Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brief post game thoughts

HeHateMe

Took a lot to be able to come over to the site today to post my thoughts, but I won't go into hiding for the offseason regardless. I'll keep it brief though.

Team showed up and played hard. Played well enough to win. I was very proud of the effort put forth, especially in light of the recent perfomances by this team.

Probably couldve tried to exploit their secondary a little more, but for the first time in a long time the running game was working so I'm not too frustrated with lack of going deep more. Jones played well and reassured me he is our #1 RB.

Carpenter finally came into his own which is a nice surprise since he's been a bit of a disappointment up until the last month or so of the season. He looks like he will be a big contributor next season.

James and Williams continue to get killed by the long pass over the middle. Gotta correct that. In light of that, I wouldnt be surprised if Zimmer is gone next season.

Officiating was overall, decent, a little too ticky tacky for me, but I cant argue too much. The reversal of the Witten spot at the end is frustrating only because spotting the ball is so subjective. Yes, the original spot looked favorable to Dallas, but theres no way there is "indisputable" and "conclusive" evidence to say it was exactly at the 1 and a half yard line. But such is life and whats done is done.

Of course the Romo sits to pee blunder is gut wrenching, and it will bother me all season. But I truly like the kid, and think he's going to be a special player in this league. He went into a hostile enviornment in the playoffs. His 11th overall start and first playoff one. And he played well enough to win. He protected to the ball much better than the last few weeks. Didnt make any regrettable plays. I was satisfied with his performance all in all.

The bobbled hold is something that happens. I'm not surprised it happened to my Cowboys. Seems that we can never get out of spotlight. Whether good or terribly bad. What can you do. Life as a Cowboys fan.

As for the team, as previously stated, I can see this as Zimmer's last season. But he may come back, depending on what shakes out with other available coaches.

As for Owens, well, its sort of tied to Parcells. I see Parcells coming back for one more year. In most part because of Romo sits to pee. He gives Parcells hope at the spot which Parcells loves most. And he's put together a nice group of talent which, if playing to potential, can make a serious run to the Super Bowl. Especially in a very mediocre NFC. With another draft full of picks, and a boat load of cash under the salary cap, he can add the pieces he feels are necessary to make the next step. I'd be somewhat surprised if he is NOT back on the sidelines in 2007.

That being said, I think when he does have this meeting with Jones about his future, he will make it clear, it not so many words, that Owens cannot be a part of this team. That dynamic should be interesting. But if push comes to shove, it will be Parcells, not Owens, in Dallas in 2007.

Address the offensive line, upgrade the WR's (presuming T.O. is not back), get some more depth at CB, a decent backup QB, and another pass rusher to pair with Ware, and things could be very nice in Dallas next season.

I back this team, and especially Parcells, 100%. They had an up and down season, and sure I am down, and will be a for a while. But I have really taken a liking to this team and with the right changes and a return of Parcells, it could be a special year in 2007.

As for the rest of the playoffs, Seattle will get trounced by whoever they play next week. And no, thats not the bitter me speaking. The emotional high of this game, coupled with all the injuries, as well as this team just not being anything more than above average, and being on the road, spells doom next week. Especially if its at Chicago. I cant see them putting up more than 10.

As for today, I like the Giants in an upset, I have no clue why. They really have no shot, but thats why I like them. New England will win.

Baltimore and New Orleans in the Super Bowl.

Happy playoffs everyone. I know youre all happy now that Dallas is out.

I had another great season of bantering with my most hated rivals. :cheers:

Classy post HHM......I agree with everything you said above with regards to the Boys. The most impressive thing for me was watching the heart that Jones played with. He ran with anger behind his pads and it should serve as a launching pad for next season.

James sucks in pass coverage, but more than anything else, last night proved that all Williams is is a glorified LB playing in the secondary. He can hit, but for all of his accolades, on the TDs that Seattle scored, he was always the last person to try and tackle the TE before he entered the endzone. The problem was that he was also the closet person to him the entire route......

Keep your head up, there are 20 other teams that wanted to have the chance that your team had.

Good man, HeHateMe. I didn't get to see the game b/c I had to work but I did end up seeing the highlights and what can I say? Losing like that just plain sucks. Here's to a good off-season for your Cowboys and Romo sits to pee's continued development.:cheers:

I won't deny the fact that my immediate reaction after the bobbled snap was joy and glee. :evil:

But after a moment I sincerely did feel bad for Cowboy fans. I remembered how awful I felt after the Dan Turk debacle in Tampa 7 years ago and what happened last night was even worse than that.

Rough way to end a season.

Cowboys should be tough next year.

Congrats on at least getting to the postseason HHM.

My immediate reaction after the bobbled snap was extreme cheering, smiles like there's no tomorrow, and sincere laughter out loud lol :laugh:...Sorry, but it was. :) The two best feelings in football for me are 1) watching the Redskins win, either by a blowout or by some last-second heroics...and 2) watching the Cowboys lose, either by a blowout or by some last-second f-ups. Seeing both happen within the same game is blissful paradise lol...*grin*

That being said, I know all too well what it feels like for you right now, and that feelings bites big, hairy, smelly ones in no uncertain terms. Glad you wanted to come over here and still post your thoughts, HHM...believe it or not, many of us look for you and your Cowboy brethren when things like this happen, not so that we can rag on you...well, ok, it's so we can rag on you lol :cool:...but it's ALSO because we do want to know your thoughts and how you're viewing the game in its aftermath. Thanks for providing us with a good and classy post that accomplishes just that.

Now pull up a seat, grab a beer, and celebrate with us the demise of yet another hated NFC East rival today lol... :cheers:

My favorite part of the game, was after Promo's sack & fumble to start the 2nd half

Bill: throw the ****ing ball away, throw the ****ing ball away, throw the ****ing ball away!!!

classic

we have the off season to get geared up full of hope, for next season :)

HeHateMe-

I think your team did indeed get screwed at the end of the game. And I am not talking about the slick looking ball, even though I believe that is why he bobbled it.

I am talking about the spot of the football at the one and a half yard line on the Witten pass. Now, I agree that he did not reach the half yard line but placing it a full yard behind that was a stretch. I believe the ball should have been placed on the one and measured from there. Trying to place it exactly where his forward progress was stopped would be impossible so you have to go by half yards.

Anyway, the game is essentially over with the first down there. I am surprised that Michaels and Madden didn't mention that possibility before the play happened.

Sorry but that spot reversal was dead on the right call. That original spot was rediculious and the angle of the camera had zero to do with it. you could see where his feet were on the field and where the ball was in his hands to know it never went beyond the 1 yard line, not really even close. Seattle made an excellent play all you had to do was make the FG

Now, The safety call to me was the play that should be questioned. I don't think Glenn made an NFL catch as it is defined and it should have been ruled an incomplete pass because as soon as he cought it he slipped and the ball touched the ground. That's what I saw anyway. So you can see I'm not trying to be bias here on the other call. The overturn spot was totally legit and I'll lay money you were laughing at the spot at first.

The botched FG though sucks because you have no leg to stand on. You had a victory in hand snatched from a botched FG attempt.

Excellent post except for the spot of the ball being so suggestive. Skins fans can feel your pain. I can almost feel sorry for Romo sits to pee but all the media attention he got as the Saviour makes it easier..LOL

? That play should not even have happened. Romo sits to pee audibled to that play. So, all in all, Romo sits to pee made a definite mistake and the refs might have made a mistake. It all evens out. :cool:

Oh Romo sits to pee blows it again... I now see the enjoyment in your philosophy..:laugh:

Sorry but that spot reversal was dead on the right call. That original spot was rediculious and the angle of the camera had zero to do with it. you could see where his feet were on the field and where the ball was in his hands to know it never went beyond the 1 yard line, not really even close. Seattle made an excellent play all you had to do was make the FG

So you could conclusively see that the ball should have been placed on the one and a half yard line? Did you see an angle that I did not? I recall no true angle that looked perpindicular down the field to determine this.

You could also clearly hear that Al Michaels was surprised with the overturn. And Troy Aikman mentioned how he didn't see how they could respot it like that either.

Took a lot to be able to come over to the site today to post my thoughts, but I won't go into hiding for the offseason regardless.

Respect for this post!:thumbsup:
Carpenter finally came into his own which is a nice surprise since he's been a bit of a disappointment up until the last month or so of the season.

Carpenter stood out which really is the first time all season. Definitely has to make you feel better about that pick.

I wouldnt be surprised if Zimmer is gone next season.

He should be gone, an upgrade is needed.
Address the offensive line, upgrade the WR's (presuming T.O. is not back), get some more depth at CB, a decent backup QB, and another pass rusher to pair with Ware, and things could be very nice in Dallas next season.

I don't think TO is with Dallas whether Parcells is back or not. I also do not see Parcells back.

There has been much discussion of Dallas changing to a 4-3 defense. I don't think it is a good idea based on the personnel accumulated. However if you do change, your DE opposite Ware could easily be Canty.

With all the money and picks, Dallas does seriously need to address the DB's.

As for today, I like the Giants in an upset, I have no clue why. They really have no shot, but thats why I like them. New England will win.

Ouch, just not your weekend, is it? j/k

Nice of you to post your thoughts, helps to get over the lost and move on.

On the ball spot at the end of the game:

I think the Refs' conclusion was that Witten did not get the first down, and they spotted the ball at the 1.5 to avoid having the ball respotted at the exact spot they thought it might have been only to have a measurement overturn what was their original conclusion that led to the respotting of the ball.

Witten did not get the first down therefor the ball was spotted behind the first down marker and Dallas was still able to win the game on a chip shot field goal.

As for Owens, well, its sort of tied to Parcells. I see Parcells coming back for one more year. In most part because of Romo sits to pee. He gives Parcells hope at the spot which Parcells loves most.

I don't see TO back regardless of Parcells decision.

Since Romo sits to pee has been exposed, he only looks average at best. Sure he makes many rookie mistakes, but should he with all the time he has had learning over the years? Yes he has promise, but needs much work!

Bill has looked almost as frustrated at the end of the season as he did at the beginning. For this reason, I do not see Parcells coming back to Dallas as head coach. Either he takes a GM or FO position with the Cowboys or moves back to the Northeast in the same capacity with one of the NY teams.

On the ball spot at the end of the game:

I think the Refs' conclusion was that Witten did not get the first down, and they spotted the ball at the 1.5 to avoid having the ball respotted at the exact spot they thought it might have been only to have a measurement overturn what was their original conclusion that led to the respotting of the ball.

Witten did not get the first down therefor the ball was spotted behind the first down marker and Dallas was still able to win the game on a chip shot field goal.

I never thought of it like that but you make a good point. But if this is what they did I don't see how they could justify it. Here is how I saw it as well as many many other fans.

1. Jason Witten was stopped somewhere around the one yard line.

2. The replay showed that he did not reach the half yard mark.

3. The replay also did not provide a proper angle to where exactly to spot the ball except for simply placing it on the one yard line.

I believe if they spotted it where they did to avoid a measurement then maybe the spotting of the football should not be a reviewable play any more.

For the record, I was elated when they did spot the ball where they did :silly:

I believe if they spotted it where they did to avoid a measurement then maybe the spotting of the football should not be a reviewable play any more.

For the record, I was elated when they did spot the ball where they did :silly:

The NFL has a mint worth of money yet they cannot afford 6 cameras on each field for replays: 2 on each side of the goal lines (for a total of 4) and 2 on a track that coincide with the first down markers on each side of the ball. If you ask me they are just asking for controversy by using nothing but the TV cameras.

Archived