Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Sports Bog - Jason Campbell: Fake Fake Fake Fake Fake

JimmiJo

Buddy get some glasses. If you follow the balls you can see the shadow on the right side of the screen. You see the sun is not at 12 o'clock so the shadow will not be straight down. The sun is on the left side of the screen/object so the shadow will be on the right side of an object. Oh, I am sorry did someone not pay attention in school!!!!

You should also correct your post as Nugent and Edwards are sharing the same link. :doh:

Your getting worked up by a commercial and shadows. Relax, breathe.

Dear Mr. La Canfora—

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say the the Jason Campbell trick is fake. Papa says, “If you see it in JLC's blog, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is it real?

Virginia O’Hanlon

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the scepticism of a sceptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there are two balls thrown by Jason and caught by two slow white guys. It exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no insane passing tricks by Jason Campbell! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no child-like faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Jason's prowess! You might as well not believe in Sammy Baugh or Joe Gibbs! You might get your papa to analyze the videotape, but what would that prove? The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. They probably caught a plane for Jeff Gracia's wedding. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Jason Campbell trick!? Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

when asked if he could throw a ball 30 yards and then hit it with another ball, Mark Brunell replied, "hold on a second, you are asking 2 questions at once. i mean i don't know if i can throw the ball 30 yards to start so i'm not sure i can give an accurate response to the compound question."

:notworthy

First comment after the blog points to evidence supporting fake:

"Hmm. On his second throw, the shadow of the football seems to disappear. Hmm again."

This appears to be so. Shadow disappears after it passes behind Campbell.

If thats the best evidence he can come up with thats pretty lame. How about he actually go out and throw a football the same way, with a camera the same way and see how long he can see that shadow on tape. Of course its going to disapear, because the camera cant still catch that shadow 20 yards down the field...

That commercial is fake and it is funny and I like it. Now, which Extremeskinner is going to go out and try and duplicate that "feat"???

I tried it last night and posted it the other thread on this same target. But my kids who are 4 & 3 dropped the damn ball so IT MUST BE FAKE. :laugh:

I tried it last night and posted it the other thread on this same target. But my kids who are 4 & 3 dropped the damn ball so IT MUST BE FAKE. :laugh:

Right...the video is fake. There are no kids in it!!!

When you are trying to duplicate something it is REAL important you try to use the same equipment.

How can you put your kids through this???:doh:

Dear Mr. La Canfora—

I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say the the Jason Campbell trick is fake. Papa says, “If you see it in JLC's blog, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is it real?

Virginia O’Hanlon

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the scepticism of a sceptical age. They do not believe except they see.............

............No Jason Campbell trick!? Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Nice.

I see you've been to Church.

All you have to do is watch the guy on the right and youll see.

Agreed. He completely freezes. That's the only overt flaw to an otherwise great display of CGI editing.

Now that we know it's fake, it's safe to say we are doomed. Let's bring in Aaron Brooks. HE could make that throw FOR REAL.

:)

:logo:

when I play basketball I always throw my ball up and hit other peoples ball when they are shooting, i plan it out so it shells it right b4 they think its gonna drop in....

I am no athlete and Campbell is the opposite of that, so I really feel like this could be done. Except how it goes to right where the receivers are standing, weve all see footballs bounce on the ground you really have no control on what they are gonna do when they hit.

FAKE, but a well-designed one. For those of you who think this was real, I'd have you look again, keeping in mind my comments below.

Look at the first football JC throws. There is no shadow on the ground as he throws it. .... But look at the second ball that he throws a split second later. You can see the shadow as he throws the second ball. So why is the shadow missing? Because the tape is doctored!

Now look at how JC throws the ball. The first one is in the direction of the receiver on the left, and the second is in the direction of the other receiver. Neither ball was thown directly down the middle!

But what do you see later -- some shadows that look like the balls intersect and collide downfield. Not possible. That's why you don't see any ball shadows beyound 4 yards from where JC tosses the ball, but you can see the shadows of the WRs as they run down the field.

As for the "deflected" balls landing into the receivers' arms? Those had to have been thown at a different time, perhaps from the sidelines to make the "bounce" angle look better. The last 10 yards of the those passes (trajectory and reception) were then pasted inton the clip while the editors were cleaning up any signs of the trajectories of JC's original passes. They are far enough downfield for this kind of editing.

It's all about the graphics folks. And in this digitized age, one needs to view any of these kinds of electronic video clips with a grain of salt.

when asked if he could throw a ball 30 yards and then hit it with another ball, Mark Brunell replied, "hold on a second, you are asking 2 questions at once. i mean i don't know if i can throw the ball 30 yards to start so i'm not sure i can give an accurate response to the compound question."

I'm :D and :( at the same time

First comment after the blog points to evidence supporting fake:

"Hmm. On his second throw, the shadow of the football seems to disappear. Hmm again."

This appears to be so. Shadow disappears after it passes behind Campbell.

This is true, the there is no shadow for either ball.

However, I think that it's real.

Archived