse like a sailor doesn't mean I dont have a decent/good vocabulary. Get over yourself, why in the **** do you care if I choose to curse or not?

Just my opinion, but the impression I get is that he wasn't criticizing the cursing that wasn't even there, anyway.

IMO, he was pointing out that cursing was all your post had.

Archived