Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Sports Bog - Jason Campbell: Fake Fake Fake Fake Fake

JimmiJo

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/08/jason_campbell_fake_fake_fake.html

Jason Campbell: Fake Fake Fake Fake Fake

Excerpt:

Finally, I found Campbell signing autographs for his adoring fans and asked the crucial question. "Did you hit it, did you hit it?" the adoring fans also asked, knowing immediately what I was talking about.

"Yeah," Campbell said.

"Yeahhhh, I knew that was real," one of the adoring fans said.

"I don't believe you dude," I said.

"You don't believe me?" he asked.

"Jason, I believe you," the adoring fan said.

Click on link for full article...

First comment after the blog points to evidence supporting fake:

"Hmm. On his second throw, the shadow of the football seems to disappear. Hmm again."

This appears to be so. Shadow disappears after it passes behind Campbell.

Yeah definitely the swagger he has in that commercial is priceless, but you can tell that it's fake.

1) There's no shadow on the second ball, so there's obviously some computer tampering.

2) The trajectory of the ball on the right just seems so unnatural.

Whatever, I don't really care, because JC is money, and his personality is great.

I think that it is real and fake. A mixture of the two. I'd imagine that this stunt is just like that of Chris Simms' stunt.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/06/Bucs/The_daily_grind.shtml

The camera angles, of course, leave viewers wondering: Did he really do that? Simms, of course, has a ready answer.

"I'm that accurate," he said Friday.

Then he fessed up: "I plugged them in there. Maybe not one right after another. That's the magic of cine-matography. They can make it look like all one thing. It was a really fun thing to do, though. I saw it for the first time a couple nights ago. It was really cool."

Simms filmed the commercial during the offseason at One Buc Place, firing about 60 passes to get the necessary footage.

"I guess the commercial wasn't long enough to put all my makes in there," he said.

I think Jason did throw one football and followed that up with another. As a result, both footballs hit--eventually. I also do think that it took a number of takes. A number that is much higher than Kelli Johnson has reported.

The part that is questionable is where both footballs land in the waiting arms of two receivers. It looks to me that is the part that is fake. I think that is the part where some serious editing happened.

With cine-matography.. impossible is nothing. :)

I think you got it pg.

I have no doubt that for the most part it's real. But I'm certainly not ruling out any computer tampering.

OT

From the article:

The next question was about Antwaan Randle El's frequent jabs at his playcalling diction. "Antwaan has little ears," Campbell said. "He's got to get some bigger ears so he can hear."

:laugh: :laugh:

Like I said in the other thread:

Jesus, people. They're ALL fake.

Or is Neil Rackers already posing for his bust in Canton?

Oh, crap, no. He has to go in after Mike Nugent with his AMAZING no-shadow balls! Must've been the same ones that Campbell was using.

And I don't understand why we wouldn't trade our entire draft for Braylon Edwards. I mean, check this out!

Honestly, people. It's for FANTASY football. Are you really that dense?

when asked if he could throw a ball 30 yards and then hit it with another ball, Mark Brunell replied, "hold on a second, you are asking 2 questions at once. i mean i don't know if i can throw the ball 30 yards to start so i'm not sure i can give an accurate response to the compound question."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/08/jason_campbell_fake_fake_fake.html

Jason Campbell: Fake Fake Fake Fake Fake

Excerpt:

Click on link for full article...

This is a totally "distasteful" post and in my opinion only an "idiot" would do this. I cannot tolerate people that waste their time on negative things to do and try to assasinate the character of someone that is trying to better himself.:mad:

Like I said in the other thread:

Jesus, people. They're ALL fake.

And I don't understand why we wouldn't trade our entire draft for Braylon Edwards. I mean, check this out!

Honestly, people. It's for FANTASY football. Are you really that dense?

Buddy get some glasses. If you follow the balls you can see the shadow on the right side of the screen. You see the sun is not at 12 o'clock so the shadow will not be straight down. The sun is on the left side of the screen/object so the shadow will be on the right side of an object. Oh, I am sorry did someone not pay attention in school!!!!

You should also correct your post as Nugent and Edwards are sharing the same link. :doh:

Archived