Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com: Browns thought Robert Griffin III was 'too small'(M.E.T.)

chunglao

i guess thats why they bid on the pick and then cried "collusion" when STL went with the Redskins offer. That makes sense.

When did they claim "collusion"? Holmgren said he believed the relationships between Shanahan/Fisher and Allen/Demoff lead to us winning out. Different than collusion.

Weeden: Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)Weight: 222 lb (101 kg)

Griffin: Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)Weight: 223 lb (101 kg)

2 inches shorter is "too small "? So small infact, that they would prefer a 28 year old rookie? With numerous holes in his game relative to Griffin? Revisionist history fits well.

lol @ revisionist history]

Much like how Holmgren assured the fans on a conference call that the Browns' bid to move up to #2 was "every bit" as good as ours, ignoring that their supposedly better offer was made after the deadline that the Rams had made clear to everyone interested, including the Browns.

The Browns are gearing up for a disaster of a season. The QB "competition" between McCoy and Weeden is laughable (as Skins fans can appreciate). The Weeden pick itself was baffling; not that he's a bad QB, but how anyone can consider him an upgrade over McCoy--especially one worthy of a first-round pick--is beyond me. Then, whoever "wins" that competition still has no weapons to work with, as the Browns hardly did anything to upgrade their WR corps. Richardson is fantastic, but he'll still be a rookie behind an iffy OL, and the Browns' last-minute trade-up to pick him at #3 is a head-scratcher.

"Grossi says Weeden has the strongest arm the team has seen in years and accuracy reminiscent of Bernie Kosar."

The matter in which they are trying to sell this guy is quite comical and from what I've seen from tapes during Browns OTA's, im not eating the bullsh!t off the lobster platter. Colt will be the starter after the first Steelers game whether it be injury or incompetence. Book it!

---------- Post added June-6th-2012 at 10:07 AM ----------

Does anyone have taste for Brownies... I didn't think so.

"Special Brownies" sound good right about now lol

Grossi says Weeden has the strongest arm the team has seen in years and accuracy reminiscent of Bernie Kosar.

Funny how this comes out soon after reports of "the Arm" start circulating. What a joke.

---------- Post added June-6th-2012 at 10:10 AM ----------

"Grossi says Weeden has the strongest arm the team has seen in years and accuracy reminiscent of Bernie Kosar."

The matter in which they are trying to sell this guy is quite comical and from what I've seen from tapes during Browns OTA's, im not eating the bullsh!t off the lobster platter. Colt will be the starter after the first Steelers game whether it be injury or incompetence. Book it!

That's funny. Was just saying the same thing.

I was just thinking the same thing LFS actually. Im more interested in the fact that they have been somewhat hush on Trent Richardson's progression as an RB as well. I could definitely see the Browns flopping on two 1st rounders with Heckert and Holmgren running the show lol

When did they claim "collusion"? Holmgren said he believed the relationships between Shanahan/Fisher and Allen/Demoff lead to us winning out. Different than collusion.

I think what he meant by "collusion" was when Holmgren (or their GM, can't remember) basically said that it didn't matter what the Browns offered--that the Rams were only going to trade with the Skins, effectively taking the "free market" out of the equation and instead using a behind-the-scenes relationship to determine things. At the time a lot of people thought the Browns were trying to 'splain to their fans why they missed out on RG3.

Anyway, as to the topic, I found it a bit insulting that they claimed Griffin was "eager to show how fast he was"...

Archived