Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would as many people hate Snyder if we were winning?

ST#21willbreaku

After reading the article in yesterdays Washington post I would like to hear some comments from the fans as to why everyone hates Snyder so much.

We know the media dislikes him because he will not speak..... but why are the fans cursing this man.

I not so sure I understand the bitterness toward him.... other than the fact that our team has been losing so much why don't you as a fan dislike the Daniel?

Can we really fault him for making money?

I think there's a fine line between making money off a team without alienating the fans whose loyalty you must depend upon. The loyalty and support of the fans, as important as that is, is an amorphous thing, difficult to measure. Losing doesn't help - fans are certainly quicker to complain if there is not a winning product on the field.

Early on, I didn't like him for being a meddling owner who didn't know the first thing about football. At least when Jerry Jones scouted players, he could always play the "I played at Arkansas" card.

I give him credit for apparently somewhat learning from his mistakes back then.

What annoys me now is how every minute aspect of the Redskins is viewed as a marketing/money-making opportunity. Honestly, I would love a moment in my fandom where I did not fell like a piggy bank - particularly when the team has not been putting out a successful product on the field during the Danny's tenure.

No. Most would adore him.

I think he's disliked so much because he was young and rich. I think some hate him because he's Jewish. Other's seem to dislike him because he's short. And some dislike him because they view him as a meddler who should be deferring all authority and just rubberstamping checks.

I've always liked him. - When he first bought the team he spoke to the media occasionaly, and usually what he said got twisted and blown out of proportion (like the media does) - so he just decided not to say anything at all. - Can't blame him for that.

His first year he made mistakes, that he admitted, but sports "writers" can't let go of what happened 6 years ago and continue to assume things on non-existant information.

As a team owner - he is willing to do whatever is needed.

Some people always want someone to blame I guess.

Didn't he fire a bunch of receptionists and stuff when he bought the team?

Then there's his boycott of any media outlet that doesn't do exactly what he wants them to do.

Then there's charging to come to training camp practice, which allowed every team in the league to send a scout, buy a ticket, and watch every Redskins practice.

The money he spends on salaries is only as good as the number of wins those players put up.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he more-or-less a privileged little prick, you k'now, just in general?

Marty the GM did that

Then there's his boycott of any media outlet that doesn't do exactly what he wants them to do.?

Coincedently the same media that started bashing the team after the team revoked the free tickets they got which it was proven they scalped

Then there's charging to come to training camp practice, which allowed every team in the league to send a scout, buy a ticket, and watch every Redskins practice.

did it once, admitted it was a mistake, hasn't done it since.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he more-or-less a privileged little prick, you k'now, just in general?

privileged in the sense he's a self made billionare? He doesn't come from money, like many assume because he's wealthy. He's made all of his money himself. Not to mention gives millions to charities every year.

No. Most would adore him.

I think he's disliked so much because he was young and rich. I think some hate him because he's Jewish. Other's seem to dislike him because he's short. And some dislike him because they view him as a meddler who should be deferring all authority and just rubberstamping checks.

I agree 100%:applause:

I don't hate the man. In fact I admire the man for giving his coaching staff whatever they want. I don't think he's as hands on as he used to be which was annoying, but the man definitely spends the money to TRY and win. Have they been the best decisions? No, but he's tried his best FINANCIALLY to field the best team. As for making money, hey what can you say the Skins are a very popular team with a broad fan base. I don't knock him for all of his marketing. The only problem I have with Dan is that he has been impatient in the past and created too many changes with the coaching staff. Other than that I think he wants to win as bad as anyone.

Then there's his boycott of any media outlet that doesn't do exactly what he wants them to do.

The money he spends on salaries is only as good as the number of wins those players put up.

This post is the epitome of the unwaranted jealousy of snyder that breeds the hate towards him.

from what i have read hes not a priveledge prick hes a self mad prick who invested his own money in his favorite team.

Check it out since you call yourself a fan you should know this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Snyder

I think if we were winning, and had been winning for his entire duration of owning the team, he would probably be viewed as the Steinbrenner of the NFL. The whole trying to buy a championship every offseason by breaking the bank on every meaningful free agent on the market thing would set in, as the Yanks do that every offseason, except they have more success than us. Right now, hes viewed as a Steinbrenner wanna-be that cant seem to get it right no matter what he does.

Absolutely not, everyone would say all the money we paid those guys was so worth it and blah blah. A fan on sportstalk 980 a few weeks ago made a great point, when things were going good at the end of last year everyone loved the team, the decisions the free agents. But when we suck this year everyone ****es about every single aspect of the team. I dont blame snyder, actually I love the guy, if we want a player and he is told that guy will help us win he writes the check. As I said when we are losing everyone blames everything.

Well, um, that's kind of the point, isn't it?

That is exactly the point. Let me expand on this for people who lack critical thinking, and let this statement fly right over their heads.

If Snyder's style resulted in successful seasons every year, then the people who would hate Snyder otherwise wouldn't have much to complain about would they?

And further, if Snyder aided in fielding successful teams, those that would remain hating him would be outed for hating him due to non-football reasons.

I hope that explains why the OP's question is pointless and answers itself. :laugh:

This post is the epitome of the unwaranted jealousy of snyder that breeds the hate towards him.

from what i have read hes not a priveledge prick hes a self mad prick who invested his own money in his favorite team.

Check it out since you call yourself a fan you should know this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Snyder

Very Well put Uno! If anybody read the Washingtonian piece on him, and of course there are the Lenny Shapiro's of the world who say that it was an inside piece, they would know that he made himself into the billionaire he is through mistakes and time. He ended up owning the team he loves, and anybody who says he doesn't love the team, i think you are insane.

As for the Danny haters, yeah i'd much rather have Bill Bidwill as the owner of the skins! Gimme a break.

To answer the question in this post. One word.

NO.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

If we were winning then Synder would be the greatest thing to happen to Washington.

But we are not winning and the man has turned FedEx into a place where people can chat and make business deals. The real fans (well many of them not everyone) can't afford to go to all the home games anymore. I can see why a lot of ppl hate him.

I have my doubts about him.

Outside of Washington, I think people hate Snyder because he is trying to buy a championship team. Most of these people would love it if their owner would do the same. Also, on TV, I think they get a lot of pleasure watching him lose; he always looks like his head is about to burst like a balloon.

Inside of Washington, winning is everything. The truth is that the cap rules don't let you buy a championship - Snyder just looks like he is because the Redskins are so active in the free agent market year after year. To be frank, I don't think that the constant turnover at every position has been good for the team or the fans, nor has the short leash with coaches. Over time, playing the free agent market heavily means that you are buying your players at a price that their old team was unwilling to pay - and their old team had a lot more information on which to base their decision. Not a recipe for success.

Archived