Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most dreaded postseason stadiums?

RichmondRedskin88

So not to ahead of ourselves but since Seattle(CenturyLink) keeps getting brought up with every mention of potential playoffs I thought this might be a good thread.

Looking at Houston, NE, Steelers,Baltimore, Seattle,Fedex(potential), 49ers,Green Bay etc(teams with potential home games) which ones you be your dreaded stadiums to enter as a opposing team? (I know AFC doesn't affect us but I thought I might as well throw them in).

If I had list

1.Seattle-Something is just wrong about that place

2. New England- Brady, at home, in the cold, in the playoffs. Need I say more?

3.Green Bay- It's Lambeau.

4. Steelers- Teams don't win there in postseason.

5. Fedex- should the Skins make the playoffs you have years of frustration ready to come out of fans and a RGIII as well.Fedex has had 1 playoff game so who knows what the atmosphere could be like. Possibly top 2 or 1.

Hands down Seattle and Chicago.

If we make the playoffs as a wildcard, I don't want us going to Seattle again. I'd rather win the division and has those chumps come here. Same with Chicago. But man, oh man, if we win the division and have a home playoff game, I can guarantee we won't lose that first game. Don't matter who it's against.

Amazing that the Packers didn't lose their first home playoff game until 2003. A streak which spanned three different home stadiums for the Pack.

Despite the recent home losses in the post season, I'd still hate to have to go to GB, but winning up there would be extra awesome.

I'm a huge Orioles fan, and I had the priviledge of attending the first home playoff game in 15 years at Camden Yards. Granted the Birds lost to the Yankees that night, but the atmosphere was absolutely electric. (I'm sure the same was true at the Nats' games as well.) Years and years of losing and watching other teams celebrate will do that to you. So with that said, I would think that a home playoff game at FedEx this year would take on similar qualities. It could be a spectacle that people talk about for years to come.

Seattle and its not even close....we can run the ball so im not worried about Chicago or GB.....an average Seattle team can win over a better team simply b/c of homefield.
I totally agree! That stadium has a curse against opposing teams, no matter how bad Seattle is and how good opponents are. Example the 7-9 Seahawks beating the world champion Saints. But RFK was a very hard stadium for opponents, hopefully Fed Ex will have the chance and become just like it in post season. So far 1-0 in post season in Fed Ex, lets make it 2-0 this season!

Seattle's up there, but Lambeau in the dead of Winter with the whole freaking town out in force against you has to take top spot. Giants Stadium too, or whatever Hell name they call the place across the lot. Still traumatized from Schroeder and a shut-out in 5000 MPH winds there back in the '80's.

Chicago- Meh, for those of us long in the tooth, they hold no fear come playoff time wherever it's played.

Hail.

I WAS THERE at Qwest Field when Marshawn Lynch made the "Beast Mode" run against the saints (I was living in Seattle at the time). Never have I experienced anything like that. Its the most memorable moment I've ever had at a sporting event in my entire life. Probably the loudest noise I've ever heard. I pray the Redskins never have to play there in the post-season.

The Seahawks crowd was so loud during Marshawn's run, they triggered a minor earthquake in downtown Seattle

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/10/marshawn-lynch-touchdown-seahawks-earthquake_n_806940.html

John Vidale, director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, says that a seismic monitoring station about 100 yards west of the stadium registered seismic activity during Lynch's fourth-quarter run that clinched Seattle's 41-36 victory.

The only way the Redskins would have to go to Seattle would be if the Seahawks won their division, or something fluky happened. (By that I mean that the Redskins got the 6th seed and Seattle the 5th & those two teams trickled into the NFC Championship game.) At this point it's looking like SF is going to win the NFC West, so odds are the whole Seattle conversation is beside the point. They might have to go out to SF (which isn't easy either due to their crowd and the sheer distance), but probably not Seattle. I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins have to play the Seahawks at some point, but if so it would probably be at FedEx.

Call me crazy... But I'm hoping the Skins, Cowboys, AND Giants make it to the playoffs this year. Why? Because we'd play the Cowboys at home in the wild card (they've never beaten us at home in the playoffs)... the Giants would take care of the 49ers in SF (they own SF)... We'd go to Atlanta (the stadium/team I fear the least)... NY would then go to GB and take care of them (the Giants own the Packers also)... and then the Giants would come back to FedEx for the NFC Championship!

You know what - there is a good chance Seattle has to come HERE.....and they are TERRIBLE on the road going from West to East.

If I recall - and I might be wrong here - the last time the Seahawks came here was for a regular season game when Gibbs was the coach. It was a 1 PM Sunday kickoff, and the Redskins won in OT. I seem to recall some complaining about the early start (10 AM according to their body clocks) and about the Redskins' crowd noise coming from the Seattle lockerroom after the game. It'd be cool to play them at 1 PM at FedEx if they meet in the playoffs.

I totally agree! That stadium has a curse against opposing teams, no matter how bad Seattle is and how good opponents are. Example the 7-9 Seahawks beating the world champion Saints. But RFK was a very hard stadium for opponents, hopefully Fed Ex will have the chance and become just like it in post season. So far 1-0 in post season in Fed Ex, lets make it 2-0 this season!

I think that may have to do with the fact that on offense you usually have a split-second advantage at the snap of the ball. In Seattle, you don't get that. I think that really hurts the running game (something the Saints do well when they are wining). I remember when I was there for the playoff game in 2008, they stoned our running game for the first 3 quarters, but if we get the TD after the fumbled KO, I bet CP would have ended up with over 100 yards because that stadium was very quiet when Mix ran into the end zone.

What is it with our fans wanting to beat our division rivals in the playoffs? I don't want the Giants, Cowboys or Eagles anywhere near the playoffs? I don't give a rats ass who we beat in the playoffs. I want them on the outside looking in while we journey to another Lombardi. I want each of them to have losing records each year so I can laugh at their ineptitude. No, I don't want them in the playoffs. I want us in the playoffs. Screw the rest of the NFC East.

If I recall - and I might be wrong here - the last time the Seahawks came here was for a regular season game when Gibbs was the coach. It was a 1 PM Sunday kickoff, and the Redskins won in OT. I seem to recall some complaining about the early start (10 AM according to their body clocks) and about the Redskins' crowd noise coming from the Seattle lockerroom after the game. It'd be cool to play them at 1 PM at FedEx if they meet in the playoffs.

They are like 1-8 since 2007 going from West to East

What is it with our fans wanting to beat our division rivals in the playoffs? I don't want the Giants, Cowboys or Eagles anywhere near the playoffs? I don't give a rats ass who we beat in the playoffs. I want them on the outside looking in while we journey to another Lombardi. I want each of them to have losing records each year so I can laugh at their ineptitude. No, I don't want them in the playoffs. I want us in the playoffs. Screw the rest of the NFC East.

I'd rather be the best team in the division when the rest of the division is actually good. The same way it was back in our "glory days." I want to be able to brag about our team being at the top of the best division in the NFL... not like the Eagles of the past decade when they kept winning and the rest of the division hovered around 5-11 and 7-9. Plus I think it'll be more satisfying to say "I sent you home!", instead of "you don't even get to play in January!"

Archived